Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
mervbot on win7 64bit

View previous topic  running a test zone Post :: Post [Mervbot]Need Help Connect to mysql  View next topic  
mb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: mervbot on win7 64bit Reply to topic Reply with quote

i duel boot my computer with winxp 32bit with win7 64bit
when i run mervbot from win xp 32 i dont have any problems
if i run it from win 7 64bit only the frst spawn can join the server, has anyone had this problem or know a fix, i dont change any files from xp 32 to 7 64 so it shouldnt be a setting error.
thanks for any help
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm guessing it's a 64-bit error. Not because I know anything about 64-bit errors but because in my experience 90% of the errors in going to XP 32 to 7 64 have been 64-bit errors. But regardless of what the issue actually is, I doubt you're gonna get anyone to fix MERV. You're better off looking to find a way to run the bot in XP mode or something(7 has a few different ways of doing that, I believe), than you are of waiting for someone to fix that old bot.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

are there any other ai bots around like the ai verson merv bot?
it not a problem to only have 1 merv bot spawn cause i only use 1 arena at a time but its the ai one that anoying cause it would mean haveing 30 ai bot running.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can spawn multiple AI bots from a single exe

Running a couple can be very laggy and CPU intensive... 30 at once would most likely kill them (or the server)
They would definitely need to run on the same machine as the server. Otherwise, 30 clients from a single IP would make the server go whacky.
mb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the problem is is that only the first spawn will login and the others cant even get a connerction to the zone, if i switch to win xp32 bit there isnt a problem

i would be able to have more bots from win 7 64bit cause i'm not limited by the ram, i have 8gb installed, most i can get without laging bots is around 30 on xp cause i'm limited by the ram, i have a q9650 so i cant see cpu limit being a problem.

and yes its all off the one computer.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mb wrote:
i have a q9650 so i cant see cpu limit being a problem.

Aw, I have the Q9550. :(
Anyway, if you're looking for AI, MERV is basically your only option. Either Smong or Bak has one for ASSS I think, but I'm not sure they do the same thing.

If you wanted, you could use another bot to handle all your non-AI needs, and then only use MERV for AI. Do you have both XP and 7 on the same computer? Or are they actually separate computers? Remember, your bots don't have to run on the same computer as your server.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i'v got it duel boot, maby i could try using the xp mode in win 7 and see if it works.
when i'm on xp it seam like the bots memery is constantley put into page file and pulled back out makeing them lag, the extra 4gp i get from the 64bit side should reduce the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i just noticed that each spawn tryes to connect to a diffent ip

spawn 1 uses 127.0.0.1
spawn 2 uses 127.1.0.1
spawn 3 uses 127.3.0.1

is that normial or is that the problem to why they cant connect?

Untitled.jpg - 105.14 KB
File downloaded or viewed 169 time(s)
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's.... fucking weird, to say the least.

But, apparently these all point to 127.0.0.1, I just pinged them.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know this is a few years later, but on Windows Server 2008 R2 I am also seeing this same behavior. I tracked it down in the core of mervbot, but I'm not sure why Catid implemented it this way. Maybe it was an attempt to control packet flooding from the core when multiple spawns were loaded?

If the current spawn couldn't be located, it appears to rotate the IP address octets, when it's attempting to connect to 127.0.0.1. Though I can ping 127.1.0.1 - the bot can't connect into the server.

I've commented this code out and my very limited testing showed it allowed the spawn to connect to subgame.

hostlist.cpp
Code: Show/Hide
bool hostList::connectHost(BOT_INFO &botInfo)
{
   if (!findSpawn(botInfo.name))
   {
      Uint32 ip = botInfo.ip;

if ((ip & 0x000000ff) == 0x0000007f) // 127.x.x.x
      {
         ip += mix_ctr;

if ((ip & 0xff000000) == 0)
         {
            ip += 0x01000000;
            mix_ctr += 0x01000000;
         }

botInfo.ip = ip;
         mix_ctr += 0x00000100;
      }

// ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 680 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.464092 seconds : 37 queries executed (93.6%): GZIP compression disabled