Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
LVZ issue

View previous topic  LVZ Format limits Post :: Post dynamic runtime LVZ options  View next topic  
cmdrpinksock
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: LVZ issue Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have made a lvz file for a background for a arena... I used clt1.11 uploaded the files and edited the conf file. The image does not show up... Any ideas?

Attached is the ini file to make lvz file... I have tried a couple different settings for the back ground to get it to show... even topmost (as seen in this ini file). Nuffin

I am assuming I need to use ShowAlways and bottomMost for a background?

back3.ini - 1.02 KB
File downloaded or viewed 100 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
CaptainPoopface

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think all the images need to be in bm2 format, not png. And make sure the lvz has the same name as the map it goes with.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
I think all the images need to be in bm2 format, not png. And make sure the lvz has the same name as the map it goes with.
No, that is not the problem.

The following image types are supported by continuum: bmp, jpg, png, gif.

FYI: bm2 = bmp.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cmdrpinksock
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Any Idead what my problem is?

ASSS-1.4.4
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

which conf file are you editing (path)?
paste the line of the conf file that you changed

does it say "downloading level" when you enter the arena (try renaming the .lvz and changing the conf to force a redownload)? if so then the conf is correct and the lvz is misconfigured. otherwise, the lvz is (probably) correct and the .conf is misconfigured
cmdrpinksock
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I changed the arena.conf in /asss-1.4.4/arenas/tanksb

I changed the Levelfiles=3_bg.lvz
I read somewhere to use file=

At any rate I change the conf file with both lines and one of them worked (it downloaded the lvz file to the client machine). However it did not display it.

Then I took that same .lvz file and loaded it into DCME. It opened fine...
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1. Put the lvz file in the /maps/ folder.
2. In your arena.conf file, set "LevelFiles = FILENAME.lvz"

That's pretty much it. It should load perfectly fine as long as your lvz is properly designed. If you still can't get it to display, attach the file so someone else can take a look at it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
cmdrpinksock
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK I got it to work... However I was only able to get an other .lvz file to work by file= in the conf file... whats the difference between levelfiles= and file=

Also, it looks like files in the lvz files such as ship.bm2, radarv.bm2 etc.. just replace the standard screen objects in continuum and do not require any extra parameters to be set in the ini file... is this assumption correct?
cmdrpinksock
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hakaku wrote:
1. Put the lvz file in the /maps/ folder.

It looks like it works in the /arenas/tanksb path....

what is the maps folder for exactly?
cmdrpinksock
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK understand how the files work within lvz, however is there a list of what all the files are???? And what they are images/sounds for?

THanks
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cmdrpinksock wrote:
OK I got it to work... However I was only able to
Also, it looks like files in the lvz files such as ship.bm2, radarv.bm2 etc.. just replace the standard screen objects in continuum and do not require any extra parameters to be set in the ini file... is this assumption correct?
Yes it is

You can also use other file types such as png or jpg and it will work as well (example: ships.png). A special case is that you can replace ship graphics individually with files named ship1, ship2, etc... (add any extension)

If you want a list... well just check your COntinuum\graphics folder; most of them are pretty self-explanatory, same for the sounds. Just replace the .bm2 extensions with .bmp, and .wa2 with .wav, and open them to see what they are.
There are a few special cases, like colors.bmp and gradient.bmp, but a quick use of the search feature in the forum, or through the ASSS wiki, should give you the answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 410 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.563198 seconds : 38 queries executed (77.6%): GZIP compression disabled