Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Cool signature text's

View previous topic  take that! Post :: Post New Server  View next topic  
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:57 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Cool signature text's Reply to topic Reply with quote

As in text's i mean ideas or sayings.

"What is real?"
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:08 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

"If it don't stick and needs to, use Duct Tape. If it sticks and don't need to, use WD-40."
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:43 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

See below.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:14 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands.
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem.
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details.
Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems.
Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.
When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows," people just stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free."
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:01 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What? Really crappy operating systems? I'm still on Windows and use it as my main operating system. How come most of the people in this world are still doing the same, then?
If your Windows crashes so much as you think it usually does, it's time to get a clean install running or buy some stable hardware.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:58 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just another Linus Torvalds quote. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Heh, well windows is a crappy operating system, we're just forced to use it most of the time. icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cancer+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:38 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Noone is forced to use them. There are a ton of other operating systems out there. The reason noone else uses them is because people don't know how, or it is too hard.

So Microsoft brings "easiness" to your life. Once Linux does that, it could be a power house.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:50 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If by crappy, you mean mandatory for every day life, then yeah, it's pretty crappy.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It hasn't been mandatory for my life. icon_smile.gif
I guess I don't test viruses and then give them to other people, so yeah, it isn't mandatory for me.
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:44 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Was sind das f?r Tiere? Fossas!!!
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:30 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What does it profit a man to gain the world but lose his soul?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:49 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

By being "forced to use it" I mean that I'd rather run my windows programs (games, MS Word, etc.) natively.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:06 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Once Linux does that, it could be a power house
First step would be to remove the console from sight. Have a variable in some configuration file or whatever that could toggle the console and developer-friendly components of the operating system on and off.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:41 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
By being "forced to use it" I mean that I'd rather run my windows programs (games, MS Word, etc.) natively.

There are some games for Windows that actually work better when running on Linux. That isn't the case most of the time. I do have to agree with you though. It is a whole lot easier to run Windows Programs on Windows. If all you do is play continuum, and you can do everything else on Linux, why not try it. I only needed Windows for Continuum, but it wines well for me. I tried starting Windows XP after not using it for about 3 months, and it said hal.dll was missing. I didn't touch anything the last time I booted up. I booted up, went afk, and then hit shutdown. I'm too lazy to replace the dll. I don't even use Windows.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:50 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I need/like Windows for: EVE-Online, Microsoft Word (OpenOffice is too slow), Unreal Tournament, Medal of Honor (may work better on Linux), Continuum, and above all for my Windows programming. AOKTS is written using native Win32 API and would be a big pain to try to develop on Linux. icon_razz.gif
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:12 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan, my openoffice used to chug like no other, but I found some article explaining how to optimize it, see this site: http://lifehacker.com/software/optimization/speed-up-openoffice-270775.php and try it out.
BDwinsAlt (dad pc)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:23 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
I need/like Windows for: EVE-Online, Microsoft Word (OpenOffice is too slow), Unreal Tournament, Medal of Honor (may work better on Linux), Continuum, and above all for my Windows programming. AOKTS is written using native Win32 API and would be a big pain to try to develop on Linux. icon_razz.gif

In that case, you are better off using Windows.
In my case, there is no need to use it.

What ever fuels your car (haha j/k).

OpenOffice loads faster than Microsoft Office 2003 (Word) did. Maybe because I'm using less resources or something. Maybe I just forgot how long it took to start. Everything seems to be running fine for me.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:20 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oooh, I'll have to check that out next time I boot into Linux, Cypher. Thanks!
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OpenOffice loads a lot more quickly than Word on the university cluster machines. I haven't had Word on my computers for 8ish years, so I don't know how the speed compares on a well maintained machine.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:27 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

On every machine I've ever used, Microsoft word loads somewhere between instantaneously and a few seconds while OpenOffice has taken anywhere from 10s to 30s.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:55 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I tried OpenOffice once... It sucked...
And if I'd try it again now, it would suck even more because I have Office 2007 now, which totally owns... Powerpoint, Word and Excel's interface was completly redone, and everything is so much nicer...
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:01 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well openoffice is a lot cheaper. After that tweak, it loads instantly. Nice find cyph.
Cancer+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:11 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This topic has gone astray!

Signatures -> Linux > Windows -> Difference between openoffice and word.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
blue monday
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:41 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nevermind...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 628 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.842000 seconds : 51 queries executed (64.2%): GZIP compression disabled