Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Two qustions in one...

View previous topic  loading splash image sound Post :: Post ssbmp.zip very bad  View next topic  
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Two qustions in one... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok my first qustion is, can you make a sub arena so the person that ows the sub arena can be owner of it. Like if i let someone put thier own subarena up can they be owner in there and only there? Is there some kind of option to make this happen? Ok and my second qustion is noobish. I dont kno how to make it so you can put lvz in a certin spot. Like i want for example a lvz in 512, 512. But it spawns at 98, 85 How can i make it spawn in that certin area and explain it in a noobish way lol. Thanks.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Open clit, import you lvz, place your image at (512, 512)

OR

make sure you're doing it using coordinates, not tiles... so instead of 512,512 do 8200,8200. Also be sure this is going to be the upper left corner of the image... so you may need to subtract half the image width and image height if you want it to be centered at (512,512)
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lvz coordinates are by pixel, not tile

each tile is 16 pixels square, so to find the pixel coordinate for a tile coordinate, you multiply by 16 (eg 512*16=8192)

while 8192,8192 should probably be your starting point for centering lvz-included images for a map (by subtracting half the image's width and height from the corresponding x & y coordinates), please do not consider the tile coordinate 512,512 the center - it is not
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

it's as close the the center as you can get with tiles.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Assassin wrote:
Like if i let someone put thier own subarena up can they be owner in there and only there? Is there some kind of option to make this happen?

Just put their info in the [Owner] section for that arena.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bak wrote:
it's as close the the center as you can get with tiles.

if you just consider the four tiles 511,511 512,511 511,512 512,512 the center, you'll actually have a centered map
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks bak and cyan, i will use clit because i sounds easy to use. I could never place my lvz where i wanted them so now i can. Thanks for the help.
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok sorry for double posting but im havign a problem with downloading JRE. Each time i download it and it gets liek half way though the download a message pops up. It says: Error 1606.Could not access network location http://java.sun.com/webapps/download/getfile/1.5.0_01-b08/windows-i586/ja150000.cab.

I hope somone can help with this.
Blindmonkey21
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't think anyone here can help you unless they experienced this before you might want to look for some tech support on their website.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There might be a problem with their server. Try downloaded the 1.4.2 JRE instead of the 1.5 one: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html (there's a link near the middle).

If all else fails you can try to download the SDK's. They contain the JRE but also additional stuff which makes it a bigger download.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Unless you think you will be doing java dev in the future, don't get the SDK. It installs so much extra crap.

If you still have problems, PM me and I'll put a copy of the JRE up on my site for you temporarily.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ya i followed baks links and tryed both of them and the one sdk worked but i couldent find what i wanted with it but jre srill dident work.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

" i couldent find what i wanted with it"

what did you want with it?
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I dont kno I couldent figure out how to open clit or anythign liek that
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

after you install the JRE or SDK double click the .jar file
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

is the .jar in the clit file or is it in the jre/sdk?
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Probably in the clit...thing. icon_confused.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

w00t i finally got it. I kept downloading the online version of it and then i tryed the offline one and it worked! Thanks guys for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 253 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.628386 seconds : 42 queries executed (82.0%): GZIP compression disabled