Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
LVZ file location

View previous topic  Remove from LinkedList Post :: Post More Misc ASSS Questions  View next topic  
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: LVZ file location Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can LVZ files be located elsewhere than the 'arenas\arenaname' folder? If so, how do you specify the name in the general:levelfiles setting?
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

params.h contains this:

Code: Show/Hide
#define CFG_LVZ_SEARCH_PATH "arenas/%b/%m:maps/%m:%m:arenas/(default)/%m"

The name in general:levelfiles is just the name of the LVZ. It checks the folders in order searching for it.

You may be able to specify the full path like you can with .conf files. I haven't tried (or looked at the relevant code).

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Unless the server does something special before sending the settings to the client, putting a full path in there would confuse clients greatly... That was why I was worried about that.

What are the %b and %m 's in there? %b would be the arena name, while %m the lvz file name?

Anyway, thanks...
I'm asking cause I'm making a subgame->ASSS mass-converter. I guess I can dump all the lvz's in the maps folder, since subgame maps typically share the same lvz's...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

if i had to guess, id say %b was the base name of the arena and that %m is the filename, so youre probably right
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The server does quite a bit before sending LVZs to the client.

You'll have to check the source for details on the %'s, as I'm not very familiar with it. But I'd wager that your guess about them is correct.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldgosting

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

An LVZ is a file that can customize an arena beyond simply changing the map with a LVL. An LVZ can contain compressed files, map objects, screen objects, or a combination of the three. The server will send the LVZs to a Continuum client when it enters an arena for storage in the zone's directory (Continuum\Zones\[Zone Name]) along with the LVLs and news.txt for that zone.
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

is this a bot or someone in india getting $.05/hr?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Samapico

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Don't know, but either way it's pretty impressive... he/it managed to find the very definition of a lvz file.

And I just noticed you just spammed as much as this/these guys by replying to each of them tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

more exposure for the banhammer

L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

These paid spammers are getting smarter each time. Pretty soon they'll replace us with masterful knowledge about SubSpace and Continuum. MAYBE THEY WILL EVEN REGURGITATE THE SOURCE CODE
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 666 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.486645 seconds : 35 queries executed (93.1%): GZIP compression disabled