Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Dev-C++ help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic  rifftool Post :: Post sport tracker  View next topic  
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

who said anything about C#? O_o
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

AJ wrote:
hmmmm man c++ is hard....

:P
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just wish i knew what the people at http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/introduction.html were talking about
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

just keep trying. once you start to understand the basics you'll start catching on at other concepts quicker. I know what you're talking about though. When i learned the basics, it was something alot different than what i expected it to be.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hmmm i cant seem to get the hang of c++
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You're a little young to learn I guess.

It's like sex. There's no point in trying before a certain age.

I'd suggest learning HTML first. It has nothing to do with programming, but it might help you understand some of the "logic" used in computers.

Code: Show/Hide
<html>
<head>
<title>Welcome!</title>
</head>
<body>
My first HTML page.
</body>
</html>
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
Actually, everything has to be in a namespace in C#...

You don't have to specify it though, it will go into the default namespace.

Here's another decent c tutorial

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Solo Ace wrote:

I'd suggest learning HTML first. It has nothing to do with programming, but it might help you understand some of the "logic" used in computers.

Code: Show/Hide
<html>
<head>
<title>Welcome!</title>
</head>
<body>
My first HTML page.
</body>
</html>
the sex part isn't true tongue.gif and i know some html, and btw thanks d1
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well what's the point in having sex when you're 9 years old? You're just starting to find out what a girl is at that age. And 12, come on. sa_tongue.gif

Well, just keep trying then, you'll learn it eventually.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol were did u get 9 from? Any way ill keep tring and hopfully ill get sometin done.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Solo Ace wrote:

I just don't know about that. One of my friends has been programming in C++ since he was 10, he's 20 something now and is a freaking genius. He does 3D art too, and he wasn't happy with the way fur was being rendered, so he decided to write his own raytracer. That sounds pretty complex to me. I personally think we should teach programming in elementary school. Nothing super complex, but enough that the kids won't be super computer retarded when they grow up, and be scared of working on computers. I managed to program in qBASIC when I was 4... they were probably the worst programs in the world, but they DID run. Of course back then, you also had to know how to use DOS without freaking out. But I was young and I wasn't going to let anything get in between me and video games, so I learned. Now I'm not claiming to be a super computer whiz, but I do know more about computers than the average guy, and that's probably one of the reasons why, learning early. Kids don't know enough about computers when they're that young to be scared of them yet, so I think it's a great age to start learning.

As to why people ever get scared of computers, I'll never know. My mom isn't stupid when it comes to computers... hell, she knows how to program in FORTRAN and Cobol. She also knows how to navigate DOS. But any time the computer does something she doesn't expect, she freaks out and runs to my dad. The other day, our power went out. We have a UPS, so she shut the computer down, but she was getting pissed and the UPS beeping. I told her to turn it off, but she was too scared to press the power button, because she didn't know what it would do. But it's not like UPSes have self destruct buttons....
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 690 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.955258 seconds : 36 queries executed (96.2%): GZIP compression disabled