Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Misc ASSS Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic  per-arena commands? Post :: Post ASSS Zone crashed after 120 days of be...  View next topic  
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Some languages initialize variables, like VB6 (dunno about .net), but still it's an assumption you should never make
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lvz map objects are positioned using the top left corner as a reference instead of the center.

is this also true for screen objects?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why would anything be referenced to the center? Tiles go from (0,0) to (1023,1023), the pixels on your screen go from (0,0) to (X,Y) the same way...
If you are talking about the top-left corner of the image being placed at the specified coordinate, same deal.

Screen objects are referenced to top-left of the screen by default, but you can have them reference to whatever you want... just read the example.ini that comes with the lvz builder

C10,C-20 would be 10 pixels to the right from center, and 20 pixels above from center of the screen. In the lvz format, this is referred to as X type/Y type.

LVZ refpoints.gif - 31.62 KB
File downloaded or viewed 103 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so if i have an array in a struct, and want to do:
int[5]={1,2,3,4,5};
how do i do it?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you can define it as part of the struct initializer, or you can spell it out:

my_struct->my_int[0] = 1;
my_struct->my_int[1] = 2;
my_struct->my_int[2] = 3;
my_struct->my_int[3] = 4;
my_struct->my_int[4] = 5;

A for loop is better if your values have some kind of sense to them. Any decent optimizing compiler will unroll the loop anyway, so never hesitate to use whichever is best for readability.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :C

i have 8 sets of 50 nonsensical numbers -___-"

o well, guess ill have to hack my way across the C yet again :(
time to convert to string + parse $$$
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If they're constant, you can declare them in a global array, and then use a for loop to copy them in.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so what would cause a crash after a successful module attach without any log messages, with a log message at the start of every function, with no deadlock?

related:
anyone know how to debug a dll, preferably with gdb?
Cheese

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so do u get a segfault immediately, or when the function returns?
Cheese

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i wrote a turret module (autoturret/pointdefense) that uses the findTurretTarget(), fireControl(), and lhypot() functions from autoturret.c

it works just fine, as long as the range (int bd=1024*16) is set to the whole map.
if you lower the range, it will crash, or if you set it to detect nonfake nonteam players and there arent any, it will crash.

however, i cant figure out why, and i suck at math.
any ideas?
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Crashes where? Code?
Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
from autoturret.c

Quote:
int bd < 1024*16

Quote:
i cant figure out why

simply lower autoturret range to test, it will crash when noones in range
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If the problem is that it crashes when it can't find a player to shoot at, perhaps the solution is to make sure it doesn't shoot (or point) when there's no one there. Math shouldn't be involved.
Cheese

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

seems i have to start doing Player *p=NULL instead of just Player *p...

also, what would cause all my flags to hide themselves when i have fake players in ships?

and is there a way to get spectators to send position packets more often?
Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what metric is the recharge on ships based off of?

if a warbird has 1000 recharge, what does that mean?
it gets 1000 energy per second? millisecond? year?

also, is it possible to prize fake players? (havnt looked into it yet)
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you're going to pile on a ton of questions about ASSS at least keep them focused to ASSS and don't double post...lordy

Respectively of the questions you asked/statements you said that have anything to do with the server,

1. Sure, though I can only think of one general reason why you'd ever need to initialize a stack Player *...unless you've got some crazy design going

2. Doing crazy things?

3. Sure, you can tell asss to send a prize packet to the fake player. It won't blow up. Ever heard of just trying something?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

recharge is energy per 10 seconds
Samapico

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
what metric is the recharge on ships based off of?

Use the wiki, ffs
http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Special:Search?search=recharge&go=Go
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thanks
hehe, was barely conscious when i wrote that, but still got work done

also, i have

[Net]
AllowVIE=0
AllowCont=1

why was some retard able to waltz in my zone and load up about 7 VIE bots?
(as per ?info)
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Net:AllowVIE and Net:AllowCont not being actual settings may or may not have something to do with it..? Yet another thing you should probably check before asking..
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

its in net.c, as well as being in http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=8659

/* cfghelp: Listen:AllowVIE, global, bool, def: 1
* Whether VIE protocol clients (i.e., Subspace 1.34 and bots)
* are allowed to connect to this port. */
ld->allowvie = cfg->GetInt(GLOBAL, secname, "AllowVIE", 1);
/* cfghelp: Listen:AllowCont, global, bool, def: 1
* Whether Continuum clients are allowed to connect to this
* port. */
ld->allowcont = cfg->GetInt(GLOBAL, secname, "AllowCont", 1);

yeah, its probably real.
you should check.
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just use funky:auth_vie (in src/contrib)
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Listen:Allow* is not Net:Allow*

Do you think I didn't actually check this before posting I thought you could've gotten the hint about checking things before posting!

Also yeah I've never used any of those settings, auth_vie is always what I've used.
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

auth_vie looks good, i never noticed it until now
it also looks redundant if you have allowvie=1

also, if its in funky, why isnt it in the funky folder?
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yo when im tracking a fake player, what should i look before when the fake gets destroyed before the player pointer becomes invalid?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 614 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.437763 seconds : 52 queries executed (90.5%): GZIP compression disabled