Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
This is now the "trip down memory lane" forum

View previous topic  billions and billions of years ago Post :: Post Looking to hire a hacker off of the da...  View next topic  
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:03 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: This is now the "trip down memory lane" forum Reply to topic Reply with quote

Someone got me thinking about subspace tonight and I decided to check out this site to see if minegoboom still had it up and running after all these years. Looks like he does. My account is even still active! I'm surprised it didn't get hacked by bots or something like all the other forums out there.

It's been a super long time since I was involved with this game, its community, or ran a server in it. I started playing back when Infantry was still around in 99/2000. To be honest, it's amazing to me that even after all these years Subspace (or Continuum as it's now known) is still going - even if just barely.

I had some great times in this game, but there was also a lot of drama back in the day. Part of that was due to a lack of maturity on my end and just some stupid arguments and situations that shouldn't have occurred. When I was running my zone I was a teenager. By the time I started running SSI (later SSCI) I was in my late teens. I'm in my 30's now.

Man, time flies.

I know most of the vets I knew back then are gone now and these forums are mostly inactive, but while SS is fresh in my mind I wanted to drop by here and say hello.

Also, I found a piece of nostalgia that directly mentions me. It's an interesting conversation, especially since it references my dramatic departure from the game. https://subspaceblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/

Fly safe, folks.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:31 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Re: This is now the "trip down memory lane" forum Reply to topic Reply with quote

1stStrike wrote:
Someone got me thinking about subspace tonight and I decided to check out this site to see if minegoboom still had it up and running after all these years. Looks like he does. My account is even still active! I'm surprised it didn't get hacked by bots or something like all the other forums out there.

While the time I put into this server is small, I do my best to ensure it is up and running, and not overran with bots.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:47 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey 1stStrike! Nice seeing you again.

The SS community is still quite active in Discord and in the TW/EG/Devastation zones.

If anyone is interested, I'll drop the links here:
Main Continuum Discord (not quite active): https://discord.gg/3W6Cggp
Devastation Discord (very active): https://discord.gg/6x4fUX9

The Devastation Discord has a bot integrated with Continuum that allows for account linking and other nifty features like cross-zone chat within Discord.

Last edited by Purge on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total
Death+

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:07 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: x0x0x0x0 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Welcome back 1stStrike biggrin.gif

https://discord.gg/fUstwj (the other main SS discord)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/subspace.continuum/
http://subspace.co/register/
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:01 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Re: This is now the "trip down memory lane" forum Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
[..]

While the time I put into this server is small, I do my best to ensure it is up and running, and not overran with bots.

and we are glad you do

if anything happens to this place, people trying to make new clients/etc are fucked
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:56 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yeah...

now that I run community support for a major scientific software ... the idea of this site finally makes sense! icon_surprised.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:30 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, look at the oldest posts and you can see that having a community be able to help respond to questions is great. Server Help used to run where people would email me directly their questions, and that became overwhelming pretty quickly.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Agurus
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:17 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How time flies icon_smile.gif

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
TUKE 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Wow time does fly Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow going through the forum has been a trip seeing names I haven't seen in forever. It's sad that halo did not make it much longer then when I left. I enjoyed making maps and events in the halo zone.

Hope all is well with everyone out there that may remember,

TUKE 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 756 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.642473 seconds : 34 queries executed (82.8%): GZIP compression disabled