Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Welcome to the new server running on Titan!

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  Priit may work on Continuum 0.39 this ... Post :: Post ATTENTION: All Zone Owners!  View next topic  
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the new server running on Titan! This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Welcome to the new server running on Titan! Titan is a virtual machine running on my server called Saturn. The forums should be working much faster, because right now the box is only serving just this forum and a couple of other processes that don't have anyone connecting to them yet.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: https://forums.minegoboom.com This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Since I now have a bunch of IP addresses, I'll be able to host some HTTPS sites that I planned on wanting to before. More specifically, http://forums.minegoboom.com/ is now a valid domain.

For those of you that like SSL, you may notice that it is verified by a certification authority that you don't trust yet. In most browsers, just clicking "Accept Forever" works. For those of you that maybe using different SSL features that I'll be hosting, you may want to install the signing certificate as a trusted root certificate. To do that, download Mineplowers.der and installed it. To install in Windows/IE, right-click the file and Install Certificate. For Firefox, Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Encryption -> View Certificates -> Authorities -> Import.

Now any certificate that I sign will be a trusted certificate and you won't get warnings in the future. Granted, I could then make an ebay.minegoboom.com and sign it as eBay, but if you are smart enough to install a certificate, you are smart enough to fall for "all SSL sites must be real sites." I may in the future purchase a real signed SSL certificate, but I doubt that it really needed.

Have fun browsing the forums knowing that people won't be able to sniff your passwords from here now.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: