Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
chatnet bot only registers one command

View previous topic  Biller Protocol & Squad Post :: Post Gravity Mine  View next topic  
bdwinsalt mobile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: chatnet bot only registers one command Reply to topic Reply with quote

My internet is down so I have to use my phone, but on the lastest release of asss for linux x86, when i send two commands, it only does the first once. If i do a command or send a bunch of text, then do GO:arena, it works. I tried doing the one with multiple commands. dont have that symbol on phone, but its like, ?(bar)lock(bar)timer 3. it works when I do it on continuum, but the exact string fails on chatnet. is this a bug or was it done on purpose.[/code][/b]
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What exactly are you sending in the first place? There should be no reason why the multi character | isn't working, or that the behaviour between Continuum and a client using the ChatNet protocol is any different. Chances are that the origin of the bug is right at your client.

I can't really help you without seeing your code, since it all works perfectly fine for me. The best thing you can do is log everything that you're sending and receiving.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This was funny. I had tried recompiling, and restarting both my both and asss and it didn't work still. I restarted my computer, and it started working. I'm not exactly sure why this happened, but a good ole reboot worked. Now I need to figure out why I can't set Chat:FloodLimit. I see it in Core.c, but I can't change it in conf no matter what I try. The bot is sending a lot of public and private messages. I need to make the limit more or find a way to bypass it. I created a seperate file in groupdef.dir called HSFour.
Is there anything I can add to make it bypass the FloodLimit?

Code: Show/Hide

; conf/groups/hsfour

; what groups can this group control
higher_than_default

; prefix chars
prefix_+

; commands
cmd_lock
cmd_unlock
privcmd_setship
cmd_timer

The above commands are the only ones it uses (other than GO)

The only time the bot shut's up is during the stats being displayed.

Code: Show/Hide

votedthe1 has exhausted all his/her lives. R.I.P.
[PRIV TO VOTEDTHE1:?setship 9]

+------------------------------------------+
| Name               |  Kills  |   Deaths     
| BDwinsAlt         |    5     |      0         
| votedthe1         |    0     |      5         
---> Freq 1 Wins! <---

It gets to the votedthe1 line in that stats box and shuts up.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ASSS has a time delay between sending messages back to a ChatNet client, mainly for bandwidth purposes. The default setting for that is [Net] ChatMessageDelay=20. You also have to be careful about the FloodLimit, FloodShutup and CommandLimit settings in [Chat]. It seems pretty clear to me that your bot is getting auto silenced for flooding chat. Although you can bypass these three by adding the line "unlimitedchat" in your group command setting file.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hakaku wrote:
ASSS has a time delay between sending messages back to a ChatNet client, mainly for bandwidth purposes. The default setting for that is [Net] ChatMessageDelay=20. You also have to be careful about the FloodLimit, FloodShutup and CommandLimit settings in [Chat]. It seems pretty clear to me that your bot is getting auto silenced for flooding chat. Although you can bypass these three by adding the line "unlimitedchat" in your group command setting file.

Ok, this fixed my issue. Although for some reason those chat options cant be changed even if they are in the conf file. Thanks.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you putting them in Global.conf? They won't work if you put them in the arena file.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I did not try global.conf. I figured it could be change per arena. I think it should be that way anyway. I have a bot that only needs strict powers in one arena. I think the best way is to have the unlimitedchat, and have those commands in the groupdef. Then just restrict that bot to that group in that one arena. I've never tried, but is there a way to restrict someone to a group for one arena?

Example:
Name = Group(Arena)
UB-DuelBot = HSFour (#4v4)

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized you can add [Arena Name].
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 406 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.486937 seconds : 33 queries executed (92.7%): GZIP compression disabled