Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
serevr ish

View previous topic  Radar edit Post :: Post Brick setting issue  View next topic  
WILDRO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: serevr ish Reply to topic Reply with quote

i just downloaded continuum and installed it. and when i go to download my zones, it says "Unable to retrieve new zone listing. Make sure you are using one or more valid directory server addresses (example: sscentra.subspace.net). Also, make sure you are currently connected to the internet" and i AM connected to the net and i have the following directory server addressess:

sscentral.sscuservers.net
sscentral.subspacehq.com
sscentral.subspace.net

help, please =( thanks
Repositorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A. Which version of continuum are you using?
B. Do you run a firewall and if so is it set to allow the game client to communicate with the internet?

Try removing current dirserv entries and instead use the following:
sscentral.subspace.inet.fi
WILDRO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm using 0.38, that server link doesn't work either =( and there's NO firewall =\ the game worked on my computer a couple months ago till I uninstalled it and now I re-installed and it's not working =*( I've tried like twenty times, lol
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The only thing that you need to worry about firewalls for is when you host a zone. Other than that you don't need to worry about firewalls.

Uninstall Continuum and redownload it and install it. See if that helps.
Repositorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pending on the firewall's setting, it may block all transmission attempts.

WILDRO, please uninstall the continuum client and reinstall it from the download here, this contains the latest version.
Next, please provide us with a screenshot of your "add/update zones" screen.

In addition, try as so.
When the game client is closed, locate the file zone.dat, open it in notepad and replace its content with the following:
Code: Show/Hide
SSCE Hockey Zone,66.246.72.107,7501,,0
#Subspace Hockey Zone.  Home of the coolest game in Subspace.  (Center Ice)http://www.rshl.org (DNS)ss://zone.rshl.org
SSCX Alpha West SVS,216.34.65.183,8450,alpha.sscx.net,0
#SSC official Alpha Zone with SVS settings and the real Alpha Map. More information can be found at http://www.sscxalpha.com/  Beginners should start here! ss://alpha.sscx.net
SSCX Chaos/League Zone SVS,64.85.65.229,13500,,0
#Chaos is a Free-for-all zone based on Standard VIE Settings (SVS). Fly lone-wolf, in a swarm, or on a turret to compete in the bi-weekly Reset Winners Competition, the biannual Pilot/Squad Rankings, or just for the hell of it.. Now also the home of
SSCX Dueling Arizona SVS,64.85.65.229,21000,,0
#A player run zone for SVS (normal ships) combat.  Home of 2v2 League, 3v3 Gladiator League, and 4v4 Premier League. http://www.dzleagues.com  ss://dzserver.subspace.net
SSCX PowerBall,216.34.65.183,8500,server.sscx.net,0
#The ultimate outer-space sport: two teams clash in a fast-paced battle of skill and strategy. Maneuver your fighter past enemy defense to score a goal and secure team victory. (Main Site)http://www.powerballzone.com (DNS)ss://server.sscx.net
SSCX Warzone CTF,216.34.65.183,4900,server.sscx.net,0
#SSCX Warzone Capture the flag. (Main Site)http://www.wzctf.net. (DNS)ss://server.sscx.net

Save and close the file.
Now run the game client.
Do you receive ping and player amount readings from the various zones, or are all the zone names color-coded red and they appear dead?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ummm do ignore the 2nd half of repositorer's post. Manually editing zoned.dat is a really bad workaround to this problem.

Those directory servers that you listed look OK. Try again later, maybe they were having problems themselves.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Everyone in this topic except for Cyan~Fire has given the wrong advice.
Don't give advice if you don't even know what a firewall is.

(Yes Contempt+ you do need to worry about a firewall when playing games - it just depends what kind of firewall)

WILDRO, sscentral.sscuservers.net is the only address to the only working directory server of continuum.
Try a few times downloading the zone list from it. If somehow it still doesn't work, try adding a custom zone (which is probably no solution to your problem at all) by entering the name, IP and port from this site.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
aussie243
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

can you add custom zones if so i think people will give you the ip and port's for some zones for you:)
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Murphy, please make Mavrick leave us alone in peace already, just as he has repeatedly kept promising to time and time, again and again.

"I could run a ss server on my car stereo!" -Xalimar
"Liberta tuit ma ex infernis" -Event Horizon
"I know too much about nothing." - Mine GO BOOM
"Hmm anyway, back to my kingdom hearts." - Chambahs
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Settle down, you have no right to complain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 800 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.605669 seconds : 34 queries executed (95.5%): GZIP compression disabled