Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
SSX actualy done for this time?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic  Whats next? Post :: Post Project: Enimanga [Halo]  View next topic  
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:04 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: SSX actualy done for this time? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can I get a honest FACTUAL account on WTF is going on here?

"I could run a ss server on my car stereo!" -Xalimar
"Liberta tuit ma ex infernis" -Event Horizon
"I know too much about nothing." - Mine GO BOOM
"Hmm anyway, back to my kingdom hearts." - Chambahs
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:41 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Only time I actualy have "important" news to report, and no more account on the main page.
Haha, irony.
Bigger irony, on its 10th year anniversary (well technicaly the project "sniper"/SS started at december 95, but meh) that the game (well, only its biggest host, other than priit's box SSCU, anyway) is getting shut down.

Well, big scoop.
I always said SS was illegal, guess I just didn't know how much.

For years I was under the imrpession, as such seemed to have been the 'common knowledge' that xalimar, under his position as system administrator at C&W (ex-exodus), was given the perk of using some of the company's bandwidth to his needs, so he would pay for the boxes but the bandwidth would be given for free.
As it turns out, this was not so.
A player, called 'prime' who seems had a feud with xalimar, reported the activity of SSX servers on their bandwidth to the C&W HQ.
De Facto, xalimar was filtering company bandwidth to run the servers, illegaly.
Since reported, the first box as said was shutdown on the spot, the other one is next.
Xalimar may lose his job over this as well.
All I can say, what an asshole...even in all my temper tantrums (and those who know me, knows) I would've never thought of killing all of SSX.
Maybe EG, maybe some select players, but not the entire host.

P.S.
Here's allegedly the information of "prime":
Ali, Riaz
80 Saint Patrick St
Toronto, ON M5T 2X6, (416) 596-0843 ?

Feel free to beat him up.

P.P.S
It is speculated that SSX bandwidth cost is around from $800 and maybe upto $2,000 if DDoS'd or so.
The pipeline requirement is at least 100mbit/month.

Good luck with that...
SubSpace> Ich Bin Screwed.

I never thought I'll live to see the day.
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:21 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wtf u talkin about?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:14 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You are completely out of the loop, huh?
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:19 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All I know is what I see, and I see you saying one of their servers is down, but then I see all the SSX zones up on my list...
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:10 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Do your homework boy.
I've done my research.
At the very least, run continuum again and then look at the playercount from ASWZ, Alpha, PB and WZ.
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:29 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Like I told passplay last night:
If all of sscx dies, it will most likely be the final blow to SVS subspace. Looks like I picked the right time to leave.
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:50 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSX can just find another place to run if they want to be up so bad. Besides nobody anymore even play SVS much today, it's a themed zones that are popular. Most of SVS zones on my list are just a waste of space. Well I hope you guys can have fun without them icon_biggrin.gif .
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:51 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SyrusMX if you had any hosting experience you should know getting a zone listed on the directory is outgoing traffic from the server and does not require any port fowarding. However player count ping and entering the zone are incoming to the server and in most cases require port forwarding.

Seeing as SSCX 216 is still listed on the directory I suspect they just removed the port forwarding. Otherwise the entries would have been removed by the directory software for being too old.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:19 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSCX has 2 machines. Chaos and EG are on the 2nd one. They haven't found it yet. icon_smile.gif
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:24 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

FYI: Everything SpecShip said is true, except that it's Savvis not C&W, and the bandwidth being used was at least silently accepted by xal's direct boss. It was simply against corporate policy. So when C&W took over, then subsequently Savvis, they just continued doing it. For a company like them, it was less than 0.000001% of their pipe.

I feel terrible for xal. He went beyond the call of duty for us to keep SSCX running, to provide extra machines for bots, etc. If he does get fired, then prime is on my eternal shitlist, which is a rare honor.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:37 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sabotaged by the it's own community, sad.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:10 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Reminds me of the typical college p2p network, only that always starts again at the beginning of each academic year.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:37 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sad times.
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:45 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, savvis, C&W/exodus, pccwbtn and who not...that company been bought out/renamed so many times I stopped keeping track.
If you ask me, Cisco probably owns all of them at some treepeak point.
Narf.
I hope xal makes it through okay.

Oh, and yeah, someone track down Prime and gut him, post the pix to 4chan.org with ample description.
TDot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wow, he lives about a 30 mins walk from me.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:49 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow. Thats Sad. We should all go and beat the shit out of him.

I dont see how it can pump out 100mbit's a second..It has a max of 300-400 players, which can be added up to about less then 10mbit..

If there was ever a need for SSCU to get its ass back up in shape and start taking back in those zones..it would be now.

We should all do what we can do to try and get a server. A 10mbit line with unlimited bandwidth can be about 130$ if you do it right.
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:55 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What sparked prime to do this?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Sketter
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:56 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

According to Google earth 3.4 km (3 min drive) away from my house.

I pass that street on Queen st. west when i go to the movies at paramount theaters.

Sketter
prime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:43 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is p r i m e.

I am posting this because the information being provided in this post and in other places are for the wrong person. The person living at 80 Saint Patrick St. is an innocent person who has nothing to do with this event. There is no point in harrassing him, you should stop calling him and don't be stupid enough to visit him.

I can tell you that I am completely safe and you will not find me. All information on the web (white pages, etc...) lead to people that are not who you are looking for.

You may waste your time by searching and harrassing whomever you like, you will not find me as all the available information is outdated, including phone numbers and addresses listed online or with people i've been in contact.

If you persist in harrassing those innocent people I will contact the police and discuss measures to be taken.
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:08 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

scared newbie?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:09 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A. You do realise we're not buying into your lies.
B. Even if it's not you, this person is obviously someone very close to you for you to know they're being harassed, meaning, you're in the vacinity.
C. Do you even realise that the SSC biller is full of your IPs? We can tell where you are.
D. I'm not even buying this is the prime in question, with all the retards in here, it's probably ghost ryda impersonating again.
E. Go ahead, call the police, we're shaking in our boots. -NOT-
F. Die newbie.
LearJett+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:20 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's just a game. Get the fuck over it.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, it's just a game. Except he basically just took down half the game.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:45 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It is suggested that you get a copy of your zone JUST INCASE you cant get one later. (SSCX zones)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 852 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.738707 seconds : 49 queries executed (78.1%): GZIP compression disabled