Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
New Server
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic  Cool signature text's Post :: Post Solo's crazy ex-girlfriend blog  View next topic  
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:48 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is it possible (at all) to install a windows VM or anything?
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:58 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can install any kind of VM. I used VMWare to run Linux and Gameplay used VMWare to run Windows. It's easy. MGB is different because he runs his stuff off one Kernel. I don't think you can do anything like that with Windows except create different users. (Which you can do on Linux). It's not the same though.

MGB put a lot of effort into this. It seems to be working correctly so far. sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:03 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BDwinsAlt wrote:
I like the German people better

Well, they don't like you. No, seriously. Most Germans hate Americans. Not as bad as the French, or anything, but the Germans are very weird about race. I know a guy who is American, but spent most of his life in Germany(from ages 2-19), then came back to America, and promptly joined the Navy, or something like that. But when he goes to Germany and talks to strangers, they call him German. When he corrects them and tells them he is American, they correct him and tell him he is German. Very weird. =\ I guess it's kind of like how Bill Cosby and Stevie Wonder are White in my mind.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:16 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

These people are used to exchange. I know an idiot redneck who went to a theme park (filled with Germans because of Mercedes-Benz plant) with me and was using a lot of slang and stuff with them. He was like "Well they were white, so I figured they were American." Awesome assumption because most workers there are German (the ones working the concessions). He was a football player, Imagen that.

Isn't the entire continent of Europe white? (and parts of Asia because of Russia).

Anyway... If I don't act like a retarded American, and I actually try to use their language, maybe they won't hate me. The Germans who came here knew how to speak English very well. I don't want to rely on others in a foreign country to speak my language though. It's my responsibility to be able to communicate with the language spoken by the rest of the people. (Hope this doesn't turn into an immigration issue)

<3 Germany
</3 France

Maybe if I show my hatred of France they will accept me. They were wrong to put Germany through what they did. 40 trillion w/e in currency to equal one US dollar. Talk about a depression. The US wines about our Great Depression. Europe had it worse.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:25 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

@You two: WTF?
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:37 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
Xen does let you virtualize everything, but only if your processor supports it in hardware. Sadly, to get this to work with my current machine requires Qemu, which can only be compiled with GCC3. Setting up GCC3 sucks, though I could compile from a different machine and just copy the package over.
BDwinsAlt wrote:
I don't think you can do anything like that with Windows except create different users.
Xen + an Intel processor with a VT flag (which mine does) can virtualize any OS. The only difficulty is that it requires another tool because it doesn't do it natively yet, and that other tool is the bitch of the setup.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:40 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So, would you be willing/able to install windows? Or Linux only?
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:57 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Confess wrote:
So, would you be willing/able to install windows? Or Linux only?
If someone pays for the license, possibly. But it is a big waste of resources.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:52 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can wine your biller and subgame.
You don't have to have Windows. icon_biggrin.gif
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:37 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How much is the license? From SWSoft, a friend of mine said its $5/m for the windows and virtouzzo
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:33 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Confess wrote:
How much is the license?
You buy Windows. So whatever price you pay for it. Your friend is renting someone else's license.

I do have tons of spare Win98 licenses, but nothing NT based.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:14 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've got a windows NT 2000 cd key, which I do believe is also usable with server. Perhaps we could try it?
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:14 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Windows CD Keys aren't necessarily transferrable. For example, XP allows you to install it on one system, and they limit the amount of devices and device changes you can have. In reality, it will let you install it on 3 different systems, however, those 3 different systems can all be the same computer. It's kind of confusing, and I don't completetly understand what you can and can't do. All I know is, if that spare key has been used before, then chances are it's not legal to transfer.

Yes, I do read EULAs.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:08 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
Unfortunately, Windows CD Keys aren't necessarily transferrable.

OEM are only transferable if your main system breaks. Otherwise, it is legally tied to that system. Retail editions let you install it to anything, as long as it is installed only on one system at a time.

So to legally install it to a new system, you need to wipe the key (or the disk) from the previous system, even if you plan on never turning it on or it is only one a hard drive not even plugged in.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:18 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thats not true with Win2000. Aside from that, this is a CD key that is valid for several computers, legally.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:34 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
[..]

OEM are only transferable if your main system breaks. Otherwise, it is legally tied to that system. Retail editions let you install it to anything, as long as it is installed only on one system at a time.

So to legally install it to a new system, you need to wipe the key (or the disk) from the previous system, even if you plan on never turning it on or it is only one a hard drive not even plugged in.

I really don't think that's true, from what I remember. But I don't care enough to look it up, so whatever.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:28 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IK BEN MIJN PASPOORT KWIJT!!!

"I am my passport lost", is what that'd mean in English, literally.

Say that to a Dutch officer and he'll lock you up 4lyfe.

It's called Dutchland.

@blue monday: what the...?

Alexa used to work at McDonald's, haha, I'm not sure if the flipping there works automatically.
She used to get mad at me when I said "they should automate the baking processes at the big restaurants, they'd be able to save so much on those crappy uneducated people", because "Those poor losers need to have work too!!!".
Well, they can clean the machines then, damnit.

Anyway, how can you say German people are nicer than Dutch people? That's like saying "my toothbrush is faster - in a lower gear - than your toothbrush!".

Don't act like you hate people here. That's just dumb. And yeah, Europe's mostly white. Except, we got some Morrocan trash here too. As if we didn't have enough trash ourselves.

As I don't do drugs I wouldn't really care about the weed and the coffeeshops. The red light district in Amsterdam is simply disgusting, but I guess losers need to get laid too.

I don't know which country is most interesting. I'll just move to Belgium I guess. So I can laugh at their silly language and insult them by trying to fix their insane logic.
I warn you, if you ever go to Belgium, take a guide. They're crazy, seriously! Their English sucks ass, just like their Dutch, lol.

According to Alexa, Europe's super-boring and everything's 10x smaller than in the US. But then again she just likes to whine about everything.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So I take it you and alexa are still tiki tiki? Zing zang doodle doot.

I might go to Amsterdam in a few weeks. Got any suggestions for other cities to visit in europe?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:45 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

According to Solo, Alexa's a pretty crappy person. But then again, he doesn't stop going out with her.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:38 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So... MGB, did this project get started yet? icon_sad.gif
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

He is probably waiting on the passport... he is his passport lost. icon_mad.gif
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:45 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Seriously? Ik ben mijn paspoort ook kwijt.

Well, not really.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Solo Ace wrote:
MGB, did this project get started yet?

Work, getting a new house, and having family visit for a week is sort of taking up a good chunk of my time. I have everything in place, but need to just dedicated an afternoon to convert everything to the private VM IP network. Then I can setup new machines with ports forwarding in around 10 minutes each, and most of that time is involved in uncompressing disk images.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:34 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Solo Ace wrote:
Seriously? Ik ben mijn paspoort ook kwijt.

Well, not really.

Aa! Jij zit op mijn passport!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 669 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.680146 seconds : 49 queries executed (68.6%): GZIP compression disabled