Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Another chatnet client
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  Just Another ChatNet Client (1.2 relea... Post :: Post Another cfg2conf convertor  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Another chatnet client Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have decided to release what I have so far as a Christmas present to you all. It requires JRE 1.4 from http://www.java.com/en/download (correct me if I'm wrong).

http://toktok.sscentral.com/files/chatnet.zip

Known bugs
  • Last line shifts 1 pixel up when a new line is printed
  • You can only send chat on channels up to 9
  • Connecting to a dud server will hang (use ctrl+c or killall -9 java)

Missing features
  • No profiles
  • No up/down arrow key repeater
  • Links are not clickable

Apart from that I think it has all the other stuff.

Message to the rookies:
It only works with Asss servers. You can run it using "java chatnet" (use a command prompt, batch file, make a shortcut, whatever).

Last edited by Smong on Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:45 am, edited 4 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
pixelsoft
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

looks nice, but ... what file do i have to open? i can't see any *.exe
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Another chatnet client Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
Message to the rookies:
It only works with Asss servers. You can run it using "java chatnet" (use a command prompt, batch file, make a shortcut, whatever).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
pixelsoft
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

that confuses me icon_eek.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you have make, you can also use "make run".

@pixelsoft
Make a shortcut to any of the files, then right click on the shortcut and edit the target to "java chatnet", then click on "apply", the target should then change to "C:\WINDOWS\java.exe chatnet" (without the quotes).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you have JRE installed (which you should), the java directory should be in your path.

Depending on your version of Windows (WinNT-based) the MS VM can be in \system32 also.

Btw, pixel, Java doesn't have .exe's, since it's made to be cross-platform (and other things). Therefore you have to run the .class file as an argument to the virtual machine (java.exe). Hopefully that wasn't too confusing icon_razz.gif
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: update Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've added a zone manager where you can ping zones (for player count), set your name, pass and auto commands. You can't add or edit a zone yet (you have to edit zone.dat by hand).

Last edited by Smong on Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total
myke
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

:~\ i can run java applets on sites but not on my comp :'( lol
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can run them on your comp. You could use microsoft's VM (\system32\java.exe) or use Sun's VM (which I recommend).

Once you get a VM, just type (in start -> run or a command prompt) java.exe [class name].
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
myke
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

::ahem:: as i said nope

seeee.PNG - 10.82 KB
File downloaded or viewed 122 time(s)
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You're not in the right directory apparently. You have to either go to the right dirctory (using 'cd') or type the full path after 'java'.
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You might want to consider packaging it as a jar file, which lets people run it with "java -jar file.jar" from any directory. Also, Sun's JRE (and probably others) sets up windows file associations so that double-clicking on a .jar file runs it, which makes it just as easy to run as an exe. You can put data files and all sorts of stuff in a .jar, although this application probably doesn't need anything beside the class files.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK, it's now in a .jar file. You still need chatnet.conf and zone.dat outside of the archive. Developers that don't know how to pry inside a .jar file are not yet ready to handle what's inside.

v024
* Added an option to ping all zones on start-up (023 pinged by default)
* Updated included zone.dat
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

WinRAR can extract .jar files just like a zip for the noobs.

(You should have it anyway for the RAR format.)
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So when they double click the .jar it doesn't execute, it opens?

(I find .zip is the most common format for compressed files on the internet, any .zip program can extract from .jar. Lets not turn this into a winzip vs winrar discussion.)

I found a bug in v024, it has been fixed in v025 (not yet uploaded). It only occurs when the biller sends a staff message (a case of the server stuffing the whole message into the name field instead of using the name and text field).
myke
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
You're not in the right directory apparently. You have to either go to the right dirctory (using 'cd') or type the full path after 'java'.

still get the same error...i was just showing what error i get
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what does "echo %classpath%" give?

That error was with a "cd" right?

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

v026
/priv now implemented
sheep bar fixed
?away with 1 character message fixed
some fixes to make it compatible with asss-1.1.7's billing.c quirks
added option to .conf to set console log level

Edit:
@Dr Brain that gives me 'Echo is on' or something similar.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice job, looks pretty professional!

One thing:
If you try running it without a chatnet.conf in your directory, you get all sorts of exceptions (can't quit or connect to any zones).
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

v027
Fixed errors when no chatnet.conf or zone.dat is present (but it's a good idea to have them).
Fixed all types of message being logged when log levels are set to blank (none).

Edit 24/01/04: A bug has been identified in v027. In the .conf don't put white space around the keys. Fx: section:key=value is OK, section : key = value probably won't work. A fix has not yet been uploaded.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

v029
.conf whitespace bug fixed
implemented :: repeater
text in the input area is coloured depending on message type
added ' as team chat
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

v032
fixed :: repeater taking '100% CPU' when no names in cache
added experimental disconnection detection (yay)
fixed 1 character ?chat messages throwing exceptions
added ?log [<file.ext>] command (liito request)

Edit: Bug fix only effecting people that have v032.
v033
fixed 'experimental disconnection detection'
liito-orava
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I love this chat client. Now it just appears that all the asss zone's are down. :/

(Still waiting for the day when wine runs Continuum). icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

not all... hyperspace is ASSS
liito-orava
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ahh, is it connected to SSC biller - if so, any possibility you could give its ip and port, since it seems to be difficult to find those. tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 650 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.469898 seconds : 52 queries executed (89.3%): GZIP compression disabled