Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Nintendo Revolution?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  The balkanization of the Internet. Post :: Post Laptops and opening them  View next topic  
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:40 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Nintendo Revolution? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Personally, I think that the Nintendo Revolution will beat out all of the other new systems comming out when it comes to ratings.

Key points:
Graphics are almost the same.
Game library is full of different genres.
Uses laser technology(I suppose) to play the game.
Affordable.
Online Gameplay.
I heard that you can download old games to it..

Nintendo definetly redeemed themselves after the Gamecube console... I personally love the Gamecube. I don't know why man people trash it..

Thats all..
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The reason they trashed it was because it was a bit better then the nintendo 64. The ps3 and xbox 360 will blow it away just like they did last year. Also personaly I think the ps3 will beat the xbox 360.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:18 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Laser technology? You on something? I mean more than usual, of course.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cancer+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:03 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Re: Nintendo Revolution? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quan Chi2 wrote:

Key points:
Graphics are almost the same.
Game library is full of different genres.
Uses laser technology(I suppose) to play the game.
Affordable.
Online Gameplay.
I heard that you can download old games to it..

hell, for all of that, you can get a playstation 2. other than the special neet laser technology.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:28 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Problem with PS2 games is things like this:

http://www.vaihtopelit.net/catalog/images/PS2%20Final%20Fantasy%20x%202.jpg
Like is the person on the top left of that image a girl or a guy?

http://www.psxextreme.com/screenshots/ps2_wrc/ps2_wrc_00000014.jpg
You call that good graphics?

http://electro.cz/obrazky/psx/PSX_Jack-%26-daxter-PS2-copy.jpg
Isn't it strange that a lot of these guys are based on the same dress looks? They all look like a bunch of homos.

http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Reviews/Playstation2/kingdom-hearts/kingdom-hearts-5.jpg
Well.... I may as well dig up some older things when this bad fad came into play.

http://www.jucaushii.ro/wallpapers/files/F-J/FinalFantasy7_01.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/4/4c/N64_Banjo_Kazooie.jpg

Anyways, enough ranting. You guys get my point. Things should be kept the same style.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:28 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I dont get your point... Is it that youre blind? Or is it that you dont even know what youre ranting about?
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:17 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Holy shit Donkano: Do you need glasses or something?

By the way, the top picture was so clear to see.
When you take the piss out of the graphics PS2 has, and you say it's all crap, it's probably what you can only afford anyway.
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:20 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm going to wait until the systems come out before I buy. Only then will we get real and accurate information pertaining to each. That way you won't go blindly buy a system only to find out that you don't like it anyway.
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:32 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Typically you should wait anyway, so they can work out any kinks that they bypassed while rushing the release date.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Agurus
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:48 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bottom line is this:
The playstation systems have better games; shitty gfx compared to Xbox series
-This may not apply to the NextGen systems.

Nintendo is a world of its own who produce children games.

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:59 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nintendo is mainly based for the smaller children as you dont see many games wit ha teen/mature rating. The ps2 graphics are good for example grand theft auto:san andreas, the best game released in the year 2004. Them for xbox it was halo 2. Halo 2 mainly got it for its great graphics. Ps2 got it for its graphics but mainly the storyline/action/adventure. I say wait for the systems to come out, let them fix bugs and release more games. Then you can really decide what system you want.
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:17 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

all of you are nuts, have you not seen PS3 gfx? it goes down to the scratches on the guy's fingernails. (DMC4 screenshot) the only reason why XBox is alive in my opinion is because of halo, if halo didnt exsist then xbox would be lower ranked than it is now, playstation has always been the best system for its time:

PS > N64 and Dreamcast
PS2 > GC and Xbox
PS3 is already proven to have better hardware performance and all that other jazz

Conclusion: Playstation > Nintendo, Xbox, Sega, and any other crap that comes in its way
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

True, but the demos they showed for the PS3 could have been rendered graphics since no one has played any of the games yet (like KillZone).
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:21 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Purge+ wrote:
PS3 could have been rendered graphics

Also since the PS3 doesn't even have its official hardware set yet. Remember what they claimed with the PS2, what it would be able to render Toy Story like quality in real time? Sure, that happened.

Playstation has an insane amount of third party support, though most of those titles suck ass. XBox is Microsoft, so it has that for/against it. Nintendo doesn't even target adult gamers anymore. It is three different niches, leave it at that.

PS3 = Phantom hardware that if produced as they say, would cost $1000.
XBox 360 = More of a computer thrown into a system, this time without x86 and without being huge (though in my opinion, uglier).
Nintendo = Freaky controller that looks like it would be cool to play cool, weird, and yet uninvented games with, like a mouse did for games on a computer.
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:52 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Playstation 2 has better graphics than the Xbox? Bullshit.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:17 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Xbox is now the best console AND the xbox 360 will own any new consoles by Sony.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:42 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The nintendo revo controller looks like the ones you get in aircraft.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you turn the nintendo controller on its side, its nothing more than an elongated version of the original NES controller, perhaps with an extra button or two.

Personally, I think the whole console war comes down to what types of games you want to play. Microsoft has the FPS market pretty much dominated, as well as MMORPGs (to some extent) since it has the only established online system of the 3. Single player RPGs goes to Sony, while Nintendo has Metroid and ...thats about it.
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:02 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

and mario, but who cares about him tongue.gif
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:28 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dude whatever, Mario Kart rocks.
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think that Gamecube has the best multiplayer games, which is what I'm into. There are some pretty sweet single player titles too, but I don't play those as much.

XBox has Halo and the best graphics, PS2 has RPGs and GTA. Saying PS > N64 is bullshit and you know it. N64 is amazingly fun even now.

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:57 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No matter how ever much you guys argue over which system is better you will never know untill the system(s) come out.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:00 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I still enjoy my Dreamcast. It had good hardware, and a good chunk of the software was great. Sadly, no one cared, because PS2 said it was going to be the end-all of consoles, Nintendo said they'd give us more Final Fantasy/Mario ***, and the unknown from Microsoft was going to dominate the realm.

Atari -> NES -> Genesis -> Dreamcast.
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

TurboGFX -> NES -> SNES -> Genesis -> GameBoy -> SegaCD -> N64 -> PS -> DC -> PS2 -> GC -> PS2 -> Xbox -> PS2

that was my way of life, and here i stand, with my PS2 and Computer at the end of it all
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:57 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Going back to the N64 after the freedom of two joysticks on Xbox makes me cry about the old days being dead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 491 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 3.256265 seconds : 50 queries executed (88.6%): GZIP compression disabled