Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Scores are getting mangled

View previous topic  compiling Post :: Post Can someone complile this?  View next topic  
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Scores are getting mangled Reply to topic Reply with quote

So I've been having this problem in Devastation where players will go and play in a subarena for a while, and when they go back to the main pub, their scores are getting transferred into pub. I noticed this too, since I hadn't played in pub since the last scorereset, but after going into a subarena, my scores were crossed over into pub.

ie:
(pub) Hakaku : 0 kills
?go arena
(arena) Hakaku : 100 kills
?go pub
(pub) Hakaku : 100 kills

I honestly have no clue why this is happening, any ideas?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if there was anyone still around that understood asss scoring modules.

I've dreamt about ditching bdb for sqlite, and persist for anything else.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are these kills being tracked by scoring:stats, or by some other module? My first guess is that the ClearData function isn't doing what it's supposed to.

Also make sure you don't have General:ScoreGroup set in any of the arenas. And what are the exact names of the arenas you're trying?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Speaking of scoring modules... I had it track some custom stats for an event... how do you get it to end a 'scoring period' or whatever? I can only get all-time stats, not per-game
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Grelminar wrote:
Are these kills being tracked by scoring:stats, or by some other module? My first guess is that the ClearData function isn't doing what it's supposed to.

Yes. points_goal, points_flag, and points_kill are attached to the arena. (Edit: Well unless Snrrrub modified the files when building asss, in which case I wouldn't know)

Grelminar wrote:
Also make sure you don't have General:ScoreGroup set in any of the arenas. And what are the exact names of the arenas you're trying?

I wasn't even aware that this setting ever existed. It's <unset> in every arena though. The arenas in question are the main public arena and a subarena called 'baseduel', which you can check out in SSCA Devastation. They don't share anything other than common settings which are placed in a separate .conf file - but the problem doesn't seem to be affecting any other arenas so far.

Actually, when I typed "?stats game" these were the results:
baseduel
Code: Show/Hide
The server is keeping track of the following stats about you:
  kill points: 297039
  kills: 369
  deaths: 447
  team kills: 0
  team deaths: 0
  total time (this arena): 58011
  ball carries: 3
  ball time: 16
public
  kill points: 0
  kills: 0
  deaths: 0
  team kills: 0
  team deaths: 0
  total time (this arena): 70819
  ball carries: 0
  ball time: 0
But both arenas are displaying the scores of baseduel in the F2 menu.
Samapico wrote:
Speaking of scoring modules... I had it track some custom stats for an event... how do you get it to end a 'scoring period' or whatever? I can only get all-time stats, not per-game

Take a look at src/scoring/statcodes.h (at the bottom).
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hakaku wrote:

Take a look at src/scoring/statcodes.h (at the bottom).
I know there are intervals... But I what defines the 'per game' interval, for example? How can you tell it when it ends.............

Hmm,
Just found this in the 'persist' thing:
void (*EndInterval)(const char *arenagrp_or_arena_name, Arena *or_arena, int interval);

I guess this should be it...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, you use EndInterval to end "game". I thought there was some code to do it automatically for flag and ball games, but I'm not sure.

Hmm. If ?stats is displaying the correct data but the F2 board isn't, it must be that the data in the player entering packet is wrong. But it's updated just before sending the packet, so I don't see how that could be.

Do other people see the correct stats for you in their F2 views? And if your stats change in pub, does your F2 view get corrected eventually?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hm, nevermind. The stats are displaying incorrectly in ?stats as well, I just tried to use "?stats interval" and the results were the following:

public
  kill points: 323165
  flag points: 4259020
  kills: 398
  deaths: 482
  total time (this arena): 75745
  flag pickups: 0
  flag time: 271
  flag drops: 46
  neutral drops: 46
  flag kills: 23
  flag deaths: 23
  flag games won: 1
  ball carries: 0
  ball time: 0

baseduel
  kill points: 297039
  flag points: 0
  kills: 369
  deaths: 447
  total time (this arena): 58067
  flag pickups: 0
  flag time: 0
  flag drops: 0
  neutral drops: 0
  flag kills: 0
  flag deaths: 0
  flag games won: 0
  ball carries: 3
  ball time: 16

This was after I played in pub for a bit and ended up killing 29 times and dying 35 according to the jackpot. It looks as if the scores (mainly kills and deaths) from baseduel are getting added onto the scores of pub, but not the other way around. With the exception of the points column, which is showing up correctly.
Zomg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Could it be Snrrrub's billing patch on the persist module?

http://sharvil.nanavati.net/projects/subspace/
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, if you haven't been keeping up with repository revisions then I suggest you try updating first The symptoms sound similar to what HZ and HS were having, though I never look at ?stats so iunno.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm, I wasn't aware his modifications touched the stats, I'll have to ask him about it.
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's the same source data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 670 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.521112 seconds : 37 queries executed (92.3%): GZIP compression disabled