Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ASSS 1.5.0rc1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic  ASSS Compile errors on Centos 6 Post :: Post [Soccer] Mode=0 returns Enemy Goal ins...  View next topic  
divine.216

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

"ASSS: Nothing is impossible."

"its hard to learn to write this stuff"

These are related . . .
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Samapico wrote:
How many seconds lasts a year?

See, seconds aren't always relevant tongue.gif

Lots of things are specified in minutes... Autosaves in programs, afk delay in Live Messenger, etc...

Also:
Okay -- I will give you that ... for Counter-Strike/Source ... HOWEVER I am pretty sure you can use decimals on that, whereas ASSS/Continuum will not allow that. icon_wink.gif Even by this CS/S is one step ahead.

Another thing to note about that is that that server interface was designed for newbies in mind (including the base units). Compare this to the more highend, more advanced, and more flexible software out there (DNS zones, Unix, etc). They all use seconds or some SI unit as a standard base unit, no? ASSS is supposed to be the "advanced" higher-upper for SS Serverware, no? Seconds are more flexible than minutes, yes, and I also agree that minutes are more appropriate -- but that means less flexibility.

Otherwise why don't we just go and find everything in the game to completely rewrite/convert to a different "more appropriate" unit? I am sure there are a bunch of stuff we can do. And while we are on this topic, why are messages like ?lag, ?ping (one of these two don't exist in ASSS I think), ?usage, etc not written with proper grammar or consistency to Subgame2/Subspace? And where is ?owner? And and ...

But still -- why don't DNS zone files use a different base unit than seconds? And the other questions I brought up. Hmm?

And yes, I suppose I am complaining too. Though I don't really care one way or another -- I am just arguing the "ethics" (if you please) and external characteristics of the situation/product. I am also aware that ASSS is fueled by hobby and self-interest motivation, and not necessarily to "make a product" that is marketable.

(FYI if you wanted to market ASSS, you have to realize that the chances of someone being able to do both sides of the spectrum as far as programming/engineering/mathematics/language logic/mindset around this area versus marketing/first-impression/outside looks/product appeal/etc are very rare. A marketer will not care how you do the insides of the product as long as the outside is marketable.) (This paragraph means nothing based on the paragraph previous to this.)

EDIT: I was thinking of erasing the last two, possibly four paragraphs, but I decided I might as well state my opinion. Please do not take this personally or offensively; ultimately I can't tell anyone what to do, but [based on the system imposed] do it myself.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

your thoughts are justified, therefore no apology is necessary or tolerable.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The main problem, as stated before, is the complete lost of backward compatibility. Though ASSS could probably understand fractions of minutes without loss of compatibility... But again, it's not a priority.

The syntax/capitalization thing in ?lag, ?usage and other such commands , were fixed I think. I honestly have no idea, but I think these were one the first things suggested when ASSS 1.5 was first discussed, so I assume they are fixed tongue.gif
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

LC, the SI unit of length is the meter, but I'm not about to go and change all the pixel based settings.

If someone wants to submit a patch, I'll take it. If you want this, program it or shut up.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I will totally submit a patch to convert inputs of yards and yards/second to pixels and px/10s.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
meaning i need to add an entry in staff.conf for EVERY SINGLE ARENA IN THE ZONE? D:
isnt there some way we can add a "-arena:group" to DISABLE perms?

Dr Brain wrote:
You need to give them one group zone wide, and a different group in that arena (e.g. default)

tried this, no luck

if Person is in GroupA in [(global)] and GroupB in [(default)] they are still in GroupA
However, if they are in [place] as GroupC, it will work.
--edit: it looks like capman doesnt even look at default arena

i have a staffer i need to limit, this is a pain in the butt.

also interestingly, me as a higher_than_sysop can not ?kick a mod?
'You don't have permission to use ?kick on that player.'
--edit: still not used to asss: higher_than_sysop is -NOT- higher_than_<group>
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
if Person is in GroupA in [(global)] and GroupB in [(default)] they are still in GroupA
However, if they are in [place] as GroupC, it will work.

You're doing it wrong.

[(global)]
Bob = mod

[myarena]
Bob = default

Quote:
also interestingly, me as a higher_than_sysop can not ?kick a mod?
'You don't have permission to use ?kick on that player.'

You need to add the attribute higher_than_groupnamehere to be able to kick someone of that group. By default, ASSS has it so that sysop>smod>mod>default; a mod can't kick another mod out, but they can kick a regular player out. You won't be able to kick a mod without the respective higher_than_mod attribute, which stems from the fact that you didn't #include its respective file in the groupdef.conf file, whereas the sysop group does.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thats another good paraphrasing
for some reason i was having trouble with higher_than_x, and it required both the kicker and the kickee to relog to fix for some reason.

also, in playercmd.c in the listmod command, the (%s) is not aligned properly, its only +1 space right.

and im noticing that with things like ?putmap that write to a file that they insert PHRASE\n\n instead of \n\nPHRASE, which results in

LASTPHRASE;PHRASE\n\n

instead of

LASTPHRASE;

PHRASE

if your file did not have extra unnecessary linebreaks.

and as for the capman, it never checks.
the things that subgame had that asss also needs to have is a group for the DEFAULT subarena, as well as a group for ALL NONDEFAULT (defined, nonspecific) subarenas.

because right now, theres no way to have someone with powers everywhere except pub and default without them having no power at all...
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I haven't tested this, but it should be:

[(global)]
Bob = mod

[(public)]
Bob = default

[(default)]
Bob = default

Edit: Confirmed and it works.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

im curious how you tested something that doesnt exist successfully.

heres a real test:

Code: Show/Hide

;staff.conf:

[(global)]
Cheese! = a

[(public)]
Cheese! = b

[(default)]
Cheese! = c

[cz]
Cheese! = d

;from chat:

;Cheese!> ?go
   Cheese!> ?listmod
:              Cheese!          0          b
;Cheese!> ?go asdf (default)
   Cheese!> ?listmod
:              Cheese!       asdf          a
;Cheese!> ?go wtf (existing)
   Cheese!> ?listmod
:              Cheese!        wtf          a
;Cheese!> ?go cz (specified)
   Cheese!> ?listmod
:              Cheese!         cz          d

i dont see group c anywhere, do you?
its because it isnt.

additionally, heres the 3 line patch to the periodic messages.
this converts the delay and interval into seconds, and allows a 0 interval for a single message.

xmessages
by cheese

messages.c - 3.49 KB
File downloaded or viewed 155 time(s)
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't think you can assign things to the (default) arena. That's what (global) is for.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

When I said submit a patch, I meant one that doesn't divide by zero. Also, it has to be backwards compatible, which yours is not.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
When I said submit a patch, I meant one that doesn't divide by zero. Also, it has to be backwards compatible, which yours is not.
Assuming that current values have no unit tied to them (ie. 30, 60, 120) and are in minutes, how is it possible to make it backwards compatible?

@Cheese
Shouldn't a value of 0 disable the message altogether (would be the same as having no value/string at all for periodic message)? Would be useful in that one could "disable" a periodic message without erasing the message, and using the field as a temporary string storage...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can think of three acceptable ways of doing it in a backwards compatible way without even straining my brain. Decimals, putting a suffix on the time, or using a completely separate config entry. There are surely other methods.
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

does 5 % 0 count as dividing by zero?
i thought it just returned 0 :S

edit:
also, i was meaning to put 'untested' in the description
config entry would definitely be the easiest way to go

also, 0 interval cancels timer after it is run,
and 0 delay cancels timer before it is run, which is quite useless

@arnk, wouldnt default be treated just like any other subarena?
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pretty sure the idea behind (default)/arena.conf is more to be the conf that's used when arenaname/ does not exist, instead of being an actual arena. For example, I believe arena->basename for a default arena will not be (default), even though it's using (default)'s arena.conf. (To contrast, public arena's basename is (public).) I could be wrong though, I've never tried to use (default) like you are.
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you would be more interested if your staff overwrote your default map every 30 seconds...
icon_rolleyes.gif
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No need to be snarky, I was just stating the facts.

?putmap is a devil, I would recommend never using it or allowing it, period. There are much better ways to organize maps, and ?putmap forces one not particularly appealing way. In any case there should probably be capabilities to modify the default arena. Write up an issue for it?
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Samapico wrote:
The main problem, as stated before, is the complete lost of backward compatibility. Though ASSS could probably understand fractions of minutes without loss of compatibility... But again, it's not a priority.

The syntax/capitalization thing in ?lag, ?usage and other such commands , were fixed I think. I honestly have no idea, but I think these were one the first things suggested when ASSS 1.5 was first discussed, so I assume they are fixed tongue.gif
   if (!strstr(params, "-v"))
   {
      chat->SendMessage(p,
            "%s: avg ping: %d  ploss: s2c: %.2f c2s: %.2f",
            prefix, avg, 100.0*ploss.s2c, 100.0*ploss.c2s);
   }
   else
   {
      struct ReliableLagData rlag;
      ticks_t tm = TICK_DIFF(current_ticks(), t->connecttime);

lagq->QueryRelLag(t, &rlag);

chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: s2c ping: %d %d (%d-%d) (reported by client)",
            prefix, cping.cur, cping.avg, cping.min, cping.max);
      chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: c2s ping: %d %d (%d-%d) (from position pkt times)",
            prefix, pping.cur, pping.avg, pping.min, pping.max);
      chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: rel ping: %d %d (%d-%d) (reliable ping)",
            prefix, rping.cur, rping.avg, rping.min, rping.max);
      chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: effective ping: %d (average of above)",
            prefix, avg);

chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: ploss: s2c: %.2f c2s: %.2f s2cwpn: %.2f",
            prefix, 100.0*ploss.s2c, 100.0*ploss.c2s, 100.0*ploss.s2cwpn);
      chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: reliable dups: %.2f%%  reliable resends: %.2f%%",
            prefix, 100.0*(double)rlag.reldups/(double)rlag.c2sn,
            100.0*(double)rlag.retries/(double)rlag.s2cn);
      chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: s2c slow: %d/%d  s2c fast: %d/%d",
            prefix, cping.s2cslowcurrent, cping.s2cslowtotal,
            cping.s2cfastcurrent, cping.s2cfasttotal);
      do_common_bw_stuff(p, t, tm, prefix, FALSE);
   }
Doesn't look "fixed" to me. biggrin.gif sgcompat has it correct though:
local void Csg_info(const char *tc, const char *params, Player *p, const Target *target)
{
   struct PingSummary pping, cping, rping;
   struct PLossSummary ploss;
   struct net_client_stats stats;
   ticks_t tm;
   Player *t = target->type == T_PLAYER ? target->u.p : p;

tm = TICK_DIFF(current_ticks(), t->connecttime);
   if (IS_STANDARD(t))
      net->GetClientStats(t, &stats);
   else
      memset(&stats, 0, sizeof(stats));
   lagq->QueryPPing(t, &pping);
   lagq->QueryCPing(t, &cping);
   lagq->QueryRPing(t, &rping);
   lagq->QueryPLoss(t, &ploss);

chat->SendMessage(p,
         "IP:%s  TimeZoneBias:%d  Freq:%d  TypedName:%s  Demo:0  MachineId:%d",
         t->ipaddr,
         /* FIXME: get tz */
         t->p_freq,
         /* FIXME: make this _typed_ name */
         t->name,
         t->macid);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "Ping:%dms  LowPing:%dms  HighPing:%dms  AvePing:%dms",
         AVG_PING(cur), AVG_PING(min), AVG_PING(max), AVG_PING(avg));
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "LOSS: S2C:%.1f%%  C2S:%.1f%%  S2CWeapons:%.1f%%  S2C_RelOut:%d(%d)",
         100.0*ploss.s2c, 100.0*ploss.c2s, 100.0*ploss.s2cwpn,
         /* FIXME: get this data: unacked rels, s2c seqnum */
         0, 0);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "S2C:%d-->%d  C2S:%d-->%d",
         0, 0, 0, 0);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "C2S CURRENT: Slow:%d Fast:%d %.1f%%   TOTAL: Slow:%d Fast:%d %.1f%%",
         0, 0, 0.0, 0, 0, 0.0);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "S2C CURRENT: Slow:%d Fast:%d %.1f%%   TOTAL: Slow:%d Fast:%d %.1f%%",
         cping.s2cslowcurrent, cping.s2cfastcurrent, 0.0,
         cping.s2cslowtotal, cping.s2cfasttotal, 0.0);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "TIME: Session:%5d:%02d:%02d  Total:%5d:%02d:%02d  Created: %d-%d-%d %02d:%02d:%02d",
         tm / 3600, (tm / 60) % 60, tm % 60,
         /* FIXME: get this data */
         0, 0, 0,
         0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "Bytes/Sec:%u  LowBandwidth:%d  MessageLogging:%d  ConnectType:%s",
         tm ? stats.bytesent / tm : 0, 0, 0, "Unknown");
}

Also, does anyone else find ?gamerecord to be broken?
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes. I has forgotten to push a fix for that. The solution is to #pragma pack(1) in record.c.

Any replays created since the problem started and without the fix will be incompatible with this fix. Any replays created before the problem started will be broken before the fix but fixed after it. If you absolutely need to access replays made during the broken stuff, create an alternate module with alternate commands and no pack(1). This is HZ's solution since we had been running tip for several months and made almost a seasons worth of broken replays.
Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

did you know that the code for ?door, which ASSS has not had for YEARS, was literally 4 lines long?
I wrote more text for the helptext than i did for the actual implementation.

successfully tested.
its really only a wrapper anyways, if anyone wants the code, pm me ingame...

also, i revamped the hell out of smongs moveto command (ex: can now force speeds/rotations on target), and will be releasing it shortly with my secret project (will revolutionize asss zones), along with other shiny objects (like ?door). :P
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
did you know that the code for ?door, which ASSS has not had for YEARS, was literally 4 lines long?
I wrote more text for the helptext than i did for the actual implementation.

successfully tested.
its really only a wrapper anyways, if anyone wants the code, pm me ingame...

also, i revamped the hell out of smongs moveto command (ex: can now force speeds/rotations on target), and will be releasing it shortly with my secret project (will revolutionize asss zones), along with other shiny objects (like ?door). tongue.gif
That sounds awesome... So you could have a callback when a door open or closes?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you're using specific door settings (not random) you can use AA_CONFCHANGED

Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah.. ?door has been around forever, just not in asss core.. 8)

Also, no to AA_CONFCHANGED, overrides are much faster than use cfg->SetInt, you shouldn't use SetInt to change any client settings, especially if you care about how fast it goes through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 648 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.513846 seconds : 52 queries executed (77.0%): GZIP compression disabled