Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Asss 1.5.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  Staff Login Post :: Post Billing & Directory Problems  View next topic  
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Asss 1.5.0 Reply to topic Reply with quote

As some of you already know, I'm taking over the maintenance and development of ASSS from Grelminar. I've been working on a new asss version for a while, but due to other obligations I was forced to put it on hold until now.

If you have any changes you'd like to see made to the core, post them here. I will only be integrating changes to the core to facilitate the addition of features by other modules, or to add features usable by the majority of zones. In other words, I'm not going to write you an elim module. On the other hand, if you have a core change needed to make *your* elim module work then that should be posted here.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me

Last edited by Dr Brain on Thu May 21, 2009 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:

Cheese wrote:

why does as3 have ?flagreset and not ?ballreset?

Because no one bothered to write one.

Cheese wrote:

why does it seem that arena->playing and arena->total give the same number, even while 2 are in ships and 1 in spec?

Because playing doesn't mean what one might think. If I recall correctly, playing in this context means game clients capable of entering the game. I think chatnet clients and fake players don't count toward that number.

Cheese wrote:

also, looking through the src, i cant seem to find how asss handles setting doors...
aka, it doesnt use cfg DoorMode, theres no game->door(250);, etc
or did i miss something...?

also, this: http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=8383
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well assuming you haven't already implemented these changes, I'd like to see the following:

- The SHIPCHANGE and FREQCHANGE callbacks should return the player's previous ship/freq rather than their current ship/freq. (or both)

- Periodic points should not send the periodic reward packet to the player/frequency if the reward returns 0. (here)

- Antiwarp should be automatically disabled while a player is in safe (here)

- Add Snrrrub's patches (e.g. sendto)

- Ball game win callback (like this)

- A better way to be able to add stuff to the client settings list (i.e. esc+c).

- add ?packetloss, ?laghist

- Imo, remove the "-f" from setship and setfreq commands (i.e. don't respect freqmanager by default).

- Disallow jackpot from being negative using the ?setjackpot command.

- Make zone recycling (?shutdown -r) a separate command (if you accidentally typo, then you've just killed the whole zone)

- Make the arena numbering thing an option (I'd like to be able to use arenas appended with numbers, that aren't necessarily related. i.e. arena2 is [optionally] unrelated to arena)

- Fix the default directory servers so that only "sscentral.sscuservers.net" and "ssdir.playsubspace.com" appear (all others are dead)

I would also like to see a lot of messages cleaned up, especially in playercmd.c (Words without proper capitalization irks me just as much as you dislike ppl writing as3)

Cheating-wise, I would suggest that the server keep track of player's timer drift (and spec them). Higher than 25 or lower than -25 (in *einfo) is an indicator that a player is either of three: 1) cheating, 2) lagging too horribly to play anyways, 3) in an odd time zone (which shouldn't happen)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not going to implement the ballreset thing because I don't work with powerball games enough to do it correctly. If someone familiar with the internals of the powerball games wants to write a patch, I'd be happy to integrate it.

I may add an arena->spectating variable in a later release. I may find that it's not be feasible to track this. It's on my list at least, though.

Doors can already be set with either a cfg change or a clientset override.

Hakaku wrote:
- The SHIPCHANGE and FREQCHANGE callbacks should return the player's previous ship/freq rather than their current ship/freq. (or both)

I'm rewriting the freqman from the ground up, and I'll make sure the callbacks make sense.

Hakaku wrote:
- Periodic points should not send the periodic reward packet to the player/frequency if the reward returns 0. (here)

I'll look into this.

Hakaku wrote:
- Antiwarp should be automatically disabled while a player is in safe (here)

I'm not going to make any changes that could affect current zone's gameplay. However, with my position packet callbacks one could make a new module to do this in about 10 minutes.

Hakaku wrote:
- Add Snrrrub's patches (e.g. sendto)

I added his first four. I haven't added his newer stuff. I'm still trying to get in contact with him about it.

Hakaku wrote:
- Ball game win callback (like this)

As I said to cheese, I'm not familiar enough with the powerball game to make this change. If someone wants to submit a patch, I'd be happy to integrate it into the core.

Hakaku wrote:
- A better way to be able to add stuff to the client settings list (i.e. esc+c).

Not sure what you mean here.

Hakaku wrote:
- add ?packetloss, ?laghist

I'm going to delay rewriting the lag module for a future release.

Hakaku wrote:
- Imo, remove the "-f" from setship and setfreq commands (i.e. don't respect freqmanager by default).

I think they should go through the freqman by default.

Hakaku wrote:
- Disallow jackpot from being negative using the ?setjackpot command.

Will do.

Hakaku wrote:
- Make zone recycling (?shutdown -r) a separate command (if you accidentally typo, then you've just killed the whole zone)

There used to be a ?recycle, but I don't know what happened to it. I'll look into it.

Hakaku wrote:
- Make the arena numbering thing an option (I'd like to be able to use arenas appended with numbers, that aren't necessarily related. i.e. arena2 is [optionally] unrelated to arena)

Might be difficult, but I'll look into it.

Hakaku wrote:
- Fix the default directory servers so that only "sscentral.sscuservers.net" and "ssdir.playsubspace.com" appear (all others are dead)

Good idea.

Hakaku wrote:
I would also like to see a lot of messages cleaned up, especially in playercmd.c (Words without proper capitalization irks me just as much as you dislike ppl writing as3)

If you make a list then I'll fix them all. I can give it a go myself if you don't have time.

Hakaku wrote:
Cheating-wise, I would suggest that the server keep track of player's timer drift (and spec them). Higher than 25 or lower than -25 (in *einfo) is an indicator that a player is either of three: 1) cheating, 2) lagging too horribly to play anyways, 3) in an odd time zone (which shouldn't happen)

This falls into the domain of a new lag module, which I'm going to delay until a future release.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Changes I've already integrated:

• Callback for position packets allowing modification per-arena or per-player. This allows a lot of neat stuff.
  • ?flaginfo will show the team of flag holders.
  • The ?quickfix for team spawn stuff was broken.
  • I added a centralized ship_names static char array. Many modules were independently creating their own.
  • I added a FOR_EACH macro for iterating linked lists. This helps to clean up the code immeasurably.
  • Numerous small bug fixes
  • Added some changes to pymod submitted by D1st0rt.

Things I'm still working on:

• Native 64-bit functionality
  • Freqman rewrite

These are not exhaustive lists, but they give the major highlights.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The ?lag info has improper capitalization (no capitalization at all, actually)
same for ?jackpot
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Perhaps a FOR_EACH_PLAYER_IN_ARENA macro?

Thanks for continuing ASSS! icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Samapico

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese, in the topic he linked to wrote:
if i recall, mervbot provided BOTH.
Merv gives you the old ship/freq, and you have direct access to the new value with p->ship or p->freq (or p->team... forgot)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
Not sure what you mean here.

As it is, it's not exactly possible to add custom settings within the in-game command list (server.set I think?). In other words, rather than having to retrieve the file (e.g. arena.conf), modify it, then place it back all the time (whether in-game or via ftp), it is quite a hassle for something that could take a few seconds if it were recognized as a valid setting for esc+c/getsettings/quickfix.

Basically, what I'd like to eventually see is a more dynamic approach for being able to customize the settings list provided in-game, rather than having as an only option to modify clientset.c/def.

Dr Brain wrote:
I think they should go through the freqman by default.

Any specific reason for requiring them in the freqman? I would assume moderators responsible enough to know what frequency to place a player on, or what ship to put a player in; but it's honestly really redundant if they can use the '-f' feature anyways. The other advantage is that it provides backwards-compatibility for all bots/plugins (think of people who don't know how to modify bot plugins).

If you really aren't going to change it, I would say at least change it so that it detects if the player using the command is a bot or not.

Dr Brain wrote:
If you make a list then I'll fix them all. I can give it a go myself if you don't have time.

I made a lot of changes for Deva, most of them involve simple capitalization at the start of sentences, and for titles such as "arena owner" is capitalized as "Arena Owner". I also rendered a few of them more subgame-like, so that ?jackpot doesn't return "jackpot: 0", but "Current Jackpot: 0". I don't care if you don't make it subgame-ish, but at least capitalize some of it all.

Also, the ?uptime command should check if the words need to be pluralized (so that it doesn't say "uptime: 1 days 1 hours 1 minutes...") Oh, and the default ?lag command is ugly :/

-------
And just random notes:

As MTN pointed out to me, billing-wise it's possible for ASSS to rewrite the commands locally so that they're never sent to the biller. This poses a problem since not only can you disable biller commands, but you can easily eaves drop onto what biller operators are doing.

The way scores are stored in ASSS seems to be flawed, I've seen users have their scores reset for basically no reason whatsoever. And it's definitely not ?scorereset (nor biller score resets) as this happens to myself as well, and also seems to happen if you use a chat client to enter the zone. I haven't really had time to look at how scores work, but I suspect somewhere ASSS is resetting the score when a player logs in.

In regards to ?obscene, it would be nice if you could censor a single word, not every single occurence of that string. That is, if I add "nig" to the obscene list, I don't want "night" to be censored as well. Perhaps make it more like:
apple <- Only the word apple is censored
apple* <- The word apple, along with any word starting with apple is censored.
*apple <- The word apple, along with any word ending with apple is censored.
app*le <- All words starting with app-, and ending with -le are censored.
etc.
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Some things of the top of my head and some things I encountered while doing a project a year ago. Some of these might not be applicable anymore.

• A constant for that fuschia color of yours

• Last time I used ASSS the object module was buggy with a lot of objects (~800). Players entering would simply not get the updated position states (on/off states were fine if I recall correctly, which is a different packet)

• Smongs objects module patch. I can't find a link but i have it laying around somewhere. This was from 2006 tho, it probably is already in the core

• Better documentation on locking & threading in ASSS.

• points_goal: Setting to disable the soccer game. In other words, you score, you get points, nothing more, no game.

• Perhaps a Callback / Interface so that something like smong's fm_shiplimits doesnt have to replace the normal freq manager. http://www.toktok.sscentral.com/ss-asss.html

Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Initrd.gz wrote:
Perhaps a FOR_EACH_PLAYER_IN_ARENA macro?

I'll add one, since it's not hard and will be useful.

Hakaku wrote:
As it is, it's not exactly possible to add custom settings within the in-game command list (server.set I think?). In other words, rather than having to retrieve the file (e.g. arena.conf), modify it, then place it back all the time (whether in-game or via ftp), it is quite a hassle for something that could take a few seconds if it were recognized as a valid setting for esc+c/getsettings/quickfix.

Basically, what I'd like to eventually see is a more dynamic approach for being able to customize the settings list provided in-game, rather than having as an only option to modify clientset.c/def.

Grel left me some notes on possible approaches for this, but they're all beyond the scope of what I want to do with the first few releases.

Hakaku wrote:
Any specific reason for requiring them in the freqman? I would assume moderators responsible enough to know what frequency to place a player on, or what ship to put a player in; but it's honestly really redundant if they can use the '-f' feature anyways. The other advantage is that it provides backwards-compatibility for all bots/plugins (think of people who don't know how to modify bot plugins).

It's more for safety than anything. I think mods typically use it to even teams, rather than to break team/ship limits.

Hakaku wrote:
If you really aren't going to change it, I would say at least change it so that it detects if the player using the command is a bot or not.

Just because I'm not going to change the default behavior doesn't mean I can't add a global.conf option to -f by default. If you think it's useful to your zone, then I'll add it. I just won't change the default behavior for other zones. I can add a config option for bots too, if desired.

Hakaku wrote:
I made a lot of changes for Deva, most of them involve simple capitalization at the start of sentences, and for titles such as "arena owner" is capitalized as "Arena Owner". I also rendered a few of them more subgame-like, so that ?jackpot doesn't return "jackpot: 0", but "Current Jackpot: 0". I don't care if you don't make it subgame-ish, but at least capitalize some of it all.

I'll go through the core and change everything I see. Let me know if there's anything I miss after 1.5.0 is released in a couple of weeks.

Hakaku wrote:
Also, the ?uptime command should check if the words need to be pluralized (so that it doesn't say "uptime: 1 days 1 hours 1 minutes...") Oh, and the default ?lag command is ugly :/

I'll fix ?uptime. I'm happy to take suggestions for a new ?lag output, but won't have time to come up with one myself for this release.

Hakaku wrote:
As MTN pointed out to me, billing-wise it's possible for ASSS to rewrite the commands locally so that they're never sent to the biller. This poses a problem since not only can you disable biller commands, but you can easily eaves drop onto what biller operators are doing.

There's nothing that can be done about this. The protocol is inherently insecure. A malicious zone could easily record the login information and execute arbitrary billing commands as the operator (which is much worse than simply logging the commands an operator executes). The moral of the story is don't enter your BanG information in strange zones.

Hakaku wrote:
The way scores are stored in ASSS seems to be flawed, I've seen users have their scores reset for basically no reason whatsoever. And it's definitely not ?scorereset (nor biller score resets) as this happens to myself as well, and also seems to happen if you use a chat client to enter the zone. I haven't really had time to look at how scores work, but I suspect somewhere ASSS is resetting the score when a player logs in.

I don't know much about scoring, but if you can give me more details and a use case that resets a player's score, I'll be happy to debug it and fix it.

Hakaku wrote:
In regards to ?obscene, it would be nice if you could censor a single word, not every single occurence of that string. That is, if I add "nig" to the obscene list, I don't want "night" to be censored as well. Perhaps make it more like:
apple <- Only the word apple is censored
apple* <- The word apple, along with any word starting with apple is censored.
*apple <- The word apple, along with any word ending with apple is censored.
app*le <- All words starting with app-, and ending with -le are censored.
etc.

Cerium wrote an obscene module for hyperspace that matched using regular expressions. I may have the opportunity to update the core's obscene module for a later release.

JoWie wrote:
A constant for that fuschia color of yours

I'll add it, but with a note saying that non-continuum clients will likely not support it.

JoWie wrote:
Last time I used ASSS the object module was buggy with a lot of objects (~800). Players entering would simply not get the updated position states (on/off states were fine if I recall correctly, which is a different packet)

The object module is a scary, confusing place. I don't know that I'm up to debugging it without further details, such as backtraces, or known problem conditions.

JoWie wrote:
Smongs objects module patch. I can't find a link but i have it laying around somewhere. This was from 2006 tho, it probably is already in the core

If this is the one I'm thinking of, then it was already merged.

JoWie wrote:
Better documentation on locking & threading in ASSS.

Documentation is the bane of every developer's existence. If someone volunteers to write this kind of thing, then I'll make sure that it gets put into the core's doc folder.

JoWie wrote:
points_goal: Setting to disable the soccer game. In other words, you score, you get points, nothing more, no game.

Powerball changes are out of the scope for the next release.

JoWie wrote:
Perhaps a Callback / Interface so that something like smong's fm_shiplimits doesnt have to replace the normal freq manager. http://www.toktok.sscentral.com/ss-asss.html

Already part of the new freqman rewrite.
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to reply to it all, I just wanted to throw that all out so that even if it's not added in the upcoming release(s), at least it's documented. I'm quite happy to see progress being made though.

I'll see if I can get more info on the scoring issue to narrow it down.
Quote:
points_goal: Setting to disable the soccer game. In other words, you score, you get points, nothing more, no game.

You can already do this using the [soccer] settings...
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
I don't care if you don't make it subgame-ish, but at least capitalize some of it all.
I'll go through the core and change everything I see. Let me know if there's anything I miss after 1.5.0 is released in a couple of weeks.
Would it be possible to create some sort of "Sentences" file? I wouldn't mind trying to rewrite/grammar-fix/clone Subgame's messages. I think if AS3 looked like Subgame but with more features, more flexibility, etc, that would be awesome, great, and a better newb-attractor for creation.

Would it also be possible to finish the Subgame/old-commands module so that AS3 would even behave like Subgame except with more features and flexibility?

What about releasing a simple stripped down version of AS3 that is as close to Subgame as possible to allow people to configure AS3, add maps, arenas, staff, arena settings, defualt level, lvz, anything else I can't think of that you can do with Subgame straight off, and perhaps some abilities like peering?

Donno, don't care. It'd make it easier for newbs like me to switch over to AS3 (the least thing is that we newbies would be using AS3 as a core over the outdated Subgame, right?).

I think there should be AS3 (the way it is now and the way you want it to be for developers; advanced/programmers/developers) and a simple/Subgame-clone version (beginners/newbies). Perhaps there could be a way where you could easily do this so you don't have to maintain two copies of the same AS3?

Congratulations by the way for taking development over AS3. biggrin.gif

EDIT :: By the way, awesome to see that you've/you're also implementing Snrrrub's AS3 fixes and stuff too. :]
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The default configuration of ASSS should be this simple subgame-like version... Having 2 different versions would be way too complicated.
But someone who grabs ASSS package should get some kind of default setup, with all the subgame-equivalent modules loaded, and a couple of simple useful modules, and some placeholders for things like staff, arenas and whatnot.
Some people seem to have in mind that ASSS is for advanced users and they just have to configure it themselves, but if we want ASSS to completely overtake subgame, it needs to come ready-to-use with at least the same features as subgame.
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
it be possible to create some sort of "Sentences" file? I wouldn't mind trying to rewrite/grammar-fix/clone Subgame's messages.

Although I don't see this happening anytime soon, this type of format could be very useful if ever the game became multilingual. Not only could you change the server's default language, but you could actually have players choose their language of preference when playing. It would be really nifty if the client supported unicode as well, and sent the player's language preference to the server. Unfortunately though, the only client that natively supports UTF-8 is Starlight, while Continuum supports a few additional characters in-game only, and Discretion is basically ascii. We've had and still have players from various corners of the Earth, even so much as had Japanese websites that were dedicated to SubSpace/Continuum, but the game is basically limited to those who understand English, meaning that there still remains an untapped market of potential players. (wishful thinking of course)

Without the language factor, there's not a huge need to place all the messages in a single file, it would just be a greater hassle than it's worth.
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Hakaku wrote:

It's more for safety than anything. I think mods typically use it to even teams, rather than to break team/ship limits.

Hakaku wrote:

Just because I'm not going to change the default behavior doesn't mean I can't add a global.conf option to -f by default. If you think it's useful to your zone, then I'll add it. I just won't change the default behavior for other zones. I can add a config option for bots too, if desired.

You could add a simple capability which gives you -f by default. This would seem the fastest implementation.

Quote:

JoWie wrote:
Last time I used ASSS the object module was buggy with a lot of objects (~800). Players entering would simply not get the updated position states (on/off states were fine if I recall correctly, which is a different packet)

The object module is a scary, confusing place. I don't know that I'm up to debugging it without further details, such as backtraces, or known problem conditions.

I have tried debugging it a year ago. But I couldn't figure it out and made workarounds by triggering an object move for the player everytime he entered.
It also happened very randomly. Sometimes it would run for days without any problem, other times it required a server restart every couple of hours.
More players made it occur more tho. Kind of like that "lag coma" bug ASSS had years ago.

Quote:

JoWie wrote:
Smongs objects module patch. I can't find a link but i have it laying around somewhere. This was from 2006 tho, it probably is already in the core

If this is the one I'm thinking of, then it was already merged.

It's the one where the unmodified module verifies changes by matching to the "default" instead of the "current"
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I personally think it is a bad idea to put unnecessary constraints on ASSS just because that is "how people are used to doing it". Yes there are some inconsistencies in the command formats but as a whole it is vastly superior to subgame. Development efforts would be better spent ensuring conformity throughout than making fabricating some extra layer so you can pretend the server is something it's not. All that is doing is delaying the inevitable though, because sooner or later you are going to have to learn how it works if you want to run your zone successfully. It is not as simple as Subgame by design, which is something you need to come to terms with.

Administration of ASSS is really not hard if you just read through the user guide. Also, if you have specific questions you can read through the source if you know how, or you can ask someone who does. Subgame does not offer that capability! Also the notion that you can have an ASSS zone without some kind of development support staff is dangerous at best. It's like having a race car with no mechanics, not a situation you really want to be in.

Bottom line, if you took the time to learn subgame, you can take the (less) time required to learn ASSS. You can even change it if you want! (additional assembly required)

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hakaku wrote:
[..] Unfortunately though, the only client that natively supports UTF-8 is Starlight,

STF also supports unicode, unfortunalty ASSS and subgame doesn't, if you tried to use the full range of unicode in either it would cause problems.
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Could you make more modules python compatible? (ex. clientset)
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i would rather have the python modules made into c modules, especially the core ones, like the flag game modules
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd like to suggest using the new bug tracker to keep track of these issues. Just file all the bugs and requests that you have, and then dr brain and others can mark them as targeted to 1.5.0 or later versions. Of course, if you're not really sure if the request makes sense, feel free to discuss it here first.

http://bitbucket.org/grelminar/asss/issues/

Also, if there are bugs on the old bug tracker that are still valid, feel free to copy them over to the new one. (I'm going to take down the old one eventually.)

Finally, if you're actively working on stuff, make an account on bitbucket and send a message to dr brain or me so we can add you to the project.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
i would rather have the python modules made into c modules, especially the core ones, like the flag game modules

I meant for non core modules. Or did you misinterpret my message?
What I mean is that you can't currently, but would like to do this in python:
Code: Show/Hide
clientset = get_interface(I_CLIENTSET)
Goldeye
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hakaku wrote:

This is already possible using cfghelp comments in your files. Check the core modules for examples. However, to include these new settings, you need to rebuild cfghelp.inc, which unfortunately does not rebuild automatically. To do so, you can just remove build/cfghelp.inc and then build again.

This isn't quite dynamic, but its far easier than adding to clientset.

Initrd.gz wrote:
Could you make more modules python compatible? (ex. clientset)

Sometimes this is as easy as adding pyint comments to the interface definition. At a glance at clientset, nothing there should cause any trouble; see other core headers for some examples (eg config) of how to do it.

Brain, if you keep a todo list online I'd be inclined to chip away at it now and then. Ballreset sounds like something I might be able to do sometime soon.
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Goldeye wrote:
Sometimes this is as easy as adding pyint comments to the interface definition.
Yes, but so is adding "#include <limits.h>" or whatever it is in that one module.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Any news/updates/status information about 1.5.0 Dr Brain? biggrin.gif I am eager for its release.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 657 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 1.362038 seconds : 50 queries executed (85.9%): GZIP compression disabled