Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ASSS 1.5.0rc1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic  ASSS Compile errors on Centos 6 Post :: Post [Soccer] Mode=0 returns Enemy Goal ins...  View next topic  
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yeah, ive been planning to make an interface for every useful thing like moveto and door, but i havnt decided whether im going to make seperate interfaces or just chuck them all into one
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

a problem in my list which is too important to wait:

there is currently no way to write an unmolested string to a config file.
its very nice that you can write blah:meh in the first field and leave the second field NULL, but it still has to be tied to a value, meaning a "= 1" will be tacked onto it.

this is important because being able to write "#include file.conf" to a config file is good to have. (edit: OR a comment OR a carriage return)

edit:
i suppose an easy fix to this would be to remove the 'else return' statement, and have dirty check if str is null before writing "="

edit2:
this will also fix the nuisance of having EVERY quickfix value getting its own comment and 3 newlines by letting the command write one and stack all with no info

edit3:
it also seems that the SetStr is currently incapable of writing consecutive lines such as:
A
B
C
and is only capable of:
A

B

C
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

another problem that cant wait:

a player that doesnt send data for awhile gets automatically disconnected.
this is good.

however, there needs to be some sort of interface to temporarily stop this from happening. (or something)
the reason for this is that when a player recieves the zone news and decides to read it, OR when they decide to fill out the biller registration form, they are ALSO automatically disconnected.
this is bad.

if anyone would like a demonstration, simply visit my zone and try either.
footnote: i have long known about this with the zone news, but now that i am on a biller, it is now too annoying to overlook, because people will try to fill out the form.

additionally, i suspect THIS was never fixed...
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This isn't the thread for your misc problems. File a bug report http://bitbucket.org/grelminar/asss/issues if it's a bug. Make a new thread if it's a comment, or post in one of your other dozen threads.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

also dr, you should check out http://www.adrianxw.dk/SoftwareSite/Consoles/Consoles1.html
the entire series, especially the part about colors...
you can pimp out the windows console, like colored console log messages for example...
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Colored log messages in the console would mess up log files (if I remember right, the color tags were actually characters, but maybe not)

I made a console minesweeper game with colored ASCII characters a while ago
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wonder if there are any syntax files for vi or similar editor that already work on colorizing asss logs, or if one would have to be made.

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Having just experienced ASSS for the first time, I must say it was much easier than I thought to set up... Only had some trouble finding the right files and links, since some links here are dead, and the files section at SSGN only had the linux version (that's fixed now).

Question: Why is 'directory' not loaded by default? Spent a while trying to figure out why my zone didn't show up on directory servers... This should definitely be loaded out-of-the-box.

... I thought I had something else to say, I think I forgot.

I'm now officially ASSS-capable. icon_razz.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Most people don't want their test zones to become public, so having the directory server commented out is reasonable.

On the other hand, there probably should be a note of that fact in the supplied global.conf.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
Most people don't want their test zones to become public, so having the directory server commented out is reasonable.

On the other hand, there probably should be a note of that fact in the supplied global.conf.
That would be reasonable indeed icon_smile.gif

Oh, another thing I noticed is, why isn't the userguide.pdf with the install package? The readme (if I remember correctly) tells you to check the userguide, but you have no idea of knowing where to get it.

Ok, the readme points to 'http://sscx.net/asss/userguide.html' , which is yet another dead link to the userguide
Which is why including the pdf would make things easier, imo tongue.gif
Cheese

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the userguide is now a little outdated, and he was wanting to write a new one...
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is there an example about using advisers somewhere?
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

noone except brain knows anything about them atm.

if anyone knows anything about it, feel free to put it in http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Writing_Advanced_Modules_In_C

ive been meaning to fill in 'Passing Data To Timers' and 'Passing Multiple Arguments To Commands '
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Samapico wrote:
Is there an example about using advisers somewhere?

It depends on which adviser you're looking to use. The freqman enforcer advisers are demonstrated in the enf_*.c files.
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wth I was searching for something like RegAdviser and didn't find it... but now I did... oh well. Got it.
Thanks
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://bitbucket.org/grelminar/asss/wiki/Adviser
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What? Another ASSS wiki?!?!?
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

another thing i would like is command aliasing
kind of like what mervbot used to have

for example:

?a is typed, and a ?hello module command activates instead
?arena is typed, and the REAL ?a activates

i think asss already has this (ala sgcompat), but if a command exists already it will always activate
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, asss can't easily do any command routing or rewriting at the moment. It's a feature I've always wanted but never gotten around to implementing.
Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

bump
fatrolls
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Didn't feel like making a whole topic for this but when I use in settings

Code: Show/Hide

[Periodic]
RewardDelay=2000
RewardMinimumPlayers=1
RewardPoints=1000

Why do I receive

Reward: 0 points

I know the points are based on how much flags your team has but why even send 0's if you have no flags?

Any way to fix this in the settings or is this a ASSS thing?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also a new bug, when I score a goal in a blue goal it says Enemy Goal! on my own freq and I get no points, seems like a settings problem maybe?

Enemy Goal! fixed it was missing a setting MinTeams

Code: Show/Hide

[Soccer]
MinTeams=1
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

fatrolls wrote:
Why do I receive

Reward: 0 points

I know the points are based on how much flags your team has but why even send 0's if you have no flags?

Any way to fix this in the settings or is this a ASSS thing?

This was fixed in 1.5.0, though you have to add the following pointless setting:

[Periodic]
SendZeroRewards = 0
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 398 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 1.024041 seconds : 47 queries executed (85.4%): GZIP compression disabled