Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
do YOU have an idea?

View previous topic  School note taker Post :: Post bmp2raw  View next topic  
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: do YOU have an idea? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anyone have an ideas of programs that i could make. I can't think of anything.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

there are plenty of things to make... what type of technologies would you like to dive into? networking, concurrency, webapp, db, graphical, ...
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can you make a bmp -> raw convertor? It would have to accept 24bit bmp's minimum and output to either 32bit 8888 (just write it as if alpha was off), 16bit 4444, 5551 and 565. I don't know all the details but it should just involve deleting the bmp headers and some scaling to convert 8 bits per pixel to 4-5 bits per pixel. Also you aren't allowed to use .NET. There seems to be a lack of 16bit support in image editors.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you smong and CypherJF.

Smong:this one i may be interested in. First i need to know what exactly raw is...Second, if i can't use.NET(c#), can i use C? But now that i think of it, i don't have a Visual C Editer, and Microsofts is stupid(some free trial crap). Other than that i'm interested, so if you can find a way for me to use .NET, and describe raw it could work out.

CypherJF:I'm interested in programs that make you're life easier by taking data and making the most out of it, such as my Team Tracker/Sport Tracker program. I could be interested in networking, but not webapps, not databases, nor graphical(yet, may look into that).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't know much about the .raw format myself. I assume it's just raw pixel data, no headers like a bmp, so you must store the width/height/depth separate in your head or a separate file (you could even put it in the filename).

For example a 32bit image, you would write out 4 bytes for each pixel (1 byte each for r,g,b and alpha parts), just keep doing fwrite()'s starting from the top left pixel, go to the end of the column, then start on the next row down. When you write it out I think it might be ABGR too: 0xaabbggrr, since it's little endian red still ends up being the first byte in the file.

For 8888 -> 5551 conversion I think you do something like r5 = r8 * 32 / 256 to scale 256 down to 32 (5bits, 2^^5 = 32). For alpha set it to 0 I think.

Code: Show/Hide
struct
{
   unsigned short r : 5;
   unsigned short g : 5;
   unsigned short b : 5;
   unsigned short a : 1;
} rgba5551;
rgba5551.r = some_pixels_r_component * 32 / 256;
rgba5551.g = some_pixels_g_component * 32 / 256;
rgba5551.b = some_pixels_b_component * 32 / 256;
rgba5551.a = 0;
fwrite(&rgba5551, sizeof(rgba5551), 1, f);
nextpixel();

The reason I requested no .net was because I don't want to install the runtime. Don't you have devcpp for making asss modules? Hmm, I wonder if this is possible in PHP.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes i have devcpp, but it doesn't have the visual part. i don't plan on doing a windows app without visual aide. Unless it is just a commandprompt app.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showtopic=17110&hl= for my newest project info.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why not just make a console app?
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 644 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.496402 seconds : 33 queries executed (93.9%): GZIP compression disabled