Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
We need 2 modules.

View previous topic  Sending Weapons Packets Post :: Post King of the hill  View next topic  
Digital Core

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: We need 2 modules. Reply to topic Reply with quote

This first one I stated on another post, but here it is again for those that don't know.

I want it to be like Purge's 'invasion' plugin for merv. I would just use that, but it doesn't work right in AS3.

So, Hold all 4 flags for 3 minutes. At 30 second marker play music. Give arena message on every minute mark passed.
"Freq ## has taken control on the flags. Countdown initiated: 3 minutes till victory."
"Freq ## has defended the flags well and will have victory in 2 minutes!"
"Just 1 minute remaining for flag victory!"

I also would like that 10 second delay for "owning" the flags. A team must have a flag in thier control for 10 seconds for it to be considered owned. If the other team recovers the flag within the 10 seconds, then its like they never lost it.

The thing I like most is stats after the game is won. This should include, Most Kills, Best Streak, Best Ratio, Most Deaths, Most Team Kills, Most Flags Saved, Most Flags Owned, Most Deaths, and and MVP based on all if possible.

Upon victory, the winning team should be awarded the ?jackpot points. All players get the ?jackpot amount.

Second module.

There will be a few warp spots on the map, if a player goes on them, they are warped to a duel box. Followed by an arena message stating 'PlayerName is awaiting a challenger duel in Box#. 30 seconds remaining.'

After the 30 second mark, if there are no challengers, (who must go on the same warp point) then the player will be warped back to the center, and the duel will be void.

Each duel is to 10, ship type is not restricted.

Upon death, until the duel is complete, the 2 duelers will be warped into the box they choose. Once the duel is finished, an arena message stating the score and the players should be announced. Do not score reset the players, just keep track of their deaths. during the duel. If a player leaves, then allow 1 minute for them to return to the arena. Same as for if the spectate.

There will be three normal 1 v 1 dueling boxes, and one 2 v 2 dueling box.
If a player goes into a 2 v 2 box, then the next player that follows will be on their team, and the next 2 will be the opposing team. Each player is allowed 10 deaths before they are out.

If someone tries to go on a warp point to duel, then they should recieve a message saying who is dueling and what the score is.

That should be everything it need. If there was some sort of ranking system with them, that would make it a lot better. Just a top 10 wins list. and a rank command. (ex. ?rank, ?duels)

If someone can do this then please let Resol know in-game, leave a message here or in-game. The location of the duel boxes and warp points can then be disscussed.
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: We need 2 modules. Reply to topic Reply with quote

Digital Core wrote:
The location of the duel boxes and warp points can then be disscussed.

I would recommend using regions for this sort of thing.

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Most Certainly.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Digital Core

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Welll..

Doesn't matter to me how its done, as long as it works. tongue.gif
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Welll..

Doesn't matter to me how its done, as long as it works. tongue.gif
In other words, you can switch to AS3 if you haven't already and do it yourself through DCME.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Digital Core

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Umm..

Well. I want something to take care if the score, and ranks anyway.

Also, I don't want more then 2 people in a 1 v 1 box, and don't want more then 4 in a 2 v 2 box.

lol, looks like I'll I will just have to try and use another bot. No one seems too interested in helping.

Also, still need the turf game.
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
In other words, you can switch to AS3 if you haven't already and do it yourself through DCME.

They are already using ASSS, this is in the ASSS forum and they are asking for modules.

Digital Core: Welcome to the wonderful world of Subspace Development; most of the time if you want something done you end up having to do it yourself.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Digital Core

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Which I wouldn't mind doing if I knew how to code.

Sadly, I don't.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

once upon a time i wanted a zone and needed code.i learned to code. the end.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

funny, thats what i did =OOOOOOOOOOO
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Digital Core

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, If I had the time and the money to devote, it might be a little easier.

Anyway, I hope that someone might have the time, that already knows how, and maybe produce something.

Otherwise, I see this entire "Custom Projects" forum a little useless.

Its a great place to express your ideas, and watch them as they fade away.
Digital Core

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I read the forum description, I guess this is only for people that already know what they are doing. My bad.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You're free to ask, I just don't think there are any coders that have an abundance of free time at present.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Be like me, demand stuff.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Digital Core

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
You're free to ask, I just don't think there are any coders that have an abundance of free time at present.

You are very correct. Now, let me ask you this; Do you know of any coders with free time? tongue.gif

Anyway, I think my friend may be able to help me out, yet it wont be for quite some time. So again, any help is still need and very much appreceiated.

On another note. I should have some more free time at the end of fall, and will attempt to understand progamming. I think its nice that those that can code still help others that attempt. Hopefully I can be patient with me when the time comes.
lqtm <- (laugh quietly to myslef) lol sucks.
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Digital Core wrote:
Well, If I had the time...
How you can have the time for making your own zone then?

SSNE Central Owner
www.ssnecentral.net
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Digital Core

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Let me just say wow.

Make a map - 1 hour, $0.

Make settings - 30 mins. $0

Making sounds and graphics - 1 day, $0

Learning to to code well - Endless amounts of time, $0

Being a person that doesn't have a clue, yet still respond to get your 2 cents in - PRICELESS.

Yah, and I got drunk tonight. Either way you look at it, you can easily be a random newb and have plenty of time to manage a zone. Compared to programming, thats a small feat.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

except it always takes longer than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 670 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.457577 seconds : 43 queries executed (93.0%): GZIP compression disabled