Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ASSS Dev Hosting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  SSI NoFear SSE Post :: Post SSI NoFear SSE  View next topic  
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: ASSS Dev Hosting Reply to topic Reply with quote

I made a post here a few months ago for hosting asss dev zones. This offer is still open.
Updated per mgb..

Host dc1.va.ohjeah.net

Hardware:
Fedora Core 3 HT(2.6.12-1.1381_FC3 smp)
Intel 3ghz
2gb Ram
2gb Swap
Raid 0+1

Other info:
GNU Make 3.80
gcc version 3.4.4 20050721 (Red Hat 3.4.4-2)
Python 2.3.4
PHP 4.3.11 (cgi) (built: Nov 8 2005 06:24:40)
Java can be installed if necessary.
Server uptime is currently 49 days.
Maintenance is performed bi-weekly on Monday between 2-4am along with reboots as necessary.

Notes:
As long as you are not hogging my bandwidth I do not have any limitations. This should not be difficult as this is for AS3 development purposes. If you need something installed/updated, I will as long as it won't impact any other system processes.

I run off the same network as priitk/TW. I do not run a billing server, and never plan on it.

Smong, you are welcomed to this box for anything you need.

Messenger: AIM djeone69, Yahoo sho_off_8
Email: jaredo@ameritech.net

P.S. - As it is really the only zone I play, I have added interest in those interested in developing a AS3 version of Premier/Chaos, primarily those interested in building modules to replace Bots/Subgame.

Last edited by phong on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 6 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd recommend either bumping the old topic and closing this topic, or including a bit more in your current post.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

May I ask why you re-offer your hosting? It's like you want to have people use your server which makes things suspicious imo. (No offence)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I last posted 9 months ago, I really dont think this is a re-offer. Not to mention I recently noticed a lack of asss powered zones.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

im sure there would be more if there was a decent guide to the asss commands. I tried to setup an asss zone but gave up as i couldnt even work out how to login as sysop and upload a level....something which is easily done in subgame2 and is well documented.....which is the main reason why i am running subgame2 zones on wine on a linux server and not using asss.....
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Since there are so many billing/auth configurations available in asss you have to first decide what you are going to use before you start looking at login rights. Id be more then happy to help you with geting the initial asss config up as would many others here doc icon_smile.gif
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also I believe Bak (I think) had made a module that mapped most of the subgame commands so you dont feel so out of place.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

funky:sgcampat comes with asss, I think grel made it.

Phong what kind of access do people get to your server? I mean can I log in via SSH to make any changes I need? What happens if the server goes down because of a faulty module (how can I recover)?
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Those I feel a bit more familiar in a linux environment (you/smong/i88), you would have a full shell. As for taking down the server I am available by email/im about 80% of the day for server reboots if necessary, however I have faith in my installs so that shouldn't be a problem. If you by chance crash the server (often enough even), I will have to ask you to be a bit more careful and/or remove you icon_sad.gif

You have the ability to start/stop your own processes, if you need to kill an asss process its all you. Message me if you have any questions.
Cyphen02

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, I would be up with hosting Turf Dev to asss, because I have been thinking of switching and wan't to try it out, but I wan't to know:: Will I be getting any access such as ftp/sftp or other things like that?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sweet. Pinned.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyphen, with ASSS you can pretty much upload files to anywhere within the server's directory structure, so unless your files are too large for you to want to upload through continuum, an FTP server isn't necessary.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Cyphen02

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ah, okay, so phong, pm or contact me in-game or I guess right here if you can set me up icon_smile.gif (Note I may not need it tho so don't be dissapointed if it is too late)
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You werent on so just aim/msg me whenever. Or msg f0ng in game.
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I put up a inital test zone.

209.160.72.158:8001
cReEmY
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What Is ASSS
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cReEmY wrote:
What Is ASSS

This is ASSS
(and this isn't sa_tongue.gif)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:
im sure there would be more if there was a decent guide to the asss commands. I tried to setup an asss zone but gave up as i couldnt even work out how to login as sysop and upload a level....something which is easily done in subgame2 and is well documented.....which is the main reason why i am running subgame2 zones on wine on a linux server and not using asss.....
I wrote NAAP to help people setup asss/convert from subgame. Have you tried it? (I only tested it on windows though, so once setup copy your configs/directories over).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i just wanted a guide like this:

http://www.shanky.com/server/commands.html

list of ingame commands and what they do.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So you wanted some sort of command reference?
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bak wrote:
So you wanted some sort of command reference?

Was going to say the same thing..
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so do u precede these commands with a * or ? and sysop login is still *login
right?
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can preceed commands with either * or ?. As for the staff thing: http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Server_Configuration_Faq#I.27ve_added_myself_to_the_.5B.28global.29.5D_section_of_staff.conf.2C_but_it_doesn.27t_set_me_as_staff.21
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

$20 says you didnt set a password for your username and thats why you couldn't get sysop permissions (?passwd).
Cyphen02

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

get on phong!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 1011 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.493992 seconds : 49 queries executed (83.0%): GZIP compression disabled