Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
SSCentral / SSForum / SSDownloads

View previous topic  The "WoW Breaker"... Post :: Post Happy September 11th  View next topic  
Snrrrub
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:11 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: SSCentral / SSForum / SSDownloads Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm starting this topic because the announcement is locked and the topic on the sscouncil's forum says I should post here instead. sa_tongue.gif

If it's really just a DNS issue, can you post the IP address here so that others in the community can set up temporary aliases to access the sites? I'd be more than happy to make it available under subdir.org until you've got the DNS issue figured out. Thereafter, I can CNAME to ssforum.net or drop the records entirely.

BTW, are you changing the serial number when you update the DNS records? It's often forgotten and would prevent correct propogation. It's one of those things that's just so easy to overlook. The NS records look like:

ns2.liquidrain.com
ns.liquidrain.com

-Snrrrub
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
rootbear75
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:27 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HURRY UP AND GET IT BACK!

im having withdrawl symptoms already.... icon_exclaim.gif

icon_confused.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
PoLiX
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:39 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.ssforum.net/ - back online
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:57 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

did my email help polix?

www.intodns.com is a great site has helped me out of many a dns problem icon_smile.gif
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:32 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hmm looks like someone forgot to renew the domain.....
PoLiX
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:28 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Leave it to Swift...
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:11 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i thought it was tman...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Aceflyer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:22 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SyrusMX wrote:
i thought it was tman...

Actually, rumor has it that you were responsible, Syrus... icon_razz.gif
SSC Forum Operator
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:46 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hey. continuum is seroius business, lets not joke around ok?
Aceflyer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:30 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SyrusMX wrote:
hey. continuum is seroius business, lets not joke around ok?

Heh sure dude. sa_tongue.gif
Swift

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:30 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Blah Blah Blah... I renewed it today. We'll see when it is fully restored. Until then yeah, it's down and umm... yeah. Thats all.
Aceflyer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good to hear Swift. Thanks for letting us know. icon_smile.gif
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Someone didn't pay their bills. o_o
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PoLiX
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:32 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

happens every year, nothing new.
rootbear75
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:14 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what? no such thing as automatic payment?
Swift-GuestLogin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:37 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I pay it at least once a year... and I forget about it otherwise. It's not that kind of high on the list of PRIORITY normally until it goes POOF. Hehe, as it stands. After this is setup, I'll put in a few more years into the payment so I'll perma-forget.
PoLiX
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:48 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Or you could just hand the domain over to me... MMM...

Lol.

Hey whatcha doin tomorrow? Was thinkin of gettin off the peninsula and headin to Seattle. Maybe grab dinner in Puyallup or something.

Call me. Off today and tomorrow, though doing an odd job down in shelton today, so may not answer right away.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I... can't... liiiiiiiive like this anymore....... ARRRRRRRGH....

COME BACK TO ME SSFORUM!!!
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:31 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ha ha! I'll show them how to have downtime!
rootbear75
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

while the domain now works. when i go there, it comes up as a "Index of /" listing with <-| Parent Directory

Thats it.

wtf
PoLiX
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ignoring the stupid people who put ssforum.net in their hosts files and I warned them it was pointless as they'd never know when the domain was working again or if I moved the forums temp.

I moved the forums to http://forums.sscentral.com for the time being. Have yet to be able to get ahold of Joe (Swift), though he may say the same of me for the past few weeks. Seems either he paid for SSForum.net and they denied payment, didn't acknowledge it, or he never got a chance to do it after he said he would.

Once again making me debate moving everything to a central domain.
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:02 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

rootbear75 wrote:
while the domain now works. when i go there, it comes up as a "Index of /" listing with <-| Parent Directory

Thats it.

wtf

Quote:
ignoring the stupid people who put ssforum.net in their hosts files

Warned ya, root
rootbear75
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:34 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Samapico wrote:
[..]

Warned ya, root

but, i took it out before he even mentioned that,
so you can't say this is on me

[/img]

modifiedhosts.jpg - 34.52 KB
File downloaded or viewed 23 time(s)
Samapico

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:48 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I also told you to use forums.sscentral.com tongue.gif
rootbear75
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:18 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1) no you didnt.
2) now even forums.sscentral.com is redirecting to ssforum.net, which is STILL showing the damn parked page.

EDIT: WTF?!
5 minutes ago it showed the park page, now it works?!... gay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 763 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.712199 seconds : 52 queries executed (71.2%): GZIP compression disabled