Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Periodic messages in chunks

View previous topic  Esc+c Post :: Post secondary servers??  View next topic  
Agurus
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Periodic messages in chunks Reply to topic Reply with quote

Code: Show/Hide

PeriodicMessage0=10 Halo Dueling Tournament 2 regestration is now starting!PRiZE: Halo1/2 for Xbox,$100(CASH U.S);More info:http://ss-halo.net/forums/index.php?board=16.0

PeriodicMessage1=45 Join the Halo network chat. Stay connected to the Halo zone anywhere. [?chat=halo]

PeriodicMessage2=5 Halo's new website is finally up! Please visit http://www.ss-halo.net for gallaries, forums and more! <You can earn upto 3,000 creds! read news for more info!> 

PeriodicMessage3=

PeriodicMessage4=15CREDIT/CREDS REST SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY< MAY 20TH; Please read news.txt or forums for more information!

I set the timer to diffrent timings but still they ALWAYS display all at once, never in segments or at the given time period, any one know why?

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
xsp0rtsfanx
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i think you need a : or something. i havent worked with subgame. check the shanky site for help on it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
BlueGoku
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You need a second number as well. The first one is the time it repeats in, and the second is the delay after the arena spawns. Both are in minutes.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agurus
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SO like

PeriodicMessage0=15 10 Halo Dueling Tournament 2 regestration is now starting!PRiZE: Halo1/2 for Xbox,$100(CASH U.S);More info:http://ss-halo.net/forums/index.php?board=16.0
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yea, thats what I always did. But most of the time I never used periodic messages, I thought they were annoying, especially when you go afk and everyone is in spec.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the best way to be sure none of them will appear at the same time, use the same delay for all of them, but different initial delay values...
like if you have 4 messages...
20 1
20 6
20 11
20 16

first message will appear at the 1st minute, then at the 21st minute.. etc.
2nd will appear at 6, 26.. etc....
that one minute offset is to avoid the message appearing at the same time as the welcome message (or maybe that's useless since it counts from arena spawn, and not from entering arena)
anyways..you get the idea

I'm not sure about the order of the 2 numbers though, maybe the first one should be the initial delay... check template.sss to be sure about it.
Agurus
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think the in "20 1" the 1 is time it repeats and 20 is the other so should be like "1 20" can anyone confirm this?
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 474 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.635688 seconds : 32 queries executed (91.0%): GZIP compression disabled