Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
SSForum down?

View previous topic  My first mini rap! Post :: Post DSB to go offline  View next topic  
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:27 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: SSForum down? Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSForum is down for me.
Is it down for everyone else too?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:23 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's down for me too.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:38 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OpenDNS complains of failing nameservers.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boom

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:11 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

fixed... will explain more of what is going on later.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:34 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

boom wrote:
fixed... will explain more of what is going on later.

It shows the SSGN website on the SSForum.net domain now.
I'll be patient and wait for the explanation icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
boom

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:47 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Essentially what happened is a while back I decided to move SSCentral.com to a different account when I setup the directory server.

SSCentral.com was setup as an add-on domain to SubSpace Online so I could more easily manage files, etc. with it like a subdomain (as I still do with SSForum.net for file access purposes for SSO).

Well, when I deleted SSCentral.com as a addon, I also had subdomains setup on it, and for some reason (later finding) Cpanel has a bug where it will "remove" those subdomains. They still exist, but you can't remove them, re-assign them, etc. So I just had to keep their entries in the DNS and cross my fingers they work.

Yesterday during house cleaning/moving some stuff, I decided to try and fix them. Talked to a few server admin buddies of mine, and they told me it was a very common and very easy to fix bug. Well, some reason, it didn't go so easy and baffled even them. I now have SSCentral.com working again properly, but SSForum.net/SubSpaceOnline.com are still a bit odd. I'll work on fixing them this week, but will leave them be for now as I plan to move SSForum to Forums.SSGN.net when IPB 3.1 is released anyways, and so can screw with trying to fix the domain then.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:44 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It seems you've fixed it. Thanks icon_smile.gif
boom

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:13 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

and since he can still see these forums...

[May 31 02:02] rootbear75: HAHAHAHAHAH I CALLED IT... I KNEW SSF WAS GONNA DIE AFTER I LEFT HAHAHAHAHA SERVES YOU RIGHT!!! HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

the maturity sweats from his overworked little poors.
boom

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:58 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

pores*

Moved most the subdomains/sites over. Will work on SSF/SSO DNS issues tomorrow. What it'd seem from talking to Cpanel is that the version I did this in had a bug that caused this. Now other tell me it is still a bug even in their newer versions, but I assume the bug caused the rest of the issues when I tried fixing em the way they've told people to. But alas, a lesson learned. Cpanel isn't as flawless as one would like it to be. Granted my mistake for not deleting the subdomains 1st to re-set them up later.

Oh well.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lulz, DNS trubls, shesh.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:58 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

boom wrote:
and since he can still see these forums...

[May 31 02:02] rootbear75: HAHAHAHAHAH I CALLED IT... I KNEW SSF WAS GONNA DIE AFTER I LEFT HAHAHAHAHA SERVES YOU RIGHT!!! HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

the maturity sweats from his overworked little poors.
lol icon_rolleyes.gif

Does that mean he actually tried to go on ssf? If so... that would most likely mean that he tries to pretty often tongue.gif
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:41 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

its just more proof that removing that idiot was a good idea
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:23 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The new URL (forums.ssgn.net) isn't responding to pings for me now.

Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:36 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Odd, pinging works perfectly fine for me.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:10 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Didn't notice any downtime here
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 748 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.642219 seconds : 40 queries executed (71.0%): GZIP compression disabled