Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
DarkStar - Host Required

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  I am in need of a progarmer Post :: Post Zone Host: SSCW  View next topic  
Scopene

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: DarkStar - Host Required This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

DarkStar is a fast paced flagging zone. The ship settings are in between super and normal. There is a full description of ship settings on the forum...

http://z3.invisionfree.com/darkstarzone/index.php?showtopic=2

You do not have to register to read the topic, although feel free to do so, email validation is required.

There are 10 flags which spawn close to the center and there are currently 4 bases. A larger map is already in construction to be used if the zone acquires a good population. More zone and sub-arena information including pictures can be viewed here...

http://z3.invisionfree.com/darkstarzone/index.php?showtopic=1

Our ideology is simple, to provide a professional service to experienced flaggers. New players are also welcome but our aim is to run high quality flagging games with short but exciting events in between.

Flagging leagues will be ran if we can get enough active squads participating. We will be taking on staff to help run this league to a high standard.

If you are 18+ years old, mature, active and experienced in flagging then I'd love to hear from you. At the moment I do not call people in to my zone or advertise on forums for activity. I want to start that process after we have a good solid server to work from.

So who am I? My real name is John, I'm 23 from England. I live with my girlfriend, Ana. I love flagging and I've taken everything I've learned and put it into this zone to try and create the perfect flagging zone.

One last note, there is a small download (center safe graphic) but it's not too long. Also looking for coders for a baseduel bot and an anti-quickwin bot.

Thank you for your time.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Way to rip off RedStar more..

First the name DARKStar rofl wtf?
At least come up with a different name like Fusion

The ship settings are very similar

Quote:
Ship 2 - Javelin.

The javelin is a rushing ship with rapid level 2 bombs which have 3 bounces. This makes a very destructive rusher but may be found lacking in the center of the arena with its slow bombs.

MaxMines: 4
RepelMax: 2
BurstMax: 2
DecoyMax: 2
ThorMax: 2
BrickMax: 2
RocketMax: 2
PortalMax: 2

Speed: Fast
Guns: level 1
Bombs: level 2
Energy: 2000 (max)

Quote:
Ship 3 - Spider.

The spider is a very useful ship with powerful bombs, shrapnel and guns with the added benefit of cloak. The bullets are generally ineffective on their own but make good finishers and the bombs with their bounce and powerful shrapnel make them dangerous in and out of bases.

MaxMines: 3
BrickMax: 1

Speed: Medium
Guns: level 3
Bombs: level 3

Quote:
Ship 4 - Leviathan.

The leviathan is a slow but powerful sniping ship with rapid fire level 3 bombs and a lot of shrapnel. Although effective in sniping outside of bases, the leviathan makes a deadly bomb line ship.

MaxMines: 2
PortalMax: 3

Speed: slow
Guns: level 2
Energy: 1800 (max)

Quote:
Ship 5 - Terrier.

The terrier is one of two main anchor ships. Unlike the Lancaster, the terrier is much faster and has faster bomb speed as well. Although having weak bullet strength, the terrier can be effective at range and close quarters.

MaxMines: 3
ThorMax: 1

Speed: fast
Guns: level 1

Quote:
Ship 7 - Lancaster.

The Lancaster is the second anchor ship. Unlike the Terrier, the Lancaster has more energy, rapid bombs with powerful shrapnel, making this ship very difficult to get past. The bombs are slower than the Terrier, but can be used to devastating effect.

MaxMines: 4

Speed: medium
Guns: level 3
Energy: 2400 (max)

If you are 18+ years old, mature, active and experienced in flagging then I'd love to hear from you. At the moment I do not call people in to my zone or advertise on forums for activity. I want to start that process after we have a good solid server to work from.

Experienced in flagging in order to help?

Good luck with all that copied stuff.
Scopene

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Hello Style~

Thanks for your reply. I would like to clear up that zones like the one I have made take a long time to make, being the only person working on it. I started making this zone after RedStar had died.

Sorry to hear your problems with the similar ship settings, I understand your opinion. Thanks again for your reply and hopefully you might even consider playing here when we get onto a server.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Ok.. but at least come up with something original, you do have some originality in some ships. Also fix the name..
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

As far as I see, it is original. So, stop whining. =/
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Confess wrote:
As far as I see, it is original. So, stop whining. =/

+1, I am currently working on an automated client for hosting either asss or subgame zones, if you still do not have a host by the time I finish I will repost.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

What, Phong? Automated client for hosting? I don't guess you'd care to elaborate on that?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I'm starting to get back more into shell scripting and software dev thus I needed a project to start on. I dont think anyone has tried to put something together for hosting zones or making the process easier so I'm going to try to automate some of the processes on zone setups. Basically something that you can execute from command line like:

#createzone -t asss -u testuser -p xxxx -d listenport

Which would copy/compile an asss setup, create the user testuser, setup permissions, create the base config, and ftp or shell access as well as service monitoring scripts.

Just some ideas im tossing around icon_sad.gif Still trying to get subgame running nice either in wine or some other port that I can have the setup automate as well. May try to do this through a web interface that would also allow the user to login through the website to restart his server etc.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Junker88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Bagh, nothing wrong even if it was a Redstar clone.

I <3'd RS. icon_sad.gif
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I would be glad to host you. PM me your IM contacts (preferred). Or just a PM.
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

You do realize this thread is a year old?
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Oh, it was bumped :(
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Do not bring threads back from the dead unless you have relevant input! This thread has been locked.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 665 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.476873 seconds : 38 queries executed (91.1%): GZIP compression disabled