Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Laptops and opening them
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  Nintendo Revolution? Post :: Post Level3 routing...  View next topic  
X-Storm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:19 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Laptops and opening them Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok I need someones word what is the best recommendation for opening a laptop? Either going to somewhere to have It opened and have some hardware installed OR doing it by hand.

Im just a little nervous as if i open it and springs fly everwhere and i can never get it back together
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:32 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What are you trying to do?

Have you done a similar sort of thing with a desktop?

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Since laptop parts are quite rare in comparison with deskop parts, I would recommend having it done somewhere instead of messing with your laptop yourself.
Most laptops are built well and quite obvious inside however you have to know what you are doing.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:39 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anyone know of a place to get a laptop for $50 or less? Doesnt have to be good...just work/not need work tongue.gif
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:00 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Confess wrote:
Anyone know of a place to get a laptop for $50 or less? Doesnt have to be good...just work/not need work tongue.gif

Goto the junkyard and find at least 5 labs and taking all the good and the best parts and combining the in the largest tower is what I do people will throw them out just because somthing like the USB dosn't work lol. Just make sure your BUS can handle your CPU or it'll do slower then you expect.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
wEaViL
Don't make me turn this forum around!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:46 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

or try ebay... should be able to find some cheap ones on there
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:31 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Re: Laptops and opening them Reply to topic Reply with quote

X-Storm wrote:
Im just a little nervous as if i open it and springs fly everwhere and i can never get it back together
I was messing with my laptop once and found out the RAM is spring loaded icon_confused.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:29 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ive got a laptop thats already in peices that Ill gladly send you if you just pay S&H. Itll work if you can get it back together, though the battery needs to be replaced.
X-Storm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:05 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok i found the problem my fan is not working and it is getting REALLY over heating. ( some of the casing is starting to darked. Now thats scary) Any help on seeing if you intiate the fan manually?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:34 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

X-Storm wrote:
Ok i found the problem my fan is not working and it is getting REALLY over heating. ( some of the casing is starting to darked. Now thats scary) Any help on seeing if you intiate the fan manually?

Just take compressed air in a can and spray it into the fan on the left side so all the just gets all the dust out and you can take it to a shop if you want to have them put a filter on it or even a thin sock will work. icon_smile.gif
Smong wrote:
[..]

I was messing with my laptop once and found out the RAM is spring loaded icon_confused.gif

Speaking of RAM my friend tried replacing his with a 2nd Hard Drive for his cach. Of course he never got it to work. icon_wink.gif
X-Storm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:21 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They were retarded when they designed it putting the intake on bottom so it will pick up everything on the desk.

Thanks guys! icon_biggrin.gif
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:05 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not only that, but how much airflow did they expect the fan to get with 1 to 2 mm of space between the desk/laptop? And god forbid you use a laptop in your lap...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:14 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cerium wrote:
And god forbid you use a laptop in your lap...

I always thought that you used a laptop ON top of your lap, hense the name.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:11 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You don't. Unless you don't mind not having children, that is.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:27 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I dont see the connection you two are making...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:23 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Using a laptop on your lap can cause sterility.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:53 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm assuming only for guys. icon_razz.gif
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:40 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
Using a laptop on your lap can cause sterility.

I was aware of that, but I was commenting on Cerium's error saying you place it IN your lap.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:18 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Donkano wrote:
Cerium's error saying you place it IN your lap.

Go sit in a chair. Works for me. Go sit in a stool. Crap, that doesn't sound right, but it is still correct.

You can use IN like that. It works fine, just in certain context, it seems awkward, but is still valid.

in - To put into or onto
Ori Klein
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:47 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IMHO:

American English, being as odd as it is, still does not settle with the such, I believe.

Whilest the stracture of a chair might permit the definition of "in", a stool would not.
A stool is being sat upon, emphesis = on, not in to.
It lacks a cage like or otherwise confining-esque stracture by which "in" may be enabled.

Similarly, sitting on a chair may also lack perceptional percision.
One may place flowers in a jar, not on a jar.
One may sit in a chair, but not on a chair, rather on a/the chair's base.

When the area in question is somewhat confined by a geometry as such that its stracture part where items are to be stored owns depth then "in" is enabled.
Whilst it lack a such, the term "on" should be made use of.
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:02 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The spelling and grammar officer returns.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:17 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

But sadly he fails at both.
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:48 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Who is this guy anyways, he makes talking sound boring?
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:51 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't know either :/ but i know someone who does!

Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:46 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ori? He's the broken husk of a man that used to be known as Gravitron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 768 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.890110 seconds : 51 queries executed (73.2%): GZIP compression disabled