Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
.dll to relate my c# program with winamp possible?

View previous topic  c# timers Post :: Post win32/winsock fun  View next topic  
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: .dll to relate my c# program with winamp possible? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was wondering if it was possible to create a winamp plugin that transfers data so to speak between a c# program and winamp. The purpose of this is that when my c# game recording program game timer stops, i would like winamp to select a random song and play it during that stoppage of play, and then stop playing when play resumes. I have already created a basic winamp plugin and the c# program. Is this possible? What is it called. I would google but i have no leads or words to use.

Thank you.

-tcsoccerman
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You need to send a Window Message to the winamp application, that will make it do a command (like 'next')

check for SendMessage or PostMessage APIs... you should find something for that, especially for winamp, these things are pretty common.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes winamp has an sdk, but it's in c...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ok i got it to work

i had to use System.Diagnostic.Process.GetProcessByName("winamp")

some other const and stuff and extern static SendMessage()

the only minor problem is that if you start and stop the timer to quick, the messages don't get sent. it is on winamp's side, because i have a messagebox show whenever i call the SendMessages, and it shows always. That's ok, i'm still happy, but any ideas?
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

check PostMessage... either SendMessage or PostMessage will wait for the message to have been processed before continuing execution... Not sure which one it is

But what would 'too quick' be? every second? You surely can't throw 100 messages per second at winamp and expect it to treat them all tongue.gif But other than that, it should work.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

no no no, somewhere around every 2 seconds. basically, you click stop, it will play(music plays when timer is stopped(stoppage of play)), then two seconds later you click play(music stops) and the message sent to stop the music will not be recgonized.

I'm using SendMessage().
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cswinampsdk

If i googled correctly, this sdk allows you to write plugins and/or send messages to winamp.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, that's cool. I did in fact solve my problem but thank you anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 667 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.509288 seconds : 33 queries executed (82.6%): GZIP compression disabled