Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
UNIX script

View previous topic  java dynamic load/unload/run Post :: Post general programming  View next topic  
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: UNIX script Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does anyone know the best way of having CentOS parse the current process list for a specific process name and determine if the CPU usage has been above a specific threshold for X amount of time? If it does, kill it and re-execute the process?

Thoughts would be appreciated.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I seem to recall an /etc/limits or limit.conf that does that as part of the OS. You can set various thresholds and it'll kill processes if they exceed them.

I had to do that to prevent my friend from hacking in and fork bombing to crash my server. You'd be surprised how much better your security gets when you've got someone telling you how they exploited it.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

/etc/security/limits.conf
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 625 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.468235 seconds : 28 queries executed (81.7%): GZIP compression disabled