Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Command & Conquer: Base Wars - New ASSS zone!!!

View previous topic  SSCI Unreal Tournament Post :: Post Pirates!  View next topic  
Vicarious!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Command & Conquer: Base Wars - New ASSS zone!!! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Command & Conquer: Base Wars is a "zone" within the online multiplayer game "Subspace: Continuum". (Zone name: SSM C&C Base Wars) The multiplayer game itself is a space fighting game, but the Base Wars project has made it something else. You guessed it, we have turned Subspace into C&C. In a sense, this is something like the old C&C: Sole Survivor game.

Heres a few bits of what were doing. (screenshot links below)
Screenshot 1
screenshot 2

If you notice with these images theres a few things we do that have never been done in Subspace to make a much more flexible environment, that constantly changes as the game goes on, such as:

- Craters or smudges are left where players are killed
- Trees, civilian buildings, rivers, and patches of tiberium are spread out through the map
- A destructible environment. This one is a big factor. No zone in Subspace has ever used this approach - base wars - thus where we get our name from. Team bases are completely destructible, and have a few defenses placed around them to keep the enemy away.
- Turret defences: Each team has its own unique type of defense turrets, Team 0 (GDI) has advanced guard towers, where team 1, (NOD) has Obelisks (high power laser system).

The main objectives of the game is one of two things: Destroy the enemy base, or capture the flag.

To do these fights, players are given an arsenal of different, unique weapons such as:
- Hum-vee
- MLRS (rocket launcher)
- Medium Tank
- Small tank
- APC (Armored personnel carrier)
- Dune buggy
- Flame tank
- Artillery

This is one of the few zones that seem to almost "overdo it" with the immense amount of graphics we use, and simply how unique our style of gameplay is.

Be sure to check us out! SSM C&C: Base wars.

Zone thanks go out to:
- Vicarious!: Settings, gfx, sfx, ideas, map
- InamotO: Settings, gfx, ideas, map
- Smong: Programmer
- Nyerguds: Ship gfx
- Cancer+: SSM host

Get Subspace!
Click here for our zone forum or read our zone news for more links to C&C stuff!

For those of you who dont know how to find us:
1. Get subspace and install it, make yourself a profile.
2. go to "zones"
3. Click "download"
4. Find SSM C&C: Base Wars in the list, double click to add the zone to your list
5. Click ok
6. pick out our zone from your list, hit play.

See you there!
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Needs more players to be fun, but it's got possibility.
Vicarious!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thats...why im advertising..? tongue.gif
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This zone has a lot of potential. I enjoyed it. This is the next SSC zone if more people play. It's a lot better than these dead ssc zones with like 2 people in them. Take a look at SSCX. Good luck!

Visit this zone. It has things other zones don't because of asss. (Although this is possible with bots).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BlueGoku
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks very well made. I'll have to check it out when I've got a minute.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cancer+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BDwinsAlt wrote:
Take a look at SSCX.

Or he could stay with SSM ?

I'm looking to invest into a server so I can try and get SSC.

Anyways, great fun zone. Since it's ASSS, this zone has the potential to do alot of different things. These guys are working their asses off and it's showing.

Good job, keep it up.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wouldn't recommend running asss on Windows. I know a zone or two on SSC that uses Linux. Trust me, it leads to problems if you're not careful on Windows. Try to get the patch for creating arenas making your server crash. Zim made one.

SSM is fine, but some people only play SSC zones. If you get SSC, that would rock.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ASSS on windows isn't fun, I got kicked out twice playing the zone...

Anyhow, it looks real good, and has potential. But "death" graphics don't disappear after a while.
And unless you have a team of 2+, it's a bit hard to enter the enemy's base.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I entered the enemy based an destroyed all the buildings ezpz. If you line yourself with the sentry things and shoot from a distance, they can?t get you.
Cancer+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The zone WAS crashing, but we got it all fixed up.

If I invested in a server, it would possibly run Linux, but as of right now, I see no problems with Windows.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Vicarious!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BDwinsAlt wrote:
I entered the enemy based an destroyed all the buildings ezpz. If you line yourself with the sentry things and shoot from a distance, they can?t get you.

Fixd - I think. Slightly modified the map - hopefully this is a bit better of a base design. icon_cool.gif
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nooooo. Now I'm gonna suck again. j/k. Good luck with the zone. I'll try to be a regular when I'm not working on my biller.
Vicarious!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quick update - Server is now running on SST (soon on SSCT). just in case you are looking for it.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Who does SST belongs to? Sorry forgot hehe...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Confess+
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 671 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.561803 seconds : 40 queries executed (76.3%): GZIP compression disabled