Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ASSS 1.5.0rc1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic  ASSS Compile errors on Centos 6 Post :: Post [Soccer] Mode=0 returns Enemy Goal ins...  View next topic  
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
• why were *super, *ufo, and *mirror never implemented in ASSS?
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=6090
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=725
Cheese wrote:
• im noticing a constant was added for fuschia, but was one added for grey? (33)
Nope.
Cheese wrote:
• was ?moveto ever added to core cmds?
Afaik, no, but Smong's ?moveto/autowarp3 modules can be downloaded here.
Cheese wrote:
• convert flag modules from py to C
Or just install python. We went over this one last time :/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you don't already have python installed, you are already missing out on a lot of asss functionality (and not even necessarily module-wise.) It's really not difficult to use.

By the way, the python integration is only getting better over time (though no one's getting saner for working on it.) I really wouldn't be surprised if there were even more python core modules in the future.

Given how difficult it is to make bindings (let alone automatic bindings) for python, I think it will be a long time before you see any other language supported.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Grelminar wrote:

*ufo, I tried a long time ago, but couldn't get it to work for some reason. If someone gives me working code for *ufo, I'll add it.

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=6187

doc, can you add that in?
and maybe as an added bonus, throw in super and mirror for the hell of it?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There's no need for ufo to become a core module. It doesn't interact tightly with other core modules, and it's not needed for the operation of any zone.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I liked the idea of hax0ring the position packets to make other clients believe someone is cloaked even if he is firing... Sure the person itself will not know about it, but it can be arranged easily with some simple LVZ (put a 'cloak ON' image where it would be)
The person could toggle it with stealth, or whatever.

Of course, that has nothing to do with core modules tongue.gif
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

:C
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Samapico wrote:
I liked the idea of hax0ring the position packets to make other clients believe someone is cloaked even if he is firing

As a warning, from what I remember about the cloak packet is that even if you have the cloak flag set to 1 at all times, it will still play the "warp" animation over them as they fire, so you'll see him for the split second he is firing. The UFO flag prevents this animation from playing.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is an unmodified copy of Dr Brain's Win32 version, a fully working version, with all text file line endings converted from unix to windows.

I did it so noone else has to.

win32 w/ line endings

asss-1.5.0rc2win.zip - 3358.75 KB
File downloaded or viewed 88 time(s)

Last edited by Cheese on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
This is an unmodified copy of Dr Brain's Win32 version, a fully working version, with all text file line endings converted from unix to windows.

I did it so noone else has to.
Thanks!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

post removed
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
post removed
???
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

unrelated:

it seems most 1.4.4 modules are incompatible with 1.5, and need to be recompiled from source with 1.5 src to function properly, even with no code modification...
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
unrelated:

it seems most 1.4.4 modules are incompatible with 1.5, and need to be recompiled from source with 1.5 src to function properly, even with no code modification...

That's correct. 1.5.0 is incompatible at a binary level for various technical reasons.

I figured a release that breaks some source level compatibility is a good time to fix the oddities in the interfaces.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

that was a good idea, this stuff gets really complicated, really quickly...
i suppose thats a good reason the minor versioning was increased.

major.minor.release.build

personally i would consider this a MAJOR version update, as the code isnt even being written by the same PERSON anymore, and you added a HELL of a lot of good new stuff.
would be cool if we could call this 2.0.0.2, but who the hell am i to suggest anything? :D

next post:

also, out of curiousity, while writing the rpg module awhile ago, i had to get the arena conf value for deathwaittime, then set a timer for that value after getting a kill message to figure out when the player would respawn.

is that how the new CB_RESPAWN works?
or does it perhaps just grab their next pos packet?
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Version inflation is bad, and quickly eliminates the usefulness of even keeping track.
1.5 may be incompatible with 1.4, but the underlying modules are the same or very similar. If asss suddenly made you write modules an entirely new way, completely overhauling the very basic concepts, 2.0 would be appropriate.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oic
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CB_SPAWN does use the next position packet, though it gives a window to ignore packets that are obviously lagged (like receiving a valid position within half a second of dying, and more than half a second before respawn time.)

ticks_t Player::last_death
ticks_t Player::next_respawn
are now standard player flags.

Oh and in case it wasn't clear, you have to check the circumstances parameter to know what kind of spawn it is (ship change, ship reset, after death, etc.)
Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

why are the 'objects', 'watchdamage' and 'messages' modules not active by default?
why are they not even listed or at least just commented in modules.conf?
what other internal modules are there that we dont know about?

is there a ?putconf that works like ?putmap? (so i dont have to trust my developers to use ?cd properly)
is the only way to put an arena.conf in a new arena folder to use ?cd and ?putfile?

is there a way to limit group powers in an arena?
like to allow powers in all arenas except pub/default?

what is prefix_+ (and others)?
how do they work?
is there a suffix_+?

in global.conf, you can add
Code: Show/Hide

[Persist]
SyncSeconds=300

to speed/slow the persist syncs, for the next release can we add a capacity for

[Directory]
SyncSeconds=300

so we can speed/slow the directory updates, so the values arent hardcoded?

what does 'compressed map/lvz is bigger than 256k' mean, and why should i be concerned about it? (i thought each file could be 4mb? :S )
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
why are the 'objects', 'watchdamage' and 'messages' modules not active by default?
why are they not even listed or at least just commented in modules.conf?

Because no one put them in there. I wasn't privy to the rationale. Probably just got forgotten. Watchdamage isn't terribly useful, and has a number of problems, though.

Cheese wrote:
what other internal modules are there that we dont know about?

Look in src/ for things you don't know about. They're all there.

Cheese wrote:
is there a ?putconf that works like ?putmap? (so i dont have to trust my developers to use ?cd properly)
is the only way to put an arena.conf in a new arena folder to use ?cd and ?putfile?

I always use ?putfile filename.txt:path/to/filename.txt myself, e.g. ?putfile arena.conf:arenas/(public)/arena.conf. I never use ?cd.

Cheese wrote:
is there a way to limit group powers in an arena?
like to allow powers in all arenas except pub/default?

Sure, just make some extra groups. There are no good ways, though, if that's what you meant.

Cheese wrote:
what is prefix_+ (and others)?
how do they work?
is there a suffix_+?

It allows you to use a + in the front of your name. The fact that you can't get continuum to login with a name with those prefixes sort of limits its usefulness, though.

Cheese wrote:
in global.conf, you can add

[Persist]
SyncSeconds=300

to speed/slow the persist syncs, for the next release can we add a capacity for

[Directory]
SyncSeconds=300

so we can speed/slow the directory updates, so the values arent hardcoded?

No, this is hard coded for a reason. DoS on a directory server wouldn't be pretty. They're fragile enough without careless sysops harassing them.

Cheese wrote:
what does 'compressed map/lvz is bigger than 256k' mean, and why should i be concerned about it? (i thought each file could be 4mb? :S )

There's a limit on what continuum can receive for a map. It's not precisely 256k (extensive testing was never done, as it wasn't deemed necessary), but you know you're close when you get that warning. Weird things happen with maps much larger than that.
Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:

The fact that you can't get continuum to login with a name with those prefixes sort of limits its usefulness, though.

meaning it doesnt work at all?
is it possible to make it a suffix instead? (ex: <ER> <ZH> etc)

Dr Brain wrote:

Sure, just make some extra groups

meaning i need to add an entry in staff.conf for EVERY SINGLE ARENA IN THE ZONE? D:
isnt there some way we can add a "-arena:group" to DISABLE perms?

Dr Brain wrote:

I always use ?putfile filename.txt:path/to/filename.txt myself

i tried to do this first, but got a
W <admincmd> {asdf} [Cheese] couldn't rename file 'tmp/uploaded-a03224' to './arenas/asteroid'
error.
what i think this means:
you can rename files to paths in linux, but not in windows, because it gives an illegal character error instead...
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

suffix doesn't make sense. the idea of prefix is that it will strip away the prefix characters internally but not to the clients, they will still see it. it doesn't interfere with people's names. you certainly could write a module that would prohibit people from entering on unauthorized names, however.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You need to give them one group zone wide, and a different group in that arena (e.g. default)

You need to include the name of the file in the destination. Just the directory isn't good enough.
Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

in the periodmessage module, would it be possible to specify 0 for the interval to have the message display only once after the delay, and not repeat?
currently, having 0 for interval invalidates the message.

also, could the delay/interval be in seconds instead of minutes?
it allows more precision in the delivery of messages
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you have unusual needs, just modify the module. Or, modify a copy of the module.
Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

but what if many other ppl have the same 'unusual' needs as i? =/

youre meaning to tell me you have never once had the desire to have a periodic message display only once?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 409 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.738207 seconds : 52 queries executed (86.8%): GZIP compression disabled