Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Spawn Settings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic  Turf Settings Post :: Post Equivalent template.sss?  View next topic  
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what's wrong with using a spawn box and just using cb_ppk to track if they're in it? probably less bandwidth intensive.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

this might be what you're looking for. i have not tested it, but it's basically a good start at the least, it compiles.

requires ace to build to a .c file (or stick the ace folder in your src/ folder, then set up spawnbox in one of the library .mk files, rename the file to spawnbox.aces, make deps and make) </shamelessplug>

if you're on windows and can't compile your own binaries I wish you the best of luck because I cannot help you there.

spawnbox.txt - 2.65 KB
File downloaded or viewed 32 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Samapico wrote:
Soooo.... back to the solution of sending custom client settings to each player then?

by the way going to double^H^H^H^H^H^Htriple post because i thought about this when writing up the quick module. somehow i doubt that you could update the settings fast enough to make people spawn in the new location when they change freqs. you'd still have to do some sort of check for the situation when their settings change and they spawn at the old place before the packet arrives. you could prevent this by not letting continuum do its own shipchanging or freqchanging but that's still more work..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 687 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.498683 seconds : 30 queries executed (84.5%): GZIP compression disabled