Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Central 1.0 (your new distributed directory server)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  Protocol Shorthand Conventions Post :: Post Looking for that figlet-like program...  View next topic  
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Central 1.0 (your new distributed directory server) Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tested on these Platforms (please test and report back icon_smile.gif
-----------
Windows 2003
Windows 2000
Windows XP
Centos 5 (mono 1.2)

Please note its currently a tad unstable running on mono/linux and seems to crash occasionally for no apparent reason...i suspect its because my version of mono is very old (1.2) Rock solid on windows on both MS .net and mono though which is slighly confusing...

Currently live at ssdir.playsubspace.com

I created this basically because im sick of CatId's server crashing everytime we seem to get to a certain number of active subspace zones.

Quote:

About Central
-------------

Central is a Subspace directory server.
It is designed to emulate much of the behavoir of CatId's directory.

Getting started
---------------
Windows
Install .net 2.0 or above (http://microsoft.com)
or install mono
(http://go-mono.com)

Linux
You need to install mono (http://go-mono.com)

Edit Central.config to suit your requirements

If you are using mono, type

mono Central.exe

to start the program (just like running any other mono program)

Other information
-----------------
You need UDP ports 4990 and 4991 open on your firewall to enable zones and clients to connect

edit: fixed a 100% cpu-usage bug

Latest version is 1.4f
http://www.subspace2.net/Central-1.4f.zip

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=212141

Newer version available here
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=212141&package_id=315739&release_id=680666

Src is at http://subspace2.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/subspace2/Central/

Central-1.0.zip - 84.09 KB
File downloaded or viewed 220 time(s)

Last edited by Doc Flabby on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 am, edited 8 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

im sick of it as well.

i assume its due to some of these long ass zone names....
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
im sick of it as well.

i assume its due to some of these long ass zone names....

If you can try out my server and see how you get on....im looking for people to bug test it.
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kudos on the work, hopefully it remains a stable directory server, since at the moment only Priit's and yours are currently online. I tested it on Vista and didn't have any problems (so far), so you can probably at it to the list as well.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hakaku wrote:
Kudos on the work, hopefully it remains a stable directory server, since at the moment only Priit's and yours are currently online.

Probably because all the others have crashed since everyone else runs catids tongue.gif
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Works on gentoo running mono 2.2

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Going to try this on Windows 2003. I can't find Snrrrub around any more -- and there are some critical bugs I found for his directory server running on 2003 which prevent me from being able to use his at all.

EDIT :: Doesn't work. Crashes on start. Server may or may not have .NET Framework 2.0.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:

EDIT :: Doesn't work. Crashes on start. Server may or may not have .NET Framework 2.0.

It won't run with out 2.0 tongue.gif Can you post the error message?
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Server has .NET Framework 2.0 (has to have it, as it is a requirement to be able to run TCAdmin). And no, I do not know if there is an error message or anything; it would be wise if your program generated logs for these kind of problems. I do not have remote desktop access.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
Quote:
Server has .NET Framework 2.0 (has to have it, as it is a requirement to be able to run TCAdmin). And no, I do not know if there is an error message or anything; it would be wise if your program generated logs for these kind of problems. I do not have remote desktop access.

If you can get it to run on your desktop machine, its designed to be run as a console program, it logs its output to the screen...so you really need remote desktop or a console window run/test it.

You're running it in a way i never intended to be run, if you provide more information about your server setup and how you are attempting to run it, i might be able to change it to get it to work...I'm curious how you are running the program without remote desktop.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
You're running it in a way i never intended to be run, if you provide more information about your server setup and how you are attempting to run it, i might be able to change it to get it to work...I'm curious how you are running the program without remote desktop.
TCAdmin is a Game Hosting Control Panel and functions the same way as if you executed the file normally yourself; just like ServerDoc too.

http://www.tcadmin.com/
http://www.serverdoc.com/

We do not use ServerDoc though, but they both execute the program the same way as you would manually. There are no special or fancy methods in which it executes the program.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
TCAdmin is a Game Hosting Control Panel and functions the same way as if you executed the file normally yourself; just like ServerDoc too.

I've just tested this on a Windows 2003 server i have access to and it runs fine in remote desktop. So i think it must have something to do with that... I have uploaded a recompiled version (which intergrates some changes i made some time back to make it more compatable with mono, these might do the trick...)

Alternativly Does TCAdmin support services? I could alter it to run as a windows service.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Possibly. I am not 100% sure, but it's very possible that TCAdmin does. In my control panel there is a page called "Gaming Services." It will list all the gameservers running (or not), and I can manually create a service of my own, start and stop it at will.

I will redownload your Directory Server and give it another try.

EDIT :: By the way, here's the configuration settings I am using:
Code: Show/Hide
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="DownloadPeers" value="1"/>
    <add key="Peers" value="dir1.subdir.net,dir2.subdir.net,dir5.subdir.net,dir6.subdir.net,dir7.subdir.net"/>
    <add key="DownloadEvery" value="60"/>
  </appSettings>
</configuration>

EDIT2 :: Nope. Doesn't work. I tried PriitK's too -- and that one crashed upon launch as well.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've updated the version to fix some bugs that were causing it to crash, don't know if this will fix your problems, but it might be worth a try...

This project is going to be under active development, and contributions/changes are accepted. Code and bug tracking / feature requests to be added to http://sourceforge.net/projects/subspace2/
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, any download mirrors for mono?
I am unable to connect http://go-mono.com (page load error)

Tried to search with google, but didn't find. I am using Fedora Core 6.

SSNE Central Owner
www.ssnecentral.net
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can install mono using yum (these also work for Centos 5) if you add this to your list of yum repositories

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Mono/RHEL_5/

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:
You can install mono using yum (these also work for Centos 5) if you add this to your list of yum repositories

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Mono/RHEL_5/

Thanks! Now I just need to get required libunwind for FC 6.

I'm only having problems with Core 6, always missing some lib, ie. for core 9 there are all libs what I have tried to search. Maybe next time I'll install some other distribution.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Version 1.1 released
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=212141&package_id=315739&release_id=680666

Has a number of bug fixes and resolves some crashing problems (restricts zone description to 480 characters, longer descriptions seem to cause crashing problems with continuum)
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

[ssnecentral@kinkku dirserver_mono]$ mono Central.exe

** (Central.exe:30011): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /dirserver_mono/Central.exe could not be loaded:
     Assembly:   System.Windows.Forms    (assemblyref_index=3)
     Version:    2.0.0.0
     Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/dirserver_mono/).

** (Central.exe:30011): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

** (Central.exe:30011): WARNING **: Missing method get_ProductVersion in assembly /dirserver_mono/Central.exe, type System.Windows.Forms.Application

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

it (Rather stupidly) requires windows forms library (System.Windows.Forms) to display the version number.

You need to install this package: mono-winforms

yum install mono-winforms
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:

You need to install this package: mono-winforms

Aah! Thanks, now it works perfectly! icon_smile.gif
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Would it be possible to add a feature to this new Central dirserver, which could save zone information to *.txt file, just like Catids dirserver. I need this feature for my PHP population statistics script.

*.txt file

Zone name   players currently playing   ip    port   zone information text
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kingsize wrote:
Would it be possible to add a feature to this new Central dirserver, which could save zone information to *.txt file, just like Catids dirserver. I need this feature for my PHP population statistics script.

*.txt file

Zone name   players currently playing   ip    port   zone information text

I've added this and copied CatId's format exactly, it uses tab separated columns in the following order:

ip    port    playercount    scores   zoneName zoneDescription

If you need it in a different format let me know and i'll add a custom format option tongue.gif

1.2 Alpha (not tested heavily)

New Features
- CatId format stats
- Zone Pinger (updates zone populations before saving stats)
- default is to save stats every minute which may be a bit fast for you, but can be changed in the config file icon_smile.gif

http://subspace2.net/Central-1.2a.zip

Let me know how you get on.

BIN

Central-1.2a.zip - 73.71 KB
File downloaded or viewed 205 time(s)
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:

I've added this and copied CatId's format exactly, it uses tab separated columns in the following order...

Yay, thanks! icon_smile.gif Now I can say a good bye for all dirserver problems!
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

One little problem, dirserver (Central) says: Collecting Stats, but it doesn't save them to stats.txt (I didn't change your default configurations at all).

I gave (chmod) 777 permissions to all files. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with Central.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 404 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.580033 seconds : 52 queries executed (72.3%): GZIP compression disabled