Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Ima makin another bot!

View previous topic  New Bot Post :: Post REREAD POSTS- Bot Connection Issue/Ser...  View next topic  
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Ima makin another bot! Reply to topic Reply with quote

I posted this over at SSForums a while back but this may be a more appropriate place for it. Attached is what I have dubbed ExplBot. There is no supporting website for it yet. This bot was written primarily for academic purposes and to understand the finer nuances of the protocol, but I'm a fan of open source projects, this way everyone else can learn something too. There are ample comments and I will probably write even more.

The hope is one day to make it work with plugins like MERV does, I've never done anything like that before, and I really don't know where to start. It will also be threaded eventually.

This is a unix environment bot. It was written on OSX 10.4.11 with Eclipse. It is in C++ with many C functions in kind of a gross hodgepodge. I may one day convert it to strict C. I may also stop and begin working on one in Ruby because I've never done Ruby socket work.

Fell free to run it and I welcome feedback. There are several known issues:
-The config loader sometimes chooses to simply not load sections. This is a mid-major issue, but dones't gum up everything. [logs] and [clocks] are such examples but [spawn0] is fine.
-The ctm protocol as ripped by snrrrub is in there, and in place, but at the moment, nothing uses it. It will.
-Upon termination, free() will print an error to the screen. It has to do with the chunk class, and a deallocation problem. It is not a stability issue. It needs to be fixed.
-LYNX has indicated that there are player id sync problems that I cannot reproduce. If anyone can diagnose that it is appreciated.
-Only Spawn0 works at the moment.
-Account creation is pretty minimal, do it on your own beforehand.
-Reliables are not handled reliably. It's all a masquerade on the part of the bot.
-There are depreciated headers. I am systematically removing them.

Please post your comments and feedback. Careful of pasting hex dumps because your password could be revealed if you don't double check that.

See here: http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showtopic=23696&st=25

Dr Brain> I hate clean air and clean water. I'm a member of Evil Conservitive Industries

source

explbot.zip - 45.88 KB
File downloaded or viewed 119 time(s)

Last edited by ExplodyThingy on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Back from the dead!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showtopic=23696&st=25
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ExplodyThingy wrote:
Too lazy to copy and paste, just click the link I already posted for updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 665 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.601370 seconds : 31 queries executed (78.4%): GZIP compression disabled