Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ssbilling2 for linux (ported)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  Continuum Patching and Thoughts on a B... Post :: Post Fixed Subbill No more high CPU stress,...  View next topic  
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: ssbilling2 for linux (ported) Reply to topic Reply with quote

Linux port of "SubSpace Billing Server 2 Release 11j" by CatId

(still compiles in windows icon_surprised.gif using dev-c++)

Now you can run a udp biller on linux.

An entire ASSS + Biller setup without wine or windows - oh my!

Only tested on debian linux etch. (probably has a few bugs)

Known Issues:

Netban text can only be changed by editing the subbill.ini (in game doesnt work)

Difficult to compile. See the makefile i enclose. Because CatId used some horrible non-standard c++ which i only vaguly understand it chokes on it if you compile with gcc > 4. Therefore you must compile using gcc 3.4. Then link using your normal g++ lib otherwise pthreads won't work.

I've included the binary.

EDIT: PS don't even think about turning encryption on. 20+ lines of assembly is to try and port was much for me tongue.gif You're welcome to have a go though.

Please check further down the page for an updated version that works with gcc 4.3

source + bins!

ssbilling2-linux.zip - 159.32 KB
File downloaded or viewed 308 time(s)

Last edited by Doc Flabby on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

FreeBSD 6.1
Quote:
ELF binary type "0" not known.
-bash: ./ssbilling2-linux: cannot execute binary file

All files CHMODed with +x.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Runs fine on Ubuntu Linux. FreeBSD is different from Linux, so that's probably why. I bet you could tweak something to make it work. Try compiling it using FreeBSD.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Or you can use Linux Binary Compatibility on FreeBSD.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i suggest recompiling for your platform, i have included the makefiles..

It would simpley be a matter of typing

"make" in the source directory and seeing if it worked.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I could not recompile this (using GCC 3.4.4), thus could not launch it.

I tried compiling it with both the 'make' and 'gmake' commands.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm. Is there any output that you could copy and paste when you try to compile. When I type make -v I get:
GNU Make 3.81
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Code: Show/Hide

-(qwerty@shadow)-(08:22:48)-
-(~)- cd subspace
-(qwerty@shadow)-(08:22:52)-
-(~/subspace)- cd ssbilling2
-(qwerty@shadow)-(08:22:54)-
-(~/subspace/ssbilling2)- make -v
make: don't know how to make all-before. Stop
-(qwerty@shadow)-(08:22:57)-
-(~/subspace/ssbilling2)- make
make: don't know how to make all-before. Stop
-(qwerty@shadow)-(08:23:00)-
-(~/subspace/ssbilling2)- make --version
make: illegal option -- -
usage: make [-BPSXeiknqrstv] [-C directory] [-D variable]
        [-d flags] [-E variable] [-f makefile] [-I directory]
        [-j max_jobs] [-m directory] [-V variable]
        [variable=value] [target ...]
-(qwerty@shadow)-(08:23:05)-
-(~/subspace/ssbilling2)- gmake --version
GNU Make 3.81
Copyright (C) 2006  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-portbld-freebsd6.1
-(qwerty@shadow)-(08:23:17)-
-(~/subspace/ssbilling2)-
-(qwerty@shadow)-(08:23:27)-
-(~/subspace/ssbilling2)- gmake
gcc-3.4 -c main.cpp -o main.o   -D_REENTRANT
gmake: gcc-3.4: Command not found
gmake: *** [main.o] Error 127
-(qwerty@shadow)-(08:24:20)-
-(~/subspace/ssbilling2)-
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

gmake: gcc-3.4: Command not found

You need to install gcc-3.4 in order to compile it. As i meantion in my first post, i had to do some wierd things to get it to compile. (i don't know much c++/c so there may have been a better way of doing it, but that task is for someone else tongue.gif )
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All I had to do was type make. Look in your package manager (if there is one) and download it. I have it installed on my computer already.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gave up on FreeBSD. Works fine on Linux and is functional. Took me a while to figure out that when I closed my console it also ended the ssbilling2 process.

I don't think I'll be running a Public Biller again until a decent Linux-based biller that can handle this or cluster with SSC (or something) would be possible.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You need to run it as a background process to get it to stay open after you close the terminal. Use the &. Similarly with the directory server.

./ssbilling2-linux&

Glad its working for everyone icon_smile.gif
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bleh. I just opened a screen and ran it. I think I'm doing that for the ddirserv, but I noticed that the ddirserv will still continue running regardless of adding the & to it.

If you add & to the end of any binary when executing it, it makes that binary run as a background?
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The dirserver is coded alot nicer (based on mervbot) than the biller, which is probably why it works wthout the &

L.C. wrote:

If you add & to the end of any binary when executing it, it makes that binary run as a background?

yes
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I did notice one minor bug or inconsistency with the mirroring function though. Does it only check the first IP/address unless the first given one doesn't work?

[Core]
PacketSilenceLimit=2000
MaxReliableInTransit=3
ChunkSize=496
ClusterMode=0
MaxHosts=20

[CPU]
SlowIteration=300
IterationSleepTime=5

[Zone]
SweepTime=500
DropLimit=10
ReclaimDelay=24
InitialHighPing=300

[Directory]
IP=ssdir.playsubspace.com dir.cz.sshq.net sscentral.sscuservers.net
DownloadTime=5
StatsFile=stats.txt
StatsWriteMinutes=5

That's what I have.

EDIT :: Running ./ddirserv& didn't make it run in the background. It stopped as soon as I closed Putty. So I reconnected and started a screen to run it. Works fine for me if just use screen. sa_tongue.gif
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
I did notice one minor bug or inconsistency with the mirroring function though. Does it only check the first IP/address unless the first given one doesn't work?

No idea, might do that in the orginal version.
L.C. wrote:
EDIT :: Running ./ddirserv& didn't make it run in the background. It stopped as soon as I closed Putty. So I reconnected and started a screen to run it. Works fine for me if just use screen. sa_tongue.gif

You need to type "exit" first (logoff your session) then close putty.
Goldeye
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

./ssbilling2& will normally not run once you logout of the shell.
You need to make it a daemon to do that.
Google daemonize.c, someone put it together so you don't have to write it yourself.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't know about this app but even with my biller I have to do what doc said; type "exit" before you close putty.
SSLamby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have improved it a little bit to at least compile with gcc 4.3.1.

Basically what I did was to:
> #include <algorithm> // in linkedlist.h to solve the std::reverse error.
> lift out the CallRecvThread and CallResendThread from it's class, in order to make them accessible as pointers for pthread.
>Add a bunch of prototypes for the packet handler functions (HandleSpecial etc.) in both rpc.h and declares.h
>Fixing some warningns due to missing const keywords.

I hope this did not introduce or uncover any new bugs, it appears to work but I have no reference to compare with.

[edit, removed binaries from tarball]

MD5SUM aca2f697c072d4d7e3517c306aa7a285

ssbilling2-linux.tar.bz2 - 61.55 KB
File downloaded or viewed 251 time(s)
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for your contribution. Hopefully someone will find it useful!

The original windows (reference) source is here: http://www.mervbot.com/files/subbill.zip
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Obsolete now. :\ I realized that when I would launch a program like that, the visual appearance of the things in Putty wouldn't change, but I could freely go ahead and enter in a command and it would work just fine. I use ./program& and then usually do CTRL+A+D or some screen switch to detach from the screen.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I found out using the command "nohup cmd &" does wonders. See the man page for nohup.
fatrolls
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: problem with this biller Reply to topic Reply with quote

I tried running this on centos runs properly but when it's connecting to ASSS using ssc_billing i get the following errors..

Invalid login from..?

if I try to connect with just billing without ssc_billing that gives me connection refused error.

This is how the biller looks with ssc_billing enabled

What must i do.

fatrolls
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Fixed

in modules.conf pick

ssc_billing
and make
billing to
;billing

then in global.conf set
Under

[Billing]
ServerID=27015
GroupId=1
ScoreID=27015
SpaceHiker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For me, this compiles and executes without errors or warnings, creates the .dat files, allows zone servers to connect, and "L" shows the host list.

But, it does not allow users to log in (failed to connect to server).

Any ideas?

my gcc is 4.4.6 and my distro is amazon's CentOS variant (Amazon Linux AMI release 2013.03).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 678 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.513045 seconds : 53 queries executed (76.3%): GZIP compression disabled