Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Bjorn's AI Bot "Rereleased"

View previous topic  Old MervBot Source Post ::     
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Bjorn's AI Bot "Rereleased" Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bjorn's documentation over his AI bot was really confusing, so I took the time to redo all that and make everything as consistent as possible. All credits still go to him though. icon_smile.gif

Download for v1.02: http://www.hlrse.net/subspace/Bjorn_AIMervbot_v102.zip
Download for v1.01: http://www.hlrse.net/subspace/Bjorn_AIMervbot_v101.zip

I also made two unfinished webpages for the bot too (they're also included in the ZIP archives). I would greatly appreciate it if someone could finish the JavaScript end of this. icon_smile.gif

Currently Unfunctional ai.ini Generator: http://www.hlrse.net/subspace/bjorn_ai.html
Currently Unfunctional aispawn.ini Generator: http://www.hlrse.net/subspace/bjorn_aispawn.html

If someone is willing to help do the JavaScript for this, I might make another template file for generating a spawns.txt file (for the purpose of mass generation). For this matter, here's the program (that a buddy of mine made for me for an experiment related to MERVBot [http://www.rjscodingrealm.com]) I used to get 1024 bots into Subgame:

Download "Qwerty r dum lol": http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/Qwerty_r_dum_lol.exe

Last edited by L.C. on Sat May 28, 2016 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Underlord
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

release source?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Underlord wrote:
release source?
Tell that to Bjorn tongue.gif
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Would definitely be nice if he did release his bot as open source. O_o I'm sure someone else would love to toy around with his code and perhaps release a patch or two of improvements to his bot.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Underlord
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

we'd definitely use this in chaos zone and powerball if i had source to play around with it. ive coded part of an ai bot, it just takes so many hours and im not awesome fast at the trig involved. why wont bjork release source? can you ask him? it'd help us a lot.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have already sent Bjorn a private message and an e-mail just yesterday (or earlier today, can't remember now). I am hoping that he will respond. I tried this bot in BlueT Jackpot SVS both online (a few hardcore tough tanker bots) and through LAN with my brothers (18 to 36 bots, 9 spawns per core with each core being of different difficulty as far as health per spawn goes [healths 64 to 256 to make it easy on my 7/8 year old brother]) and was found fun.

Originally I wanted to launch a duplicate of Jackpot SVS where you had at least 128 AI bots evenly spread out across the map, either free for all, free for all with human teaming allowed, co-op (humans versus AI), or normal mixed 2-freq flagging deathmatch. The problem was though that the AI uses way too much RAM, so I hit my own 3.25GB limit before I even got to 70 some spawns.

What I did find though is that if you have ~64 AI bots (Bjorn's) in one arena with plenty of space, and they all use the same settings, you will not see very many kills (or any at all) because the offensive/aggressive and defensive settings cancel each other out. If I had a dedicated server with 8 GB of RAM, I could probably hit up to 128+ AI bots in one arena. sa_tongue.gif But I do not have those kinds of resources.

EDIT :: ASSS would be a perfect solution for clustered AI bot hosting. I just wish the programmers in this community would just understand what I say about it and make a dumbed down, accurate and precise Subgame clone with a few extra features (such as proper and decent support for Peering, being able to define multiple BotIP/ServerIP's in server.ini, extended capability/limits of zone description text, AS3 level objects, faster download/upload speeds, being able to recycle the zone/arena without booting everyone, getting rid of the non-SSC message/popping up registration form, and simply the fact that the server software is up-to-date, stable and fresh, and is both Win32 and Linux compatible). It would be just like or as if PriitK released a major update for Continuum with plenty of new features, as well as an update to Subgame2 to accommodate for those new features. It wouldn't be a lost cause or waste of time at all to make a version of AS3 like this; Subgame2 would no longer have to be used just like how Subspace v1.34 is no longer needed or used [because Continuum overtook the old client successfully, maturely, and professionally]. This must also happen with Subgame2 through AS3 if this community wants to get noticeably ahead.
Lynx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The way asss is currently laid out is best for what it provides. If you want simplicity, then subgame is great - but you'll lack functionality. I think instead of asking developers to change asss, you should try to document it more. The asss user guide isn't exactly great, and there's not much newb friendly information out there for people to use to understand asss.

Furthermore, try and get people out of the Wndows comfort zone, and into learning more Linux.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
EDIT :: ASSS would be a perfect solution for clustered AI bot hosting. I just wish the programmers in this community would just understand what I say about it and make a dumbed down, accurate and precise Subgame clone with a few extra features

The programmers in this community understand what you say, they just don't agree.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wasn't this also the bot that ignored special tiles? (like flying through the solid ones)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I talked to bjorn a while ago about giving me the src to this bot. He said the src/code/everything else hes got is in a computer in storage. He said once he got that computer he would hand it over.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome! biggrin.gif
Bjorn
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm not around much these days but seeing that theres still some interest in this old bot kinda put a smile on my face icon_smile.gif Guess I owe you guys the source. Even though its pretty rugged and amateurish im sure theres atleast a couple interesting things in it.

However like Chamb mentioned the comp is in storage and i dont really see me getting an opportunity to get it out anytime soon but when I do I'll hand it over.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Underlord
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

when you say not 'anytime soon' do you mean 2 months or 2 years? should we bother waiting?
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump, but I can't seem to use the Search feature here since everything returns 0 results. sa_tongue.gif

Bjorn's source hasn't been released yet, but here is Invader-Zim's source for his AI that was used in SSCI Battlefield years ago. It needs its own compile of MERVBot.exe (read the readme).

zimsai.tar.rar - 79.22 KB
File downloaded or viewed 494 time(s)
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bjorn still dead?

I'm kind of surprised no one made an ASSS drone yet... There's a module to track damage done to tiles, so weapons can be tracked, and there are modules for stationary turrets and such...

Is there any difficulty that I don't see in making a moving drone? My intuition tells me there would be much less problems making it on ASSS than with a merv plugin. The whole AI / navigation part is tricky, but that's something that could be taken from Bjorn's bot directly, if he releases (or hands it to some select people).

My projects/free time ratio is already too high, otherwise I'd jump in this tongue.gif Might be best if I finish some simple ASSS modules first though
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i have already written a turret module that currently takes damage both as a static turret, and as a follower ala mervbot style.

i plan to write AI into it as well, first wallhack ala twcore style, then paying attention to walls afterwards.

it is already currently the most powerful/versatile turret in subspace history.

im not sure if im going to release it open source or not, for the same reason smong didnt.

if you would like a demo, pm me ingame.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Gallitin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Searched, but still cannot find the solution. I have setup the bot, but it keeps showing ****GENERAL ERROR****** in the terminal. The bot is connecting, but not listening to any commands and just sits in spec.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gallitin wrote:
Searched, but still cannot find the solution. I have setup the bot, but it keeps showing ****GENERAL ERROR****** in the terminal. The bot is connecting, but not listening to any commands and just sits in spec.

There should be an aimervbot.dll and an aimervbot.exe. Try each combination until it works (and mark them down on a piece of paper so that you know which ones you have tried):

Case A
aimervbot.dll - v1.02
aimervbot.exe - v1.02

Case B
aimervbot.dll - v1.01
aimervbot.exe - v1.02

Case C
aimervbot.dll - v1.02
aimervbot.exe - v1.01

Case D
aimervbot.dll - v1.01
aimervbot.exe - v1.01

If I remember correctly, Case B is the one that should work. Then, so actually start the AI, the procedure goes like this:
1. Start aimervbot.exe
2. Go into your zone (where the bot is supposedly idling in spectator mode)
3. Private message the bot !start
4. Private message the bot *setship x (where x is the ship it is configured for)
5. Private message the bot *setfreq y (where y is the frequency it is configured to play on)
6. Private message the bot *warpto 511 511
7. Get in a ship and private message yourself *warpto 511 511
8. Kill the bot
Rolypoly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm getting this same General Error and the bot seems to ignore me. Anyone work that one out? Is this the bot used in Chaos? They seem pretty decent.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For any one else trying this. I found dll from 1.02 and exe from 1.01 fixed the GENERAL ERROR problem.
Bjorn
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry for all the pain I've caused, I'll see if I can find the source
Bjorn
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

.. this is old but the only one I could find. The TriangulateFireAngle function is a good reason why we should pay attention in school, still not sure I fully understand it

mervsourceAI.zip - 30638.47 KB
File downloaded or viewed 422 time(s)
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Purge wrote:
Sorry for the bump, but I can't seem to use the Search feature here since everything returns 0 results. sa_tongue.gif

Bjorn's source hasn't been released yet, but here is Invader-Zim's source for his AI that was used in SSCI Battlefield years ago. It needs its own compile of MERVBot.exe (read the readme).

http://www.hlrse.net/subspace/Invader-Zim_AISrc.tar.rar

Bjorn wrote:
.. this is old but the only one I could find. The TriangulateFireAngle function is a good reason why we should pay attention in school, still not sure I fully understand it

http://www.hlrse.net/subspace/Bjorn_mervsourceAI.zip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 490 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.567436 seconds : 50 queries executed (80.5%): GZIP compression disabled