Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
New chatnet features? Please.

View previous topic  Loading modules... I <cmod> load... Post :: Post Biller Protocol & Squad  View next topic  
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: New chatnet features? Please. Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was just wondering if there was anyway ASSS's chatnet protocol could support sound and the sendfile feature. There has to be a way to implement the sendfile. Just download the bytes and name it w/e the filename was that was sent. The sound would be easier. Just send the soundcode if one exists and have a folder with sound files in it. I think that would make chatnet a little cooler.

One thing I did notice is that in HyperSpace SEND:PUB and SEND:CMD can both be used to send commands. I noticed this because in my dev zone I had to add an if statement for input starting with "?" but I did not add an Else If for regular messages. In my zone, it only notices the SEND:CMD. In hyperspace it notices both. Not really a big deal.

Features that would be nice:
Sound
Sendfile
News downloading (usually contains rules)

Maybe make it, FILE:news.txt sent to server and server sends it back and creates a news.txt. Is that too much for a chat client? I just think it would be cool. I'll see what I can whip up, but I'm so used to Java so I may need help.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Chatnet to chatnet file transfers would be possible without any modification on the server, simply have chatnet clients agree upon a common protocol for the transfer. Something like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Client-to-Client. This is P2P so it would not cause any inconvenience to the server. However one side has to upon up a port.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
BD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was thinking maybe something like http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/blog/2004/november/15.html.

Just retrieve a file over a TCP connection. Looks easy enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 444 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.555075 seconds : 29 queries executed (84.6%): GZIP compression disabled