Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Pixels

View previous topic  Ffs ! Post :: Post what do i do to.....  View next topic  
CR0SSFIRE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Pixels Reply to topic Reply with quote

This really annoys me (view image).

Is there any way to get around this?
IE: so that the ship can move all the way up to the wall?

If not, maybe in the future someone could make it so that any part of a tile that's black (#000000) would be translucent, and could be flown through.

Just an idea.[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The image.

Image.jpg - 2.29 KB
File downloaded or viewed 58 time(s)
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think Priit said something about at least making angled tiles work in the future, but for now you can't get around it.

I usually like to do something like this:

Where the black tiles are solid, and the white are fly-under tiles with only half (at an angle) colored.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
CR0SSFIRE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's what I've been doing too.
I made a tileset with walls at an angle halfway between the exact straights & diagonals (if that description works).

Guess I'll have to wait for Priit to do something about it.
Thanks for the info though.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hrmmm, dunno if you understood

the way I proposed uses three tiles in a row, your image...

looks like it only uses two tiles in a row (two angled-looking ones)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i use two, and just make them solid. You can really confuse people with those fly under/over
CR0SSFIRE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Check out NGUK Dark Matter if you've got 5 mins.

I'm working on it right now, so you can see for yourself.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

don't see it
CR0SSFIRE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yea I know, I stayed on for about half an hour then went to bed. I'm on GMT, was 1am tongue.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 679 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.556144 seconds : 36 queries executed (75.7%): GZIP compression disabled