Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Map Problem

View previous topic  Zone Help!! SERVER PROBLEM BUG Post :: Post Generic Router How To  View next topic  
Alexorion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Map Problem Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi,

I have made my zone but the maps which put on my server are .pak and not .lvl . What must i do ?

I hope you can answer to me icon_confused.gif
Thx
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

just to clarify, your zone is for continuum, right?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did you make the maps yourself? If so, they should be .lvl... Otherwise, where/how did you get these maps?

.pak sounds like some obscure zip format...
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I assume you're referring to Quake, in which case, the setup probably differs between versions (Quake 4 uses .pk4 files afaict). These pages might be of more help:

(Quake II) http://tldp.org/HOWTO/archived/Game-Server-HOWTO/quake2.html

(Quake III) http://planetquake.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=52&game=4

If you're referring to Continuum (what this forum is for), then .pak isn't a valid extension on either the Subgame or ASSS servers.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Alexorion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thx,

The game is LOTR: Conquest and i try to make a lan dedicated server and, except the maps, all is right. It's a Subspace/Continuum zone.
Samapico

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you trying to setup a LAN dedicated server for LOTR: Conquest, with a subgame server?

What the hell?
Alexorion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The online is off on this game and we are 100 players to play at this game. We found a hoster but now we must pay to continue to get servers with good connection and with unlimited option. If I can setup a subspace server, i will can make some events, war, ...
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Subspace servers only allow Subspace (or Continuum) players to connect. So you'll have to use Subspace (or Continuum) to play in your Subspace zone.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How someone could think server software for one particular game works for any game is beyond me...

By the way, google does wonders:
http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/03/04/download-the-lord-of-the-rings-conquest-dedicated-server-and-v/

How did you end up here looking for LOTR: Conquest stuff anyway? icon_surprised.gif
Alexorion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can connect me to subspace server, i just want to know how make a map.lvl with a map.pak
Samapico

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Rename it.
Alexorion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeh it works thx icon_wink.gif
But now the subsgame2 crash after 3 seconds icon_sad.gif Better than before but the problem isn't resolved xD
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's because you're not listening to what we are saying.

You are using a server for a game called SUBSPACE. Any other game client is not meant to communicate with that server.
I linked you to a server software that is meant for your game.

What you're trying to do is like... opening a text file in Paint, or plugging a cell phone in a phone jack on the wall and expect it to make calls, or playing basketball with a bowling ball, or playing basketball on a bowling alley, or ...

You get the point.

You say you "can connect" to the server. But I doubt it very much. You can probably "see" the server, but it could be a server of basically anything.
I'd like to see screenshots of your "connection"
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

In other words:

You cannot use maps from a game different from Subspace.

Someone write up a quick if-then checking statement and plug it into him. tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i think you all have already wasted far too many words
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 651 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.575257 seconds : 40 queries executed (93.8%): GZIP compression disabled