Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
dev c++ open gl problem

View previous topic  any good tutorials on creating noob c+... Post :: Post can't compile c++ code  View next topic  
asssdads

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: dev c++ open gl problem Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

The first thing you need is to download some files that you will need. They are in the file sdlDevCPP-1.2.8. Extract the zip INSIDE your Dev-C++ directory so that the files from the folders lib and include (from the zip) get extracted to the folders lib and include in your Dev-C++ directory. On my computer the Dec-C++ folder is c:\Dev-C++. So after extracting the zip I would have the files libSDL.a, libSDL.la, libSDLmain.a and SDL.dll inside c:\Dev-C++\lib and lots of .h files inside c:\Dev-C++\include\SDL.

Now in Dev-C++ start a new console project. Now go to the project options dialog (found in the menu Project). The thing we need to set here is the field that says "Further object files or linker options:". Type in "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL" (w/o the quotes) inside it. Now click OK.

I installed the include and lib folders into dev include folder but when i cant find in project option Further object files or linker options:? any one know where is it
hellzlaker
Registered Cap Buster
Popping men in the ass since Oct 2005

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

uh no one replied? :\ wierd are guests on most peoples ignores?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't really understand the question or I would have replied...
hellzlaker
Registered Cap Buster

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok il write more clearly, I am trying to unpack SDL library for dev c++

This is the tutorial i found online (there is many more but they all say the same thing)
Quote:

PART1:
The first thing you need is to download some files that you will need. They are in the file sdlDevCPP-1.2.8. Extract the zip INSIDE your Dev-C++ directory so that the files from the folders lib and include (from the zip) get extracted to the folders lib and include in your Dev-C++ directory. On my computer the Dec-C++ folder is c:\Dev-C++. So after extracting the zip I would have the files libSDL.a, libSDL.la, libSDLmain.a and SDL.dll inside c:\Dev-C++\lib and lots of .h files inside c:\Dev-C++\include\SDL.

PART2:
Now in Dev-C++ start a new console project. Now go to the project options dialog (found in the menu Project). The thing we need to set here is the field that says "Further object files or linker options:". Type in "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL" (w/o the quotes) inside it. Now click OK.

I did the part 1 fine just when i get to part 2, i cannot find "Further object files or linker options:" in the project options, maybe it has a different location?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hellzlaker wrote:
uh no one replied? :\ wierd are guests on most peoples ignores?
In less than 24 hours, not very surprising tongue.gif
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

and it probably is true that if you logged in you would get more responses. at least for me...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
hellzlaker
Registered Cap Buster

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

waah every one is going offtopic:( any one know answer to my question?
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

it's in the directories tab.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 641 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.439319 seconds : 33 queries executed (93.2%): GZIP compression disabled