Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Burning movies on CD-R

View previous topic  Goodbye Post :: Post .cab extractor  View next topic  
Agurus
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:10 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Burning movies on CD-R Reply to topic Reply with quote

For some reason I cannot get a movie to burn on my CD-R cd. The file is 700 MB, and I use Nero6 to burn. But when I go and play it on another computer, it only plays the SOUND file. Does anyone know a good movie burner prog that I can use?

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:17 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So the burning actually works. There's nothing wrong with Nero nor with the file on the CD-R, most likely.
Does the computer you used to burn the CD-R with play the movie without any problems?
If yes, you should check if you have the right codecs on the "other computer".
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:23 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Maybe it's because of the Media program you use to play it.
What is the extension of the movie file? On Windows Media Player, it refuses to play .avi here, and it can never successfully download the correct codec for me.
Try using RealPlayer or Quicktime to play it.
Agurus
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:52 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It is a .WMV format, and works fine on my computer but messes up on others.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:01 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Install the DivX codec on the other computers for codecs like on the computer you used to burn.

You don't need to get the DivX player, you could get the player's installer and just select to install the DivX codec without the DivX player and the other "great" crap they offer.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:59 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Solo Ace wrote:
Install the DivX codec on the other computers for codecs like on the computer you used to burn.

No. Bad. Don't ever. I can only recommend Defiler Pak and the quick/real alternative codec packs. If none of those three can play a movie, give VLC a try. If that doesn't work, the movie wasn't worth watching in the first place.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:57 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You really can tell you are a warez guy and that I'm not. sa_tongue.gif

It's what a friend of mine told me to do when I couldn't play some video files.
I use Media Player Classic as media player now though, I just doubt that included any codecs. icon_confused.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm, that media player classic looks pretty cool, but I seem to need real to record to my minidisc player. Anybody know of an alternative? Real sucks.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
Kameloh
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:53 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Uhh..

Get Cole2kMedia Advanced:

Quote:
http://www.cole2k.net/?display=CP-A

It's basically one huge codec pack..

You're gonna love it.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:08 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

"Huge" doesn't sound like an advantage to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:31 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is it exactly 700mb, or rougly? a 700mb file generally doesn't work because there's not enough space to put the header.
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:57 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bump?!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:07 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It does actually play the file, just not the movie.
The CD also does work on the computer it was burned on.
Thus, the CD burn was fine. The only thing missing was the right video codec.

MGB, I'm having issues with the codec pack you posted a link for. icon_sad.gif
Using video recording software (Camtasia) while trying to play a video makes the computer not respond to my mouse anymore for a few minutes. icon_sad.gif
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I tried defiler pack once before when mgb mentioned it, I don't think it installed properly or something and I haven't touched it since.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:21 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I never really worked with burners icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solid_Fire
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ever try burning it on a DVD-RW?

Last edited by Solid_Fire on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:34 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Which is...?

It's not about the CD/DVD burn or whatever, it's about the software used to play the video, obviously.

Do you ever read a thread before replying to it, Solid?
Solid_Fire
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:44 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Solo, it was a suggestion. Chill out.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why don't you just go shoot yourself, Sold_Fire?
Solid_Fire
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:45 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, so much flameing for making a suggestion?
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Solid, it was a suggestion. Chill out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 877 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.833810 seconds : 46 queries executed (68.6%): GZIP compression disabled