Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Merv on ASSS zones

View previous topic  Another Server.ini Q Post :: Post New and improved template.sss!  View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Merv on ASSS zones Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've been looking around, and everywhere it says "You can run Merv on ASSS"

Yeah, you can run a merv on ASSS, but why is it that not all the functions work properly...?

For instance, I am making a Turf zone, and Purge's Invasion plugin would work perfect for what I want... BUT

It sends all the proper arena messages, but when the end of the game comes, it does not award the winning team with the jackpot points, I actually don't even think it ends the game, because it just instantly restarts the 3 minute counter. Also, it doesn't reset the flags, but like I said, it just loops the 3 minute timer.

So, that plugin didn't work, so I tried the Basewars plugin.
This one, doesn't send the arena messages that it does on subgame, it does however prize everyone warp and reset the flags at the end of the game, but again, it doesn't reset the jackpot, or award the winners with the jackpot points. Infact, it says Team # wins 0 points, even when the jackpot has a value, also it doesn't send the periodic jackpot arena message it should.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to make all of the MervBot functions work on ASSS?

Running Mervcompat isn't an option, I'm on Linux, also mervcompat was never finished, and I think it has issues.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You need to activate the sgcompat (or something like that) module, so *commands work

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, I did that already...
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can try giving it the 'unlimitedchat' priviledge:

in groupdef.conf, create a 'bot' group:

[bot]
#include groupdef.dir/default.conf
#include groupdef.dir/mod.conf
#include groupdef.dir/smod.conf
#include groupdef.dir/sysop.conf
#include groupdef.dir/alias.conf
#include groupdef.dir/objects.conf

unlimitedchat

And, of course, add the bot as 'bot' in staff.conf.

I didn't really work with flags on ASSS, but the commands might be different... you might want to make sure you are able to manually reset the flag game with whatever command... if the command is different than subgame's, I think you can create some command aliases somewhere...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

?flagreset

Its the same command...

Also, my bot has unlimitedchat enabled.

Also, there really weird part about it is the fact that one plugin does the arena message, but doesn't reset the flags / jackpot and the other doesn't do the arena messages, but resets the flags, and still doesn't reset the jackpot.

*arena ?a and ?aa all work

And I am not sure about how the bot rewards jackpot points and resets its, all those commands are the same too, ?jackpot and *jackpot are both the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 678 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.534293 seconds : 30 queries executed (83.8%): GZIP compression disabled