Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Walls? Walls? So many walls?

View previous topic  Turf flag mixup in mapdata.c Post :: Post kill points (game.c points_kill.c)  View next topic  
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Walls? Walls? So many walls? Reply to topic Reply with quote

weve got impassable walls, flyover walls, flyunder tiles, team bricks...could we work walls that are ship-imapassable, but weapons can fly over them?

im trying to think if there is a possible hack with ASSS that seems conventional, but im at my wit's end
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It would be POSSIBLE, but the result will probably be unacceptable. It would basicly be a *warpto when ever you fly over it. It would look horrible.

The only real soloution is a client-side implementation. Priitk mentioned something about a map format change a year ago to include other tiles, like diagonals. This request may have already been voiced and added to the list of possibilites, but only PriitK knows whats on that list.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
...only PriitK knows whats on that list.

Actually, a good bit of people knows whats on 'the list'. Priit setup a BugTraq for council members to use. A bunch of bugs are there, and a huge list of suggestions. I usually forward bugs and good suggestions over there, as a few people have noticed that their bug/suggestions have/will be fixed/added.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Picano2.0
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mmmm reminds me, really want "frcition" tiles ^_^
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
roof_tiles
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tiles which make energy go up, and down tiles which ships fly through but bullets dton(useful for safes, stop safe-lamers) vice versa..etc boom boom boom!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you could fake some of that with ASSS, but like DrB said, my inclination in the beginning was to believe it was too client-dependent to be handled with ASSS modules
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And making map changes that affect the client would need a new map editor... or some other LVZ-like thing(eek!).

BTW, Why not let everyone see the bugtraq?
Would at least give the people something to strenghten the hope that a new version will come out this year sa_tongue.gif
-"l33t h41ku"
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

See? don't know why not.

Post? Because if he only lets council members post, which are to represent the general public in different forms (zones, websites, etc), he can keep BugTraq pretty clean of useless junk. Mostly. That way others can weed out the useless requests and get the goodies in there.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Helicon wrote:
you could fake some of that with ASSS

Is it possible to increase a players energy by a certain amount? What about changing the recharge rate to high briefly then back down again without players lagging on purpose to get temp super.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
Helicon wrote:
you could fake some of that with ASSS

Is it possible to increase a players energy by a certain amount? What about changing the recharge rate to high briefly then back down again without players lagging on purpose to get temp super.
you could check...though some of that means sending new settings packets (check me)

BTW, i find the idea that i am being "represented" kind of ironic. That sounds like a load of crap. It's probably all cronyism, but that's the way anything in this community gets done, right?
FudLe Pucker
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh all that is so complex, makes my head hurt >_< I think one way doors or one way tiles are a good idea. Because it'd be cool to pass through one of those tiles and not be able to come back.. Opens a lot of possibilites for compact bases.

I like this smiley new_let_it_all_out.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 624 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.539309 seconds : 36 queries executed (82.7%): GZIP compression disabled