Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
More Misc ASSS Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  LVZ file location Post :: Post ASSS Wiki  View next topic  
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
why is this considered better than copying the .set file over from the module folder you just downloaded into your /set directory, then typing ?quickfix :S

Replacing an automatic system with a manual one is never a good idea. Period.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

but what are you going to do when they give you a closed source module? :\
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Have them give you a file with the cfghelps in it that can be parsed as part of the building process (or make one yourself). They already have to give you a list of the settings, after all.

Or, my personal favorite: don't worry about the help text at all. Maybe you don't realize it, but you can still set the config settings without the help text.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
but what are you going to do when they give you a closed source module? :\

Tell them that's unacceptable and to give over the source. If someone wanted their crap running on my machine, then I must have an absolute guarantee it does not have something I do not want, furthermore I must be able to modify it should they choose to abandon it. Not to mention that if I modify any interfaces at all I'll need to recompile the module against them. Not to mention if their module crashes I would like to know why specifically. It's a security issue and a common sense issue. If you disagree, maybe you'd be interested in some "closed source" modules of mine...if you plan to run any zones on SSC it practically should be mandatory to have full control of whatever you run on your server, far too easy to set up a module that records stuff (hint: passwords) and sends it back to the controller without any notice or bother...and that's just the tip of the iceberg

Hak: I don't believe you. If you find make, something that takes care of everything with 1-2 commands, inconvenient, I think I understand the disconnect here.

Code: Show/Hide

akd@decastar-2:~/code/zone-hzasss/src> rm ../build/cfghelp.* && make
python ../scripts/extract-cfg-docs.py -c ../build/cfghelp.inc */*.c */*.py core/clientset.def
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build  -Iakd -Ihockey -Ihz -Imisc -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/cfghelp.o core/cfghelp.c

If you're interested in not tying cfghelp to the asss binary itself (which is understandable, this gives you the power to hotswap it) take the cfghelp stuff out of core.mk and make a file as such for cfg.so/cfg.dll:
Code: Show/Hide

cfg_mods = cfghelp

$(call tobuild, cfghelp.inc): $(builddir) $(SCRIPTS)/extract-cfg-docs.py
        $(PYTHON) $(SCRIPTS)/extract-cfg-docs.py -c $@ */*.c */*.py core/clientset.def

$(eval $(call dl_template,cfg))

(some typos may apply but you get the idea..)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No need for the extract-cfg-docs.py part in that .mk. The one in core will take care of that.
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, that's one way, but when I said "take the cfghelp stuff out of core.mk) I meant that stuff too, just for completeness sake.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
[..]
Replacing an automatic system with a manual one is never a good idea. Period.

good thing we are replacing the current manual system with a better and easier manual system then, right?

because recompilation is hardly automatic, in fact its the worst kind of manual.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm sorry, the rest of us have to compile our modules as part of making them. I'm not sure how you're doing it, exactly.
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Probably one off modules in windows
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
I'm sorry, the rest of us have to compile our modules as part of making them. I'm not sure how you're doing it, exactly.

yes, but why also compile modules to USE them?
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

recently, i connected my zone to a biller.

this was more difficult than it should have been, because both billing:groupid and billing:scoreid are both 0 by default for some reason, which causes the 'invalid login attempt' in subbill.

now that everything is working, i have not yet figured out why my zone isnt sending commands to the biller...
is there something simple im overlooking? :S

PS:
i even tried the ?/hi and ?\hi stuff too

PPS:
?userid is coming back empty too :S
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Subbill is known not to work with billing_ssc. Get a better biller and try again.
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so being a non-linux user, i have to choose between a biller that eats 100% cpu and a biller which you say is unsupported?

what would you suggest i do?
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ASSS saves its own scores, and can authenticate just as well as subbill. Why use a biller at all?
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
this was more difficult than it should have been, because both billing:groupid and billing:scoreid are both 0 by default for some reason, which causes the 'invalid login attempt' in subbill.
That is because the main configuration file for ASSS is very much incomplete in that it totally leaves out basics (such as ScoreID, ServerID, NamePassword, etcetera), regardless of whether or not ASSS is running in standalone mode. It would be more acceptable if the idea of billers went extinct entirely.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

delete this post
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what are the key (next to portal) and missile (next to rocket) icons in the icon.bm2 file?
never seen them used, anyone know anything about them?
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The key was supposedly to be able to open doors, I think.
The rocket, well, is obviously a missile that goes in one direction (probably would have had homing capabilities to some extent).

VIE never finished it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i see a redirect.c in my source code directory, yet when i ?insmod redirect it fails.
where is it?

this one seems to be super-secret, because its not just unlisted, but also undocumented and not loaded or accessible in any fashion, and you have to use a different undocumented command to even activate it...
icon_eek.gif

also, there was some command that listed the basename of an arena, which was it?

and what is clientset.def for?
it looks like its supposed to be compiled with something else, what?
will changing it affect anything?

if i have
const struct section_help *sh=&cfghelp->sections[i];
const struct key_help *kh = &sh->keys[j];
where sh and kh is good
what would cause kh->name to be a null pointer, and what would cause sh->name to always be a pointer to the address 1337?

and cfghelp.c does #include "cfghelp.inc", where is it?
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why do you need two threads to post in?

cfghelp.inc is made in build. See the build script for answers to your other cfghelp questions.
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pretty sure redirect was added to core.mk a dozen revisions ago, get latest source. Just because it's in the src directory doesn't mean anything does anything with it. Redirect was broken when 1.4.4 was released so it was not compiled by default. Now it's fixed.
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what about on ASSS 1.5.0rc2 built on Nov 25 2009 15:25:36?

and im not seeing redirect in /core/core.mk
so probably not?
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you grab the latest trunk version from bitbucket it is there. Have fun compiling if you are still using asss on windows.
https://bitbucket.org/grelminar/asss/src/bbc0c08f56a9/src/core/core.mk
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jowie said what I already said just in more words.
But regardless...it's not hard to just add it to core.mk yourself.
Practically speaking, the only version of asss supported right now is the latest default branch revision.

P.S. https://bitbucket.org/grelminar/asss/changeset/94982d160ccc - done a year ago and merged into main branch almost a year ago. Has that Windows test version been out that long already? heh..
Cheese

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

something i would like more than anything is a win32 binary with full symbols

or at least just the functions

PS: i cant build anything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 646 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.552151 seconds : 50 queries executed (90.6%): GZIP compression disabled