Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Flag issues, and more.

View previous topic  Billing & Directory Problems Post :: Post Connecting ASSS to Isometry  View next topic  
Scopene

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Flag issues, and more. Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi and apologies if this is somewhat a "newb" question, I've only just started using ASSS and it's taking quite some getting used to.

1) Flags do not show up, I've read some other topics about flags on these forums and tried the advice which was given but they still won't show up.

arena.conf:
Code: Show/Hide

; drop in all of svs settings here
#include conf/svs/svs.conf

; but override these particular ones
[Warbird]
XRadarStatus=0

[Javelin]
AntiWarpStatus=0

[Leviathan]
StealthStatus=0

[Bomb]
BombDamageLevel=7500

[ General ]
Map = fz3.lvl
; LevelFiles = b1.lvz, b2.lvz

[ Misc ]
SeeEnergy = $SEE_TEAM
SpecSeeEnergy = $SEE_ALL

[ Modules ]
; this key holds the names of the modules that will take effect in this
; arena. typical things to put here are modules for scoring, special
; game types, flag guards, etc.
AttachModules =
   fg_wz \
   fm_normal \
   points_kill \
   points_flag \
   points_goal \
   buy

; separate out settings for flags and balls into separate files
#include flags.conf

#include balls.conf

flags.conf:

[Flag]

; client-side stuff
FlaggerOnRadar=1
FlaggerKillMultiplier=2
FlaggerGunUpgrade=1
FlaggerBombUpgrade=1
FlaggerFireCostPercent=1000
FlaggerDamagePercent=1000
FlaggerBombFireDelay=0
FlaggerSpeedAdjustment=0
FlaggerThrustAdjustment=0
CarryFlags=1
FlagDropDelay=3000
FlagDropResetReward=0
EnterGameFlaggingDelay=100
FlagBlankDelay=200
NoDataFlagDropDelay=500

; new server settings

GameType = $FLAGGAME_BASIC
FlagCount = 20

FlagReward=15000
SplitPoints=0

ResetDelay=2000
FriendlyTransfer=1

SpawnX =
SpawnY =
SpawnRadius = 160

DropRadius = 1
NeutRadius = 2

DropOwned = 1
NeutOwned = 0

modules.conf:

; not on windows: unixsignal
deadlock

prng
logman
log_console
mainloop
config
log_file
playerdata
lagdata

bw_default
net
chatnet

arenaman
mapdata
capman
mapnewsdl
core
clientset
scoring:persist
idle

cmdman
; obscene
chat

scoring:stats
scoring:basicstats

log_sysop
log_staff

;; enable this for password security without a billing server:
auth_file

security:security
; directory
; billing
;; if you're using a billing server, you'll probably want to use this:
; billing_ssc

; funky:auth_prefix
;; enable this for ?kick:
auth_ban

banners
game_timer
flagcore
balls
bricks
koth
fm_normal
game

lagaction

cfghelp
filetrans
quickfix

; scoring:jackpot
; scoring:periodic
; scoring:points_kill
; scoring:points_flag
; scoring:points_goal

; turf:turf_reward
; turf:turf_stats
; turf:points_turf_reward

playercmd
admincmd
help
notify
sendfile

funky:autowarp
funky:brickwriter
buy

fake
funky:autoturret
funky:record
;; adds compatibility for a bunch of subgame commands:
; funky:sgcompat

;; uncomment this for multiple pub arena support:
; ap_multipub

;; important: enc_null cannot coexist with either of the other
;; encryption modules! comment it out to use them.
; enc_null
security:enc_cont
enc_vie

;; alias database stuff:
; database:mysql
; database:aliasdb

;; python modules:
;; pymod must be loaded before any "<py>" modules.
; pymod:pymod
; <py> fm_password
; <py> exec
; <py> fg_wz
; <py> fg_turf

2) Greeting message does not show up upon entering the arena.

3) You are not rewarded points upon scoring a goal.

balls.conf:

[Soccer]

; client settings
BallBounce=1
AllowBombs=1
AllowGuns=1
PassDelay=20
Mode=0
BallBlankDelay=200
UseFlagger=1
BallLocation=1

; server settings
BallCount=2
SendTime=500

; Reward=1000
; CapturePoints=0
; CatchMinimum=12
; CatchPoints=0
; WinBy=0

SpawnX =
SpawnY =
SpawnRadius = 160

Thank you.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1.) You've setup arena.conf to attach fg_wz, but you still need to load fg_wz in modules.conf. That means you'll have to add pymod, too, since fg_wz is a python module.

2.) The greet message depends on the module messages. Add it to modules.conf near the end. It probably should be included by default, but whatever.

3.) Similar problem to 1, in that you've got points_goal set to attach to the arena, but have it commented out in modules.conf. Uncomment all of the scoring:* modules, and you should be fine.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
1.) You've setup arena.conf to attach fg_wz, but you still need to load fg_wz in modules.conf. That means you'll have to add pymod, too, since fg_wz is a python module.

2.) The greet message depends on the module messages. Add it to modules.conf near the end. It probably should be included by default, but whatever.

3.) Similar problem to 1, in that you've got points_goal set to attach to the arena, but have it commented out in modules.conf. Uncomment all of the scoring:* modules, and you should be fine.

Out of curiosity, are python modules the only way to use flags? Python is nice and everything, but it always bothered me when python was the only way to do something critical like set up flag games.
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ani wrote:
Out of curiosity, are python modules the only way to use flags? Python is nice and everything, but it always bothered me when python was the only way to do something critical like set up flag games.

What's wrong if it's either Python or C that handle certain features? The only core modules in python that deal with flags are fg_wz (for warzone flagging), and fg_turf (turf flagging). On their own, they only provide the basic flagging type games found in Subgame.

If you want to write your own flagging module (whether complementary or a complete superset) in C or Python, then you're completely free to do that. You can check out the fg_wz.h and fg_turf.h header files, along with the flagcore.h file for full control over flags and events. You're in no one way forced to use one programming language over the other.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

because its a pain in the ass to get python running, and its good that asss runs as standalone, because if it didnt, i wouldnt be running it
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hakaku wrote:
[..]

What's wrong if it's either Python or C that handle certain features? The only core modules in python that deal with flags are fg_wz (for warzone flagging), and fg_turf (turf flagging). On their own, they only provide the basic flagging type games found in Subgame.

If you want to write your own flagging module (whether complementary or a complete superset) in C or Python, then you're completely free to do that. You can check out the fg_wz.h and fg_turf.h header files, along with the flagcore.h file for full control over flags and events. You're in no one way forced to use one programming language over the other.

Not everyone uses Python. Some people break their installs and can't repair them. The AS3 server compiles so that you don't have to install a C interpreter, but even though you can actually compile the Python modules I believe you still have the dependency on the Python interpreter. It's a difference in requiring a dependency... or not.
Since these modules are so closely tied to the core of subspace(though not the server itself) it only makes sense to keep the modules simple enough to run without any extra work. I'm not blaming anyone or calling anyone lazy, I was asking if there was a way to do the same thing with the core modules. There's no reason to go on the offensive.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
Not everyone uses Python. Some people break their installs and can't repair them. The AS3 server compiles so that you don't have to install a C interpreter, but even though you can actually compile the Python modules I believe you still have the dependency on the Python interpreter. It's a difference in requiring a dependency... or not.
Since these modules are so closely tied to the core of subspace(though not the server itself) it only makes sense to keep the modules simple enough to run without any extra work. I'm not blaming anyone or calling anyone lazy, I was asking if there was a way to do the same thing with the core modules. There's no reason to go on the offensive.

I'm not on the offensive, I just think it's a poor argument when Python for Windows simply requires you to click on an installer and go. If you want to compile or run ASSS without Python, there's absolutely nothing stopping you. It will however require you to rewrite the current warzone and turf flag modules. Just take a look at how the python module works, then translate everything into valid C syntax.

As much as you want to complain about Python, I'm pretty sure no one will want to rewrite the modules in C for you, simply because those who need and use it already have Python on their systems. And that's essentially my point.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
I'm not blaming anyone or calling anyone lazy, I was asking if there was a way to do the same thing with the core modules. There's no reason to go on the offensive.

You may not be blaming anyone or calling them lazy, but I *will* call you lazy for not taking the time to get python working. It'll take about 1/10th the time to get python working as it will to convert the python modules to C (and that won't take long).

I there is a movement toward having more written in python, and you'll save yourself time and effort if you get it working. Before too long, that optional dependency will become a required dependency.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1/10th the time to do the one-time conversion means that, after 10 people install asss, work-hours are being saved. unfortunately everyone runs a greedy algorithm and therefore we're stuck in this local minimum.</nerdy>
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i started the conversion, i almost finished one of them, then got sidetracked.
sorry.

all it takes is one person to rewrite it, and everyone wins...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All it takes is installing Python, and everyone wins.

I used to have a very strong dislike for Python, but the more I use it the more I see its value. Pymod is also a lot more powerful now than it was in years past. For a lot of tasks, it will cut down not only turnaround time but the learning curve as well.

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 656 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.445240 seconds : 36 queries executed (92.9%): GZIP compression disabled