Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Need help developing my zone. (Star Trek: Chaos Alliance)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  Internet Explorer vs FireFox Post :: Post SSCU 17th Parallel Complex Week  View next topic  
cypherus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:47 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Need help developing my zone. (Star Trek: Chaos Alliance) Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am working on a Star Trek zone and for the most part, i've already got a lot of things done. However, I am not good at all with bots or maps. Help with settings would also be nice, although I could do most of it.

What i've got done so far:

-News.
-Shipset.
-At least 70% graphics.
-At least 70% Sounds.
-About 10% Core Settings.

What needs to be done:
-Custom Map and Tileset.
-F1 Menu.
-About 90% Core Settings.
-Customized bot with Custom made plugins.
-Subarenas.
-Lvz Banner .
-File Size Optimization.
-Bugfixing.

Making a zone all by yourself is extremley time consuming. And I really need some help here. It would eb greatly appreciated. I'll list the positions below for certain jobs.

Map and Tileset: Head Sysop
Bot and Plugs: Sysop
Core Settings: Sysop
F1 Menu: Head Smod
Lvz Banner: Smod
Subarenas: Smod
Bugfixing/Filesize optimization: Mod

With the help fo this community, hopefully we can work together to make this zone a sucess. Let me know what ya think here. And thanks in advance for you're time.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:34 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm interesting, have you think about that icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:06 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

But it's Star Trek. It's been done like a zillion times already in Subspace.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
cypherus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:36 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And each time it has failed, or the developers gave up. I don't plan on working my butt off, only to give up 2 weeks later. This is for real people. If I have to I will run it off my computer for years. Liek I said before, if you are interested let me know.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:46 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cypherus wrote:
And each time it has failed, or the developers gave up. I don't plan on working my butt off, only to give up 2 weeks later. This is for real people. If I have to I will run it off my computer for years. Liek I said before, if you are interested let me know.

I am interested icon_smile.gif
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:00 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Spyed wrote:
But it's Star Trek. It's been done like a zillion times already in Subspace.

Why are you back? And stop reffering CONTINUUM to subspace. Subspace was entirely different client.

Why do people still do that?
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i like sysop! LET ME HAVE A SPOT!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:16 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A word of advice:
Do not emply anyone with these aliases:
Quan Chi2
Sai Saici
Sai+
Glazed Donut

For the following reasons:

1) Cannot make a decent map for shit, and will whine if you do not like the map he made for you.
    2) Will act immaturely and put you on his list of revenge
    3) Will bother you in many different ways, including trying to hack your zone, and try and make a crappy Mervbot plugin (for apperently, revenge).
    4) Cannot make plugins, and does not understand code. Do not hire.
    5) Will completely ruin your zone, and claim that he didn't do anything wrong.

Of course, as always, there are many other reasons, but never make that mistake to hire this guy (Quan Chi2) as a moderator, or whatever. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
cypherus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:58 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

@Default, I'll PM you my IM details.
@Newb, nice to see you aren't a Star Trek hater. And thanks for the advice. XD
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:05 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Newb: the game is still Subspace. Continuum is just the client.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't think Sai+ is Quan.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:10 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cypherus wrote:
@Default, I'll PM you my IM details.
@Newb, nice to see you aren't a Star Trek hater. And thanks for the advice. XD

Ok, I´ll be waiting.
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:19 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Purge+ wrote:
I don't think Sai+ is Quan.

He is actually. Been aliased in DBZ before.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
cypherus
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:31 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok so, Defualt is going to pretty much help out with everything, I guess i'm making her Sysop for Dev. Although im not sure what to list her under yet, he will be credited for all his work and given a perm Sysop position on the staff Roster mabye Head Sysop.

Alright! This is a great start. So assuming he's head sysop, we have 6 spots left on the roster. Anyone who want's to help, please don't hesitate. icon_smile.gif

Last edited by cypherus on Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:52 am, edited 3 times in total
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You mean she icon_smile.gif
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:05 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Another Trekky?! Jesus!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:39 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

At least it's not another Star Wars. sa_tongue.gif
cypherus
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:53 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

@Default+ Yeah sorry default, edited. I didn't notice you're gender symbol at first. Also, you're text color on AIM gave a hint too. Lol.
@Purge+ Thanks for stopping by earlier, was lots of fun. icon_smile.gif
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:21 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

[quote]
[b]Do not emply anyone with these aliases:
Quan Chi2
Sai Saici
Sai+
Glazed Donut[/b]

For the following reasons:

[list]1) Cannot make a decent map for shit, and will whine if you do not like the map he made for you.
2) Will act immaturely and put you on his list of revenge
3) Will bother you in many different ways, including trying to hack your zone, and try and make a crappy Mervbot plugin (for apperently, revenge).
4) Cannot make plugins, and does not understand code. Do not hire.
5) Will completely ruin your zone, and claim that he didn't do anything wrong.
[/list]

Of course, as always, there are many other reasons, but never make that
mistake to hire this guy (Quan Chi2) as a moderator, or whatever.
[/quote]

I'd also like to add the alias: Elmo, Bigbird, daffy duck, cookie monster and Madagascar penguins. If you see anyone of those proceed with caution.
cypherus
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:38 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Please guys, lets try to keep this thread clean, I don't want it to end up deleted.icon_sad.gif And remember, if anyone is interested, there are 6 Dev. Slots open!
Kitsune (^)
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:36 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: I'll help! Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll help! I can do general stuff, like maps and some bots, <working on that> Ok? new_asthanos.gif
cypherus
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:04 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Errr... No offense, but from all of your posts i've read, and the fact that admins had to remove your sig, I think i'll be weary of you for now. Sorry. :S
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:44 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, keep it clean. Note my stickied topic.
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:18 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good luck with zone :)
cypherus
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:28 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

UPDATE: We really really need a mapmaker. The pos. is Sysop for it. We need 2 Main Flag bases, A Border, and if possible, A custom tileset.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 637 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.851299 seconds : 49 queries executed (78.8%): GZIP compression disabled