Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Private zone?

View previous topic  Question Post :: Post Reset pass?  View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Private zone? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Isn't there some way to make it so that only certain people can enter your zone? How is this possible?
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

In your server.ini, set PermissionMode to 1. Create a file in the same folder as subgame called permit.txt and throw in the usernames that you want allowed in. Or, give the VIP password from server.ini to those that you want in, and they can change to whatever name they want, as long as they tack on *<vip-password> to the end of their password.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ya know...we need like an automated bot..so when people post stuff like that, it will give them the answer. icon_smile.gif
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

it would suck when the biller went down tho.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Chambahs wrote:
it would suck when the biller went down tho.
Although since no one can get inside the zone when the biller is up, no one will know which names to impersonate in order to fool permit.txt. I suppose you can always use ?find or look for the owners name in the zone description.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

However, you can simply turn on Permit, put no one in the permit.txt, and for those that want access, let them put the moderator password in there name, and enable Mod check, thus limiting there powers.

To do this:
Enable Permit (PermissionMode=1)
Enable Mod check (CheckMod=1)
Give the person that you want in the mod password.
The Person that wants to get in should do the following:
Open there Profile Manager (Control+P), Scroll down to there username, insert * followed by the mod password. Example, my password is chocolate, and the mod password is Upload, I put chocolate*upload in the Password section of the profile account.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Confess wrote:
However, you can simply turn on Permit, put no one in the permit.txt, and for those that want access, let them put the moderator password in there name, and enable Mod check, thus limiting there powers.

You know, VIP is there for a reason.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Even having them on the VIP.txt would make simply putting them on permit.txt pointless. When I tried just giving them the VIP password, it did not work.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Or you could turn to asss and everything will be solved. icon_razz.gif
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd turn to AS3 if I could get some good help, however, there are few programmers that are available. If I could get some good programmers and help, i'd consider it icon_smile.gif
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Learn python, if i can learn it, then it should be ez pz.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Where did you learn it from? Linkme.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I learned it from their Python for Programmers tutorial. A bunch more can be found here. Python is very simple to learn as long as you understand basic programming concepts already.
Arry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I modified the bouncerbot that comes with twcore to just kick anyone out of the zone (because it sits in the default public arena) who isn't on the invite list (or isn't a mod).

If you want it let me know, you gotta be running twcore though. (btw I don't have it saving the list to a file yet... maybe I'll get around to it someday sa_tongue.gif )

Anyhow, it's great for sitting in my dev zone and not having people come in buggin' me. new_let_it_all_out.gif And lets me send a command to invite my friends if I see it's them trying to log on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 622 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.638625 seconds : 38 queries executed (84.5%): GZIP compression disabled