Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Program Protector

View previous topic  FireFox Post :: Post GG sony.  View next topic  
OPE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:24 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Program Protector Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi i was wondering if there is a free version like Program Protector 2.01 I can use and not a trial version? I want the same idea as Program Protector 2.01, where it adds a password protect to EXE files, does anyone know where i can retrieve a similar prog for free?
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:02 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Re: Program Protector Reply to topic Reply with quote

OPE wrote:
Hi i was wondering if there is a free version like Program Protector 2.01 I can use and not a trial version? I want the same idea as Program Protector 2.01, where it adds a password protect to EXE files, does anyone know where i can retrieve a similar prog for free?

Here http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:03 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very relevant, Default.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:59 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It does it both ways actually.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:10 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm sure there's a different way of doing what you're doing? What exactly are you trying to accomplish, OPE?
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
OPE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:50 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

well basicly I want a passowrd entered for laucnhing a EXE file, if not they cannot get in or use the prog, nothing too tip top or high security just a passwrod protect
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can set it on a per-user basis by going to the security tab of the properties window of a file. It doesn't password protect though tongue.gif

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
ope

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:05 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nah I want PW protect, so the exe file cannot be opened
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:39 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't think you quite get this, but was d1s said was what I was alluding to. Windows has its own security system based on usernames. If you want the exe to be opened only by you, make sure you have your own username on windows and then do what d1s said.
ope

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:37 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well there is only one user setup so we don't have multiple accounts...
Ori Klein
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:53 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Weak tool.
Obtain processguard full version.
OPE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:17 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Isn't there a nice free version everyone can use :/
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:09 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just make another account, it's not hard. I guess the hard part would be to convince your parents (I'm assuming they own the computer) that it's OK to have multiple accounts.
ope

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:57 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yeah but it splits the Harddrive room and mine isn't so big
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:03 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Adding a new user doesn't really take much harddrive space at all. My account uses 300MB, and that's including my email which is 276. So I think you could spare 30MB.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What do you keep in your e-mails? Dirty stuff? Jeez...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:20 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I plead the fifth.

No, it's actually a ton of attachments on messages I don't want to delete. Maybe some day I'll find an easy way of getting rid of the attachments without the messages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 670 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.737700 seconds : 42 queries executed (75.5%): GZIP compression disabled