Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Linux Directory Server (port)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic  An editor to help make skins Post :: Post Text-based LVL editor (lol)  View next topic  
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okey, thanks. Btw, noticed that ddirserv still may crash sometimes.
"Segmentation fault" -> crash

SSNE Central Owner
www.ssnecentral.net
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kingsize wrote:
Okey, thanks. Btw, noticed that ddirserv still may crash sometimes.
"Segmentation fault" -> crash

This looks to be caused by a bug in the main program. The unmodified original windows version is also crashing for me when it downloads the server list. I suspect a hard memory limit is being hit somewhere in the program (ss must have more zones than CatId ever invisaged would exist).

The only work around i can offer is to turn off downloading (by putting in fake ip in the ini) I suspect that wont help if a critial number of zones use your dir server though...

I will have to investigate further.
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okey, no worries. I'll make a perl script to check every x minutes is ddirserv runnign or not... ...or something like that.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kingsize wrote:
Okey, no worries. I'll make a perl script to check every x minutes is ddirserv runnign or not... ...or something like that.

Well its broken on my server too so i will be trying to fix this.
The only consolation is its not my port thats broken, its the original code, in other words it replicates the behaviour of the original program exactly lol
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Heh, maybe I can wait till you get it fixed then. icon_smile.gif
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If someone was wondering how to run ddirserv on screen, when using MALLOC_CHECK_=1. Here is an example:

start.sh
Code: Show/Hide

#!/bin/bash

MALLOC_CHECK_=1
cd /path/to/dirserver_location/
screen -p ss_ddirserv ./ddirserv

to run:
./start.sh

Normally you should do it like this:
screen -p ss_dirserv ./ddirserv

...but with MALLOC_CHECK_=1 it's not possible to run like this:
MALLOC_CHECK_=1 screen -p ss_dirserv ./ddirserv
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Btw, noticed I haven't got the segmentation fault error for while. ddirserv has been running almost four days now...

Update (9/11/2008): Everything is still working fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 638 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.581891 seconds : 32 queries executed (76.2%): GZIP compression disabled