Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
If you could add something to SSC billing server (reopened)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  I am VERY new Post :: Post cfg files o.O O.o  View next topic  
Mine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:54 am    Post subject: If you could add something to SSC billing server (reopened) This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

If you could add something to SSC billing server...

... what would it be?

<center>Re-opened</center>
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:39 am    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: If you could add something to SSC billing
: server...
:
: ... what would it be?

My zone sa_tongue.gif,

but for a feature I would add chat ownership and chat passwording.

I'm not sure if it exists already, but it would also be nice to have a *scoreadd so you could add points to someones score with a bot (subtracting would be nice too).
Anborn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:11 am    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: My zone sa_tongue.gif,
:
: but for a feature I would add chat ownership
: and chat passwording.
:
: I'm not sure if it exists already, but it would
: also be nice to have a *scoreadd so you
: could add points to someones score with a
: bot (subtracting would be nice too).

OOOOoooo.... both of those sound like $$$ ideas. if only wishes came true :)

Anborn

anborn@carolina.rr.com
SOS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: OOOOoooo.... both of those sound like $$$
: ideas. if only wishes came true icon_smile.gif

Second one exists already

-- The Blankiest Blank --
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:20 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Second one exists already

thought it might...
4gotten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: thought it might...

if I may say, I like that chat idea thingy. Where you can have chat passwords and only allow certain ppl on such as a squad....other stuff im sure.

Savant_13@yahoo.com
Akai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: if I may say, I like that chat idea thingy.
: Where you can have chat passwords and only
: allow certain ppl on such as a
: squad....other stuff im sure.

Eh...that might be hard to do for SSC. Would have to have ops regulating it to keep it from getting out of control

akai@mail.nu
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Eh...that might be hard to do for SSC. Would
: have to have ops regulating it to keep it
: from getting out of control

no, if a chat has a pass, its private, no pass and its public (and acts like normal), and chat ownership so the chat owner can kick ppl, like a squad.
Akai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: no, if a chat has a pass, its private, no pass
: and its public (and acts like normal), and
: chat ownership so the chat owner can kick
: ppl, like a squad.

No, I mean there would need to be regulation when it comes to obtaining ownership. Concerns would be ownership of excessive amounts of chats and owning chats that a zone might want as an official chat etc etc. So an active role on behalf of some ops would be required, I think.

akai@mail.nu
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: No, I mean there would need to be regulation
: when it comes to obtaining ownership.
: Concerns would be ownership of excessive
: amounts of chats and owning chats that a
: zone might want as an official chat etc etc.
: So an active role on behalf of some ops
: would be required, I think.

yah, I guess...
Akai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 5:25 am    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: yah, I guess...

Like, it works alright for SSXH, and SSXH is doing quite well lately, but its total daily population is still lightyears behind SSC.

akai@mail.nu
Mine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: If you could add something to SSC billing
: server...
:
: ... what would it be?

So far, it has been only a chat channel password. Just a note: the way a chat channel password usually works (such as ?chat=zoneops:league) is that the billing server would treat it like a channel named zoneops_league, so a ?chat=zoneops would be public. This is the reason it hasn't been added before because to keep it from having to be regulated is so simple of an idea, that someone could have their channel named ?chat=zoneops8h3en8 and it would act as a password. The only advantage of the billing server treating it differently is for those of you that log your ?chat's and post them publicly.

Any other suggestions?

-Mine

mgb@minegoboom.com
Akai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Any other suggestions?
:
: -Mine

Could a ?seen command be built into the biller?

akai@mail.nu
Platinum-Halo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:35 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I was thinking more along the lines of a ?ghost command icon_wink.gif
-Plat

platinum-halo@ssforum.net
SvS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Now that would be very useful indeed Plat icon_wink.gif
-SvS (HellSpawn1440)

svs@sscentral.com
Nurples

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: RE: If you could add something to SSC billing server... This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I was thinking more along the lines of a ?ghost
: command icon_wink.gif
: -Plat

Only thinking I see worng with a ghost command is that someone could use it to be in your chat when you don't want them there. Then you would have no way to tell who it is. Even if the owner could see eveyone on chat and the persons using the ?ghost command had a * by their name (IE: *Nurples) It could still lead to problems if the owner is not around.

As for Passworded chats. Their would have to be a "law" laid down. People would go out and try to register every chat they could think of. There will have to be someone who could see a listing of the #'s of chats a person owned. OR set a limit of chat ownerships per person. IE 5 chats per person. But who is to say that a person will not just register 5 names to get 25 channels?

Nurples@nurples.com
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

?seen command, a la !seen bots?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

PriitK wrote:
>?seen (Show the last time a player was online. Syntax: "?seen <player name>")

This command has some privacy issues -- what if a player dont want other players to see when he was last online? This will create a lot more work for ops, as name whores will see when a name was last used and there will be a lot of requests like "l33t nick was used 5 months ago last time, gimme gimme gimme"
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

*bows to priitk*
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

You mean, as opposed to the situation which is currently now with every newbie asking for a vet's name that hasn't been in use for less than a month?
I wonder how many requests were made for peasent's paladin or weather helm for example.
FYI one of Juan's other aliases is ripe for the taking, if anyone don't care about ghostship taking it from them once they start using it (that is if he knows about it).

Besides, if priitk is so scared of people asking for aliases (as if they don't spam him already with requests), he can just divert them to flood one of the "hidden" billing ops, like mikethenose.

Back to the subject, the INF biller has some interesting functions...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

According to those just in Trench Wars, the name "god" has been unused every second, and it should have gone through around 200 owners.
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Gravitron wrote:
You mean, as opposed to the situation which is currently now with every newbie asking for a vet's name that hasn't been in use for less than a month?

Better just noobs than noobs as well as vet name ho's.
Gravitron also wrote:

I wonder how many requests were made for peasent's paladin or weather helm for example.
FYI one of Juan's other aliases is ripe for the taking, if anyone don't care about ghostship taking it from them once they start using it (that is if he knows about it).

Besides, if priitk is so scared of people asking for aliases (as if they don't spam him already with requests), he can just divert them to flood one of the "hidden" billing ops, like mikethenose.

Back to the subject, the INF biller has some interesting functions...

Just because there is already a problem doesn't mean we should make it worse by making the problem easier for people to add to. I agree that ?seen would be nice and intereting and all, but there are so many feature abusers in subspace that I have difficulty in not seeing this as a major problem (should it be implemented). Perhaps there could be some abiguity added, so that name stealers and whore will have about as hard a time as they do now. For instance, I think the reclaim-with-any-password time is 90 days; we could make ?seen for any person that hasn't been on for 10 days or two weeks show up as just that, not seen for two weeks. So whether they haven't logged in in a year, or two weeks, the message is the same. Only namers really care about people who were logged on a long time ago anyway. What do you think?
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

You are taking a rat, and growing it onto an elephant.
By the way, last I herd, god was stolen by gemini dream.

Anyway, how about we begin with ?viewsquad to see who else of your squad is online?
So we can all go back to the good old shift+3 instead of having to use stupid chats?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MnM{333}
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:47 am    Post subject: hmm This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I'd make a ?goat command ;)
hmmm yah that squad listing thing'd be great... and it'd show the online status only... so that way the squadleader still feels special with his list command...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Good job people. This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

PriitK wrote:
Good idea, but instead of adding new command, I've added that info to ?find output. I user is not online, ?find will reply:
Not online, last seen x days ago
or
Not online, last seen more than 10 days ago

Good job people, keep the suggestions coming. It isn't updated yet, but it will be done shortly, probably next billing recycle.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 773 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.460973 seconds : 50 queries executed (91.7%): GZIP compression disabled